navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » i need help with a title!
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic i need help with a title! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jenabou
since 2000-06-13
Posts 215
Oklahoma/Nova Scotia Canada/USA

0 posted 2000-07-12 11:38 AM

i can feel everyone falling away from me
you are leaving when i need you most.
there is no one left to lean on.

when you needed someone i was always first in line
i was always there to led a hand and an ear
i was alwyas there to help you out

Now i am the one who needs assistance
and you  have ran from me
all i wanted was a friend
all i needed was someone to listen

But now you dont care about me
somone better came along
im made to believe you never were my friend
i was jsut there for a good time

Now that you've found her
you dont need me
but now that you've found her
i need you more then ever

my life is falling apart
and your not there to help me put it back together
you always used to be...
i guess im not important anymore

but you still mean the world to me
your still my # 1
and i still need you
now more then ever

~The world is like a mirror; frown at it, and it frowns at you. Smile and it smiles, too.~
**Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder bat

© Copyright 2000 Jenna-Nicole Boutilier - All Rights Reserved
TAP2
since 2000-06-29
Posts 211
Morris, Il USA
1 posted 2000-07-12 12:17 PM

How about "Now More Than Ever"? Beautiful poem. Liked it alot. It hurts when we are cast to the side for another. Chin up, you'll see better days.

Thomas

"I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss The Dance"

-Garth Brooks-

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

2 posted 2000-07-12 12:31 PM

This is such a sad poem. I know what it's like to be left behind by what used to be a "good friend". I'm not very good with titles (as you know if you've read any of my work), but I think that "Now More Than Ever" is a good title. Best of luck in the future.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde
"The robbed that smiles steals something from the thief" -Shakespea

Jenabou
since 2000-06-13
Posts 215
Oklahoma/Nova Scotia Canada/USA
3 posted 2000-07-12 12:39 PM

thank you all.
yeah it does hurt.......a lot
but im strong so ill get thru it

Snickers
since 2000-05-25
Posts 88
East Haddam, CT
4 posted 2000-07-12 02:20 PM

Jenabou,
  This is so beautiful yet so sad. You did write it well though and I can sense exactly how you're feeling.  I'm so sorry you have to feel this way.  I've been in your shoes more than once and I know what it feels like.  I also know that you will feel better eventually.  If you need to talk or just need somebody to listen, don't hesitate to e-mail me at Snickers_2000@webtv.net  Good luck.

~<3 Alwayz~
  **Nikki**

~*~*~*~*"We can complain because roses have thorns, or we can rejoice because thorns have roses." *~*~*~*~

Ethan Halo
since 2000-04-28
Posts 793
on the roof again
5 posted 2000-07-12 07:27 PM

jenabou,
very heartfelt and sorrowful. i know where you are and the thought that got me thru was "if you're already at the bottom of the barrel, the only place left to go is up." so in that light, i certainly hope you've hit rock bottom, 'cause now you can move up.
as for a title, how about "Learning to Stand" or just "standing" or somethin. that's the vibe i got from this work. you're tryin to stand on your own.
good work. thanks for postin. and good luck.

We all got our demons.
We all got somethin' to atone for.

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
6 posted 2000-07-13 06:15 AM

I'm glad to read you feel strong and will get through it Jenabou, it often helps to write those feelings out to help work through it ... you've done that well! I like Thomas' title too "Now More than Ever" ... great suggestion.

Best wishes,
/Kit

Lovely_Kris
since 2000-07-11
Posts 176

7 posted 2000-07-13 05:49 PM

I think you did a great job. I think well written. i also think this also a sad poem because you were there for that person but that person was never there for you. I hope to read more.

Lovely_Kris

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
8 posted 2000-07-13 05:58 PM

damn this is a good poem...i know what you are going through...i was there for a friend at one point...but when i needed her she wasnt there...looks like i was wasting my time...but oh well one day this person will want you there when they need someone the most...just dont let them get the best of you...do be there for them...show them that you care as much as you thought they did...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

amazon_lover
since 2000-04-09
Posts 491
Dublin,Ireland
9 posted 2000-07-13 06:06 PM

nice read..it takes time and take control of yourself when others do leave...

Sincerely
a_L

Phoebee
since 2000-07-09
Posts 42
Peoria, AZ
10 posted 2000-07-13 06:14 PM

It's sad what people do to one another; how can we hurt eachother so badly??  I don't understand it.  You poem is beautiful.

"Everything happens for a reason!"

Jacman
since 2000-06-27
Posts 291
Dwight Il, US
11 posted 2000-07-13 06:45 PM

This is a very sad poem.  You did a wonderful job at bringing that accross.  I have to agree with Ethan on the vibe of this poem.  My title would be "on my own."  That is also a very beautiful song from the musical Les Miserable.  Something else that is sad.  Well on a happy note, I sure hope that you can find your confidant, or that you can find enough strengh in yourself to carry on.

Jason

BabyGirl1
since 2000-07-02
Posts 91
Morris, IL
12 posted 2000-07-13 11:59 PM

This is a very good poem, but also very sad.  I too know what it is like to have your friends turn on you when you need them the most.  My friends were not there for me during the hardest thing I have gone through in life.  But I found strength in myself and my family and thats what got me through.  Best wishes to you and your friend.  I have to agree with Thomas on his title.

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can fly only by embracing each other."

-Luciano de Crescenzo-

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
13 posted 2007-12-01 11:06 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » i need help with a title!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary