navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Walking Away
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Walking Away Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
April Resi
since 1999-10-18
Posts 119
Alabama

0 posted 2000-07-04 01:17 AM

I can't stand it.
Why am I so stubborn?
I can't stand that I hurt you so badly
I can't even look you in the eyes, even though I know you forgave me even as I tore your heart out.
You forgive me even now as I tear it out again.
But I can't be weak even though I know that's all I am.
Such shame and cowardice.
I didn't want to face it, and now I won't have to.

Everyone saw me do it.
I saw tears in my bestfriend's eyes as she saw me throw away my life with you.
I saw your face as I left,
the horror in your eyes as our lives separated forever.
I saw everyone there pleading, praying, crying for me to think.

I've thought to much
that's why I'm here.
I don't want to hurt anymore, and I don't want to hurt you.
So I'm walking away.
I see you reach for me and call my name but it's too late.
I'm walking away.
I'm walking away from love, and truth,
and life.

© Copyright 2000 April - All Rights Reserved
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
1 posted 2000-07-04 06:32 AM

This is a powerful verse April! It sounds as if something deep within told you it was right to walk away from this relationship, and sometimes others cannot understand the reasons why ... sometimes its difficult even to explain to "ourselves".  This was a beautifully written poem ... keep focussed on "your" dreams, and make them happen. This was a wonderful poem!    

Best wishes,
/Kit

Snickers
since 2000-05-25
Posts 88
East Haddam, CT
2 posted 2000-07-04 10:01 AM

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful!!!  I really luv this piece.  Sometimes walking away iz the best thing to do in a situation, although if u walk away from life it will only chase u.  I wish u the best of luck in u'r future.

~<3 Alwayz~
  **Nikki**

~*~*~*~*"We can complain because roses have thorns, or we can rejoice because thorns have roses." *~*~*~*~

Jose Marti
since 2000-07-01
Posts 374
washing DC
3 posted 2000-07-04 01:00 PM

more power to ya sister. I loved the poem. I'm glad that you showed decicivness inthe  end. So now the healing prosses can begin
Jose Marti
since 2000-07-01
Posts 374
washing DC
4 posted 2000-07-04 01:01 PM

more power to ya sister. I loved the poem. I'm glad that you showed decicivness inthe  end. So now the healing prosses can begin
LyricFetish
since 2000-01-13
Posts 528
North Carolina
5 posted 2000-07-04 01:03 PM

Personally, I like 'dark' poems, so I really enjoyed your's. You did a beautiful job of expressing yourself. Wonderful work, babe!

*~Meredith~*

It's another world
But it's something more than ordinary
Such a lovely day
And it's nothing more than ordinary living
That you're living
- Lit

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
6 posted 2000-07-04 06:22 PM

if it was really meant to be he will come back to you...this is a really good poem...its good to walk away at some point...but then again its not...good luck in your situation...its just another consequence or rule that we have to follow...getting brokenhearted or breaking some hearts just to find that one special person that we want to spend the rest of our lives with...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
7 posted 2000-07-05 03:51 AM

Wow...here's a theme we see everyday!!!  Actually, reading this almost has me in tears because there's still a girl out there that I wish for the rest of my life would say something like this to me...to even show that she's sorry about what she did to me.  The complication of your feelings mixed with the desparation of how sorry you feel, and them added with the assertiveness of what you must do really makes this one to read.

Jeremy

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
8 posted 2000-07-05 03:51 AM

Wow...here's a theme we see everyday!!!  Actually, reading this almost has me in tears because there's still a girl out there that I wish for the rest of my life would say something like this to me...to even show that she's sorry about what she did to me.  The complication of your feelings mixed with the desparation of how sorry you feel, and them added with the assertiveness of what you must do really makes this one to read.

Jeremy

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
9 posted 2000-07-05 04:40 PM

i have not read any of your other work but from reading this i plan to this is very good and i enjoyed it alot so do keep it up.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

Chel
since 2000-07-01
Posts 511
Baltimore, MD, USA
10 posted 2000-07-05 08:11 PM

Hey there, I enjoyed this piece very much and I hope that everything gets better.  All I can say is that I know the feeling.  Good Luck to ya.

Chel

"True friends stab you in the front"

April Resi
since 1999-10-18
Posts 119
Alabama
11 posted 2000-07-05 11:34 PM

First of all, thank you so very much for all the wonderful replies and all the support.

This poem was based on a few different events and a lot of different choices I have had to make throughout my life and the difficult times I've fought through. I don't know where all the words came from, but they just kept coming and I was in tears as I wrote it. I've found that the hardest thing to do in life is to just walk away and let something go, even if you feel that it is the best thing to do in the long run.

Once again, thank you so very much for all your kind replies! And thank you for the understanding.

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
12 posted 2007-12-01 10:25 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Walking Away

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary