navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » My World
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic My World Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

0 posted 2000-07-07 07:41 PM

My World

A world of fake smiles
Cruel glances
Cheap laugher
It’s staged
Not real
Many of them don’t care
How you feel
They act like your friends
But they’re not
Some will turn their backs on you
Just cause you’re not hot
If you look good
Your in
But it takes a lot
If you’re not thin
The worse you look
The more it takes
The nicer you are
The more your heart breaks
You’ve gotta be tough
You have to be able to wait
Sometimes it even makes it worse
If you have a date
They think too much of themselves
Think that they are the best
They don’t care how you feel
You’re no better than the rest
I ask myself why
Anyone would want so much to be accepted into that group
Why anyone would to be included
In that fake giant hoop
Of egotistical people
That usually don’t care about you
But I’ve realized
Some people want to belong too

Hi everyone!!  This is away from my usual topic.  I wrote this in a couple minutes, so don't be surprised if it's not too good.  Yes, I realize it's long, a whole lot longer than usual for me.  I wrote this about my social group, the "in group."  Now that I'm in this group, I can't understand why people would try so hard to get in.  I know that a lot of people in the "in group" are really great people, like most of my friends.  But, there are still those cruel ones, that sometimes overpower the other ones.  Well, that's about it for now.  Thanks for reading!
Bel

© Copyright 2000 Isabel Galaxia - All Rights Reserved
Chel
since 2000-07-01
Posts 511
Baltimore, MD, USA
1 posted 2000-07-07 08:02 PM

Hello Bel, I liked this poem very much.  I didn't know why you had to explain yourself.  I think it was well written.  Well I guess people have a reason for everything.  Just keep up the good work.

Chel  

"True friends stab you in the front"
"Always do your best, you will always succeed"

qtpieelmo
since 2000-07-04
Posts 989
Sesame Street :) hee hee ,NY
2 posted 2000-07-07 08:07 PM

hi great poem i can totally relate i never had any prejudices when choosing friends & i got made fun of because of those who i talked to that weren't "cool" they always said i could do better when choosing boyfriends maybe i didnt want to do better maybe i perferred nice guys rather then beautiful stuck up & coinceited ones i dunno anyway luved the poem sowwie about the rambling   LOVE ELMO!!! <3
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
3 posted 2000-07-07 08:09 PM

bel this is a really good poem...i understand what you are saying...the only reason we join those cliques is because we want to feel like we have friends...i know i had my only little group in H.S. but everybody does...you know what im saying...but its not like those are the only friends we can have...we just dont trust them the way you trust your own group of friends...there was this girl at school who thought she was like a walking barbie doll...but really she was just a fake...and its girls like that who i dont like...as long as your not like that its all good...keep up the good work...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

TAP2
since 2000-06-29
Posts 211
Morris, Il USA
4 posted 2000-07-08 01:03 AM

Seaking out loud to each of us who have been on the outside looking in. Great poem.

Thomas

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
5 posted 2000-07-08 12:15 PM

You've expressed yourself well in the Bel!  From someone who's walked on both sides of the fence ... "the grass is always greener on the other side" (till you get there that is)    Great writing, and nice to see a glimpse from the inside looking out. Well done!

Best wishes,
/Kit

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
6 posted 2007-12-01 10:43 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » My World

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary