navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Beauty, and what it truly is
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Beauty, and what it truly is Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Rayz
since 2000-07-14
Posts 13
Fresno, CA, U.S.A

0 posted 2000-07-14 03:47 PM

True "Beauty"

Beauty comes and beauty fades, But true beauty will last till the end of days.
  For the true beauty of a woman shows through her eyes, true beauty was there the day Christ died.
  His love was shown to us that day, he shined with a beauty that never went away.
  There's no greater beauty then what God has done, as he sent to die his one and only son.
  A woman who is beautiful has beauty skin deep, but a woman with true beauty is a treasure to keep.
  Her glow is that of Christ when he died, and she possesses a smile that is impossible to hide.
  That woman's glow can cut through the darkest of nights, and just to look at her beauty makes you lose your sight.
  For her beauty does not come from makeup or fleshly desire, but comes from God, and the spirit, which burns in her with a fire.
  She is kind, and loving, and caring, and giving, she strives to be like Christ, so much, that he becomes her reason for living.
  A beauty like this is hard to find almost rare, it only exists in the hearts of those who love God, since Christ is there.
  A beauty like this is joyous to find, I've found such a woman and I pray she'll be mine.

[This message has been edited by Rayz (edited 07-14-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Raymond Medrano - All Rights Reserved
TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
Vereeniging, South-Africa
1 posted 2000-07-14 05:12 PM

This is beautiful poem, you are lucky that you ound someone special, and that you know she is special, not because of how she looks, but because of her inner beauty  

Fantastic poem, keep it up

Waves...amazing hey? Wind blowing over smoothe ocean water creates shear. The longer the wind blows, and the futher the fetch, the more energy gets transferred from the wind to the water. What started off as a breeze 1 000km away, ends up as a glass-faced barrel at some far off beach.

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
2 posted 2000-07-14 05:17 PM

first of all welcome to passions...this is a beautiful first post...you are a talented writer...i am glad that you found someone that is like the way you described in the poem...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
3 posted 2000-07-14 06:19 PM

Welcome to Passions Rayz!

What a wonderful first post!
You are so fortunate to have found someone who's true beauty shines through  

Please check your e-mail for a special message!

Best wishes,
/Kit

Jacman
since 2000-06-27
Posts 291
Dwight Il, US
4 posted 2000-07-15 01:47 AM

-Who can find a viruous woman?  For her price is far above rubies-  

Excellent first post.  I'm happy to see that someone shares a love for Christ as much as I do.  E-mail me sometime, I would love to hear more of what you have to say.

jason.

Kittie
since 2000-07-08
Posts 103

5 posted 2000-07-15 02:03 PM

Welcome to Passions.  Great first post.  I enjoyed it very much.  Keep up the good work.  Hope to read more.

Kittie< !signature-->

[This message has been edited by Kittie (edited 07-15-2000).]

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
6 posted 2000-07-15 02:16 PM

Wonderful poem! It creates beautiful imagery and I hope to see lots more like this from you! The form you used is one that I haven't seen for quite some time and it suits you well! Keep it up! Love Always~*~Jessica~*~

p.s. welcome to passions, you will be an excellent addition to the family!  

~*~My fire is dead,it knew no pain; yet it is dead and I remain: All stiff with ice ashes lie;and they are dead, and I will die~*~

wwjd168
since 2000-07-17
Posts 3

7 posted 2000-07-17 02:01 AM

u rock ray!
Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
8 posted 2007-12-01 11:18 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Beauty, and what it truly is

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary