navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Why do I Still Love You?
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Why do I Still Love You? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
BABYFACE
since 2000-07-09
Posts 17
DALLAS,TX

0 posted 2000-07-18 04:13 PM

WHY DO I STILL LOVE YOU?
WHY DO I STILL WISH YOU WERE WITH ME?
WHY DO I MISS YOU SO MUCH WHEN I GO TO BED AT NIGHT?

ALL YOU EVER DID WAS PLAY ME.
ALL YOU EVER DID WAS LIE TO ME.
ALL YOU EVER DID WAS USE ME.

I REALLY WISH THAT I COULD JUST EARASE ALL THE MEMORIES WE MADE TOGETHER BECAUSE THERE WERE ONLY A FEW GOOD ONES, THE REST WERE ALL THE TIMES YOU LIED, ALL THE TIMES I COULD'T FIND YOU. THOSE MEMORIES I WANT GONE, BUT THE GOOD MEMORIES WE DID HAVE WERE THE ONES WERE WE WENT TO THE PARK TOGETHER AND JUST ACTED LIKE KIDS AGAIN, THE FIRST DAY WE MET AND YOU JUST HELD ME CLOSE, MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD, YOU MADE ALL MY PROBLEMS DISAPER. I HOPE TO KEEP THOSE MEMORIES FOREVER!!!

I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY I STILL LOVE YOU, YOU HERT ME SO BAD THAT'S ONE THING I WANT TO FORGETT, BECAUSE NOW WHEN I SEE YOU ALL I SEE IS SOMEONE WHO LIES, AND SOMEONE WHO CHEATS.
I WANT TO SEE THE DAN I SAY IN THE BEGGINING LOVING, CARING, MY PERFECT MAN.

DEDICATED TO MY EX BOYFRIEND I MISS YOU
I STILL LOVE YOU WHY?

© Copyright 2000 SARAH PIERCE - All Rights Reserved
Martini
since 2000-07-11
Posts 308
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1 posted 2000-07-18 04:24 PM

Love takes a long time to get over.... I know, I've been trying to do it for so long.  And last night I was talking to a friend and he asked me why I still wanted my ex after everything and all the time that had passed.  My answer to him was because I am still in love with him.  His response to me was you can't be in love unless both people feel the same way, and that when you have memories, good memories with a person, and when you have loved a person, that never leaves you.  And that you may always love them but the kind of love changes.  

You still love your ex, that is understandable, however, it's probably less of the romantic kind of love, and more of loving what you had and the person they were to you.  It does get easier, and the pain does go away, it just takes time.  Trying to forget is impossible, trying to move on however, is quite achievable...

good writing

Alex Sankowich
since 2000-07-17
Posts 28
North Carolina, USA
2 posted 2000-07-18 05:29 PM

You will never get over that love you have for that person.  NEVER.  Love stays.  It may die, but deep down, even after it has faded away, you still have love for that person.  You still love him because the love is still there.

--
"True love lasts forever."
"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die."

Rachel Turner
since 2000-07-15
Posts 16
Judsonia, Arkansas
3 posted 2000-07-18 06:13 PM

Your poem is very good! Hold on to the memories and maybe one day he will realize what he done to you was wrong!!! Keep writing!!

with love,

Rachel

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
4 posted 2000-07-19 04:47 PM

The sad thing is, we often fall in love way easier than we are able to fall out of it. I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this pain. At any cost, you'll be able to move on when your heart is ready, DOn't rush things, but at the same time, try to not think about him so much. The guy is flat out stupid for putting you through all this-you didn't deserve it, so don't bother to give him the time of day! Keep your head up my friend and best of luck in love and life! Love Always~*~Jessica~*~

*~* I wIsH I wAs A LiTTlE gIrL aGaIn; SkInNeD kNeEs AnD bRuIsEd ElBoWs ArE eAsIeR tO hEaL tHaN a BrOkEn HeArT!*~*

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
5 posted 2000-07-19 07:17 PM

Wow. More prose than poetry, but I feel you.
I've never experienced love, I pull out way before that. But for those who love very deeply, I know it's hard to get over. I feel depressed after a break-up that I've initiated, and I could imagine if it were the other way around.... Keep up the emotion. Good work.
Jenn

Funky_chick
since 2000-07-19
Posts 2

6 posted 2000-07-19 10:53 PM

I loved this poem, and at the moment i'm going through the same sort of thing.  I wish you the best of luck with it all and the only thing i can say is - hang in there.  It's not all bad, but it is very hard.  My problem is that i only remember the good times...
But it helped me to know that someone else out there understands what it feels like.
So thank you for your poem!

TrueLUV
since 2000-07-19
Posts 158
Connecticut, U.S.A.
7 posted 2000-07-19 11:28 PM

Hey great poem, but hey guys are just like that I should know I am a guy I am sorry for what your feeling, but soon that feeling will fade away and maybe you'll find TrueLUV.  just smile
Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
8 posted 2007-12-02 03:52 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Why do I Still Love You?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary