navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » The Mask
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Mask Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
TAP2
since 2000-06-29
Posts 211
Morris, Il USA

0 posted 2000-07-09 11:31 AM

She awakes
Puts on her mask
Hiding what lies beneath
Showing forth
To the world
Her fictitious personality

Angelic to
The naked eye
She goes throughout her day
Friends she knows
She cannot trust
Without the mask what would they say

Her pen
Her only outlet
She shares now and then
The thoughts she hides
Behind the mask
That some might consider sin

Bitter words
Of anger and love
She lets the chosen see
But behind the mask
She alwayz hides
Her true personality

--Thomas A. Plemmons

© Copyright 2000 Thomas A. Plemmons - All Rights Reserved
Chel
since 2000-07-01
Posts 511
Baltimore, MD, USA
1 posted 2000-07-09 01:38 PM

Thomas, I really enjoyed this poem.  It reminded me of a friend that does that.  I wish she would just have some confidence, but maybe as time goes by.  Keep up the good work.

Chel

"True friends stab you in the front"
"Always do your best, you will always succeed"

buttercup411
since 2000-07-03
Posts 41
miami, fl, u.s
2 posted 2000-07-09 01:58 PM

that's a nice poem....i had a time in my fist year of highschool where i never was myself and that poem reminded me of that...i still do that at times..
TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
Vereeniging, South-Africa
3 posted 2000-07-09 04:18 PM

I have been thinking, just a ew days ago, to write something similar, to perhaps make some people see what they can't, but I decided not to, cause that would expose me too much.

It was the same when my parents first found out about my writing poems, suddenly, where it once was so personal, everybody knows, and I don' like that...but any way...

This is a great poem, keep up the good stuff

Waves...amazing hey? Wind blowing over smoothe ocean water creates shear. The longer the wind blows, and the futher the fetch, the more energy gets transferred from the wind to the water. What started off as a breeze 1 000km away, ends up as a glass-faced barrel at some far off beach.

Jacman
since 2000-06-27
Posts 291
Dwight Il, US
4 posted 2000-07-09 04:21 PM

Way to go Tommy Boy, you got my vote again.
jason

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
5 posted 2000-07-09 05:31 PM

this is a good poem...but we all have a mask that covers up the real us...i know that i do...and i know alot of people that do to...its just something that we go through in life...keep up the good work...you have my vote...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

6 posted 2000-07-09 06:00 PM

This is a wonderful piece. We all have a mask that we hide behind... very few people will find the courage to take it off and show people who they really are. I hope you are one of these people.  

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde
"The robbed that smiles steals something from the thief" -Shakespea

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
7 posted 2000-07-09 06:49 PM

Oh Thomas, we all hide behind a mask of safety. It is the only way to ensure that people won't think bad of us. I suppose we all are guilty of this, that's just how it is, but I don't think that hiding all the time is such an ok thing. It should be something used cautiously, hopefully whomever this poem is about will learn what it is to show people the real you, bad thoughts or not.   keep it up, once again you have my vote   Love Always~*~Jessica~*~

~*~My fire is dead,it knew no pain; yet it is dead and I remain: All stiff with ice ashes lie;and they are dead, and I will die~*~

Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
8 posted 2000-07-09 11:35 PM

now this is my fav so far. i enjoyed this one alot and hope you keep them coming like this one. wonderful wonderful

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
9 posted 2000-07-10 01:45 AM

Well, that certain someone in this forum kinda got the message, but not entirely I guess...she dies her hair blonde, I guess that explains it.  Well, I feel like crap right now, so I'll just end my little note thingy now...later.

Jeremy

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
10 posted 2000-07-10 03:06 PM

Ok. so I feel pretty stupid right now!!!      oh dear, guess I didn't really think that much about it. I'm really sorry Thomas! I'm really touched though about the whole thing! I feel special now! oh yeah and tell Jeremy to shut up! Just cuz I'm blonde doesn't mean I'm stupid--It's just my excuse for being dumb and not getting things sometimes! thanks guys I love you!! I don't know what I would do with out you! Love Always~*~Jessica~*~ aka:Pryncess Jess!!

~*~My fire is dead,it knew no pain; yet it is dead and I remain: All stiff with ice ashes lie;and they are dead, and I will die~*~

Ethan Halo
since 2000-04-28
Posts 793
on the roof again
11 posted 2000-07-10 03:16 PM

i just wrote a poem with the same title. i guess i'll have to wait a while to post.
very well penned. i liked these parts.
--------------
Friends she knows
She cannot trust
Without the mask what would they say
---
The thoughts she hides
Behind the mask
That some might consider sin
--------------
again, well done. it conveys its message very well.

We all got our demons.
We all got somethin' to atone for.

FlipAngel
since 2000-04-11
Posts 46
Prior Lake, MN, USA
12 posted 2000-07-10 10:29 PM

Excellent work, I have certainly developed into quite a fan of your work!  "The Mask" reminds me of the little girl inside myself, too.  

~*Yesterday is gone, let go of the past; tommorrow will bring new hope to grasp*~

Linzi
since 2000-07-08
Posts 35
Pennsylvania, USA
13 posted 2000-07-11 01:48 PM

Wow, I can definitely see myself in this poem!  It's wonderfully written and expressed, and I understand it fully!

~*~Linzi~*~

"Ignore reality; there's nothing you can do about it" ~ Natalie Imbruglia

BabyGirl1
since 2000-07-02
Posts 91
Morris, IL
14 posted 2000-07-11 05:16 PM

This is a beautiful poem.  Everyone has a mask that they hide behind at some time or another.  Keep up the good work!

Love always
BabyGirl1

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can fly only by embracing each other."

-Luciano de Crescenzo-

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
15 posted 2007-12-01 10:56 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » The Mask

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary