navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Love At First Sight
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Love At First Sight Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Vball Chickie1624
since 2000-05-14
Posts 116
New York

0 posted 2000-07-15 10:59 PM

One week,
That's all I spent with you.
One week,
Is all it took to fall in love with you.
It's what some might call,
Love at first sight.
It's what some migh call,
A soulmate.

When I first saw you,
The sparkle in your blue eyes melted me.
When I first spoke to you,
Your voice took away all my butterflies.
When you first put your arms around me,
I felt warm and safe.
When your lips touched mine for the first time,
An overwhelming feeling of happiness rushed through me.

There was an instant connection,
Like you knew me inside and out.
Like you loved me no matter what.
Those feelings will never leave me,
Even if it was only a week.
To love someone like that,
To replay those ever lasting memories,
In the end it's all worth it.

It's been a year and still,
I think about you and smile.
I think about you and laugh.
All the memories that were created,
In one week.
Some would say it's impossible,
So would I before I met you.
Before I experienced "Love at first sight."

If I don't see you again for a while,
It's okay.
Because I know that there's someone out there for me,
Someone who loves me,
Someone who's made for me,
Someone who in one week,
Managed to change my life forever,
Managed to expose my heart to the world.

So don't you worry,
I know you're out there.
I know I'll find you again.
I know we met for a reason,
We were meant to be together,
We were meant to be separated,
Because true love will always overcome the distance,
True love will always win.

A little background for you guys...I wrote this poem about a guy I met on vacation last year.  We instantly clicked...and if any of you know how that feels then you know how I felt...Just to know that someone's out there like that makes the whole thing worth it...the guy I met just happens to live in virgina and me in new york...so we're a ways away, but as the saying goes..."if you love something let it go if it comes back it's yours if it doesn't it was never meant to be."  I hope you guys liked the poem...tell me what you think.

Love ya all,
Danielle

"Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you

© Copyright 2000 Danielle DuFour - All Rights Reserved
sorrowfulangel
since 2000-06-29
Posts 59
Memphis,TN
1 posted 2000-07-16 04:08 AM

i really liked your poem....although i've never had the luck of love at first sight...now i will have the wonderful feelings and descriptions of your poem to look forward to...

"god is the biggest under-achiever I know,something good happens god is great,something bad happens,he now works in mysterious ways"

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2000-07-16 08:10 AM

"To love someone like that,
To replay those ever lasting memories,
In the end it's all worth it."

Lovely description and insights here Danielle!  I love your positive attitude ... being able to look back on the happy memories and smile, is such a treasure! Great writing!  

Best wishes,
/Kit

Chel
since 2000-07-01
Posts 511
Baltimore, MD, USA
3 posted 2000-07-16 11:37 AM

Hey there, I enjoyed this poem very much, and I know the feeling.  All I can say is that if it was meant to be than it will be.  Keep up the good work.

Chel

"True friends stab you in the front"
"Always do your best, you will always succeed"

Snickers
since 2000-05-25
Posts 88
East Haddam, CT
4 posted 2000-07-16 12:49 PM

Beautiful work Danielle!!  I luv the way u described how this person made u feel.  You really made me crave this kind of love.  It's great that u were able to find someone that u felt so connected to, yet I'm sorry that u had to let him go.  Trust fate to lead you back to him.  

~<3 Alwayz~
  **Nikki**

~*~*~*~*"We can complain because roses have thorns, or we can rejoice because thorns have roses." *~*~*~*~

Lovely_Kris
since 2000-07-11
Posts 176

5 posted 2000-07-16 03:28 PM

I think your poem was great. I hope things go well for you. Keep up the great work and hope to  read more.
Lovely_kris

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
6 posted 2000-07-16 04:15 PM

i believe in love at first sight...and the saying i believe that too...thats my quote...hopefully in the future maybe you will actually meet this guy again...i wish you the best of luck...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
7 posted 2000-07-17 01:01 AM

Of course I like the poem...it came from your heart and your hand laid it down beautifuly.  Do you and him ever communicate?
I hope this story has a happy endeing...keep us posted.

Jeremy

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

Vball Chickie1624
since 2000-05-14
Posts 116
New York
8 posted 2000-07-17 08:04 AM

Hey guys...thanks for your replies.  Just to let you know me and him still do communicate.  We both have AOL Instant Messanger so I get to talk to him sometimes on there and we e-mail back and forth.  I wrote that while I was away on vacaiton (the last 2 weeks) I go to Ocean City Maryland every year and that's where I met him..so being the last couple of weeks brought back memories.  Thanks for your support guys and I'll keep you posted.  

Luv ya,
Danielle  

"Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
9 posted 2007-12-01 11:18 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Love At First Sight

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary