navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » I have Learned
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic I have Learned Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Martini
since 2000-07-11
Posts 308
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2000-07-11 01:04 PM

**In this journey called life
trials make us strong
and all our experiences are for learning**

I Have Learned

That loving someone sometimes means having to walk away

That the truth can hurt more than lies

That you can actually care to much about someone else, when you forget to care about yourself

That friends are our pillars of support, but families are still the best kind of reassurance

That just because things don't happen the way we want them to doesn't mean they don't happen they way they are supposed to

That love hurts, but the hurt is necessary to grow

That you can have the best time in the world, partying all night long, or just talking because it all depends on the company you are with

That just because you succeed in school doesn't mean you are going to succeed in life, and vice versa

That true friends are the ones who understand you even when you don't understand yourself

That staying up all night just to see the sunrise is something everyone should experience just once

That people are much more beautiful on the inside then they could ever be on the outside

That knowing what you want is the hardest challenge in life

That you never know who is watching so you should always be aware of what you are doing

That being who you are is more important that being who someone else wants you to be

That no matter how hard today seems there is always tomorrow
< !signature-->

"In three words I can sum up everything I learned about life: It Goes On"
   ~Robert Frost

[This message has been edited by Martini (edited 07-13-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Stephanie McMillan - All Rights Reserved
TAP2
since 2000-06-29
Posts 211
Morris, Il USA
1 posted 2000-07-11 01:19 PM

I'm speechlees...

You've summed up the most important things in life and explained them very well.

Thomas

"I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss The Dance"

-Garth Brooks-

LyricFetish
since 2000-01-13
Posts 528
North Carolina
2 posted 2000-07-11 01:39 PM

This is beautiful, and so true. Wonderful expression of life! I'm impressed.

*~Meredith~*

It's so obvious
That the promise
Keeps me here
Painting pictures where
All the colors
Disappear
*Lit

Martini
since 2000-07-11
Posts 308
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 posted 2000-07-11 01:49 PM

Thomas       Thanks so much..... I just write what I feel...  This one was written after a breakup where I realized after a long time of hurting that everything is about learning.

Meredith     Your kind words are greatly appreciated....  Thanks

[This message has been edited by Martini (edited 07-11-2000).]

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
4 posted 2000-07-12 12:17 PM

once again, i love this poem
i just disagree with one thing though
i believe that love does not hurt
love is suppose to be the best feeling to have
once it starts to hurt, it's actually "grief" that you feel and not "love" anymore.
that's how i look at it

essenceofangels
since 2000-07-12
Posts 36

5 posted 2000-07-12 02:50 PM

What a strong poem!It has alot of truth in it actually the whole thing is true!

"That people are much more beautiful on the inside then they could ever be on the outside"

That was my favorite! cant wait to see more!

Love,
              Essenceofangels

"Look back on time with kindly eyes"
"A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.
I say it just
Begins to live
That day."

Martini
since 2000-07-11
Posts 308
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
6 posted 2000-07-12 03:04 PM

acire, thank you for reading my poem.  I'm glad you liked it.  As for love hurting, in my opinion, like everything love is not always wonderful and it can hurt, it can hurt so much sometimes it feels good.  It can hurt so much being away form the one you love, and it can hurt having to say your good-byes at the ned of a night, evening or whatever, and more than anything it hurts when you are still in love and they aren't.  Love can hurt like a razor blade slicing your heart when your love is not returned, and when it's time to move on from the greatest love you have ever experienced.  I agree with you however, when love is good, it's so good, better than anything else in the world.

Essenceofangles
Thanks for your kind words.  People are so beaustiful when you stop looking externally and learn to look beyond the skin.  What they feel in their hearts and soul is far more beautiful than anything else.  That is also one of my favorite lines.

Ethan Halo
since 2000-04-28
Posts 793
on the roof again
7 posted 2000-07-12 06:49 PM

very well penned thoughts. i agree with your thoughts about love hurting. in the reply you sent out with the description of how love hurts, well... you could make that into a poem! the last line was truly awesome.

the only one part i didn't agree with was:
"That knowing what you want is the hardest challenge in life"

many people do know what they want. love, pain, depression, truth, whatever. i think that many people just don't have a name for their desires.
all in all, a very good take on the ways of the world. i like it a lot. (you forgot to mention the sunscreen...lol)
< !signature-->

We all got our demons.
We all got somethin' to atone for.

[This message has been edited by Ethan_Halo (edited 07-12-2000).]

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
8 posted 2000-07-13 12:51 PM

is this good or what...i really like this...you must have learned alot from the breakup...my favorite line was "the truth can hurt more then lies...i know this feeling to well...i had some problems in the past that are over with now...but that is making me think of what happened...keep up the good work...to bad you didnt submit this...cuz we also can learn alot from what you wrote...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

Martini
since 2000-07-11
Posts 308
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
9 posted 2000-07-13 10:48 AM

Ethan_Halo:

Thanks so much for your thoughts, they are always appreciated!!  I'm glad you nejoyed the poem!!  

Erin:
Thanks so much for reading and enjoying.  

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
10 posted 2007-12-01 11:03 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » I have Learned

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary