navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Nothing girl
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Nothing girl Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
Vereeniging, South-Africa

0 posted 2000-07-13 04:42 PM

Maybe I wear baggies
and white socks with flip-flops,
maybe I don’t like listening to rave
and I’m not on the social mountaintops,
maybe I don’t care about the things
that make your worlds twirl,
maybe you look at me and think:
“Gee, what a nothing girl.”

Maybe I like giving smiles
which seems to be a sin today,
and maybe I allow my imagination
to sometimes run away,
maybe you don’t understand this
and that’s why you cannot see,
if this make me a nothing girl,
hey, that’s ok with me!

The world makes you believe
your personality mustn’t be detected,
your face must be picture perfect
and wear cloths just the best, to be accepted.
Maybe I look at you
and feel sorry that you’re blind,
robots you have became,
yourself you’ll never find.

God made you, as well as me,
this means I am something,
the world is a liar
and if I must be a nothing
for you to see it,
then so be it!

Waves...amazing hey? Wind blowing over smoothe ocean water creates shear. The longer the wind blows, and the futher the fetch, the more energy gets transferred from the wind to the water. What started off as a breeze 1 000km away, ends up as a glass-faced barrel at some far off beach.

© Copyright 2000 TearsOfPearls - All Rights Reserved
Phoebee
since 2000-07-09
Posts 42
Peoria, AZ
1 posted 2000-07-13 04:51 PM

Your poem is great.  A robot I will not be.  I love being different.  Keep up th egood work.

"Everything happens for a reason!"

Lovely_Kris
since 2000-07-11
Posts 176

2 posted 2000-07-13 06:07 PM

Nice poem I think you did a great job and hope to read more
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
3 posted 2000-07-13 06:35 PM

well i cant think of the word i was gonna say but this world is just on big i dont know...if people dont like you for the way you are they are not worth the time...oh well sorry we arent as perfect as everyone else...if people dont like me for who i am...i could honestly care less...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

Jacman
since 2000-06-27
Posts 291
Dwight Il, US
4 posted 2000-07-13 06:50 PM

I really like this poem.  Finally someone who doesn't give a crap about what other people think about them.  I think that you are a really somethin girl.

jason

Kittie
since 2000-07-08
Posts 103

5 posted 2000-07-13 09:22 PM

This is really great, and really hits the spot on how I feel.  Be yourself even if it isn't the popular choice, and I've always tried to write a poem about not fitting in, but... not too much of a success yet.  This is really great, keep up the good work.
Kittie

Ethan Halo
since 2000-04-28
Posts 793
on the roof again
6 posted 2000-07-13 11:25 PM

a truly AMAZING piece of work. i like this a lot.  it's simple and expresses you without going over the top. very wonderful and beautiful. it raises an interesting point. be true to you.
very good work and good vibes.
i am impressed.

"The bar is always open
and the time is always right.
If god's word goes unspoken,
then the music plays all night."

-Bradley Nowell

BabyGirl1
since 2000-07-02
Posts 91
Morris, IL
7 posted 2000-07-13 11:49 PM

This is a wonderful poem.  I have always wondered just how many brand name jeans you have to wear to fit in, or what kind of shoes you have that makes you so popular.  I actually feel sorry for those people that believe that these things are what make you who you are.  Those kind of things get you no where in life.  It's all about individuality.  Great job!

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can fly only by embracing each other."

-Luciano de Crescenzo-

The_Driven
since 2000-07-11
Posts 60

8 posted 2000-07-14 12:25 PM

I feel that this is an excellent poem that teaches one to forget about what others think, and just be themselves. After all, the one opinion that should matter most to you is your own. Well, that's how i feel, anyway. Good poem, and an exellent job doing it!
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
9 posted 2000-07-14 06:10 AM

Excellent poem TearsofPearls ... and a WONDERFUL message!  Your individuality shines through your words.  You will go places and rise to the top in life my dear, great attitude!  

Best wishes,
/Kit

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
10 posted 2000-07-14 06:32 AM

I, like everyone else in here can relate to your feelings here.  These days, I'm not trapped in that little maze anymore...I'm past that point in life, but I do remember being a nothing boy...thank god for being 20!!!  btw...are you a Savage Garden fan or what...they're my fav's of all time.  I'm going to see them in Chicago on Aug. 18.

Jeremy

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
Vereeniging, South-Africa
11 posted 2000-07-14 02:46 PM

Thanks to all of you, one thing I'm sure of, this is one place you don't get judge!

People, alot of them friends, tell me I am weird, and I think I like it..hehe...now is that weird?

To answer your question Jeremy...yeah, I like em, my music taste has changed, but I still like listening to them. You must enjoy their show  

Thanks again to all of your reply's, I don't think I ever got so many.

Waves...amazing hey? Wind blowing over smoothe ocean water creates shear. The longer the wind blows, and the futher the fetch, the more energy gets transferred from the wind to the water. What started off as a breeze 1 000km away, ends up as a glass-faced barrel at some far off beach.

Rayz
since 2000-07-14
Posts 13
Fresno, CA, U.S.A
12 posted 2000-07-14 03:52 PM

This is a awsome poem it really says a lot about how people have become mindless zombies and care more about fitting in then just relaxing and being thereselves. It really is a shame when people need to fallow others just to know what to do. This is aexcelent poem.

Ray

TAP2
since 2000-06-29
Posts 211
Morris, Il USA
13 posted 2000-07-15 10:41 AM

Wonderful poem. It takes alot of guts to be who you are when no one else wants to be who they are (did that make any sense?). Just stay true to yourself.

Thomas A. Plemmons

"I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss The Dance"

-Garth Brooks-

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
14 posted 2007-12-01 11:12 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Nothing girl

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary