navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » No clue what to title this.....any suggestions would be appreciated!
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic No clue what to title this.....any suggestions would be appreciated! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
CareBear3
since 2000-11-20
Posts 39
New Hampshire

0 posted 2001-01-07 06:25 PM

Untitled for now....if anyone has an idea let me know! thanks.

‘I love you’ she said
i love you more than you will ever know

it was raining as she stood in the road
watching the rain soak into the ground
into her jacket.
screaming to him lying on the road
she grasped his hand allowing the warmth of her to pass into him

she rose to her feet
the sirens blaring
the rain increasing
the voices of people all around.

but as she looked down at her love
she knew that staying would do no good
he was not to come back

all the sound quieted
and all that could be heard was the beat of her heart
crying within her chest

she turned
glanced backwards
and then walked endlessly forward
her vision blurred by tears

"In great moments life seems neither right nor wrong but something greater it seems inevitable"

~Kelley

© Copyright 2001 Kelley - All Rights Reserved
Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
1 posted 2001-01-07 06:47 PM

wow...  I can't comment, I am at a loss for words...  I will be back later to comment...  wow...

Melz!!

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

Miracle
since 2001-01-07
Posts 22

2 posted 2001-01-07 06:50 PM

This poem is so beautiful it almost made me cry. As of what to title it I have a few ideas altough i think that a poem such as this should have a wonderous title and so I know my titles would not really do. Look in your heart i'm sure you'll find something wonderful.
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2001-01-07 08:40 PM

Nice one here. I like the mental image I got from the blur of tears at the end. Great job on this one.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

4 posted 2001-01-08 11:48 AM

This is sad.  What a terible tragedy, but what a great poem.   This is penned beautifully.  A tittle?  (((???)))  All I can do is think of all those generic ones... sry.  Thanks for sharing this.
Jason

"Every body has their destiny...
I'LL CHOOSE MY OWN
~Hatebreed~

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
5 posted 2001-01-09 12:30 PM

This was writen so well, the images were all clear in my mind, nice job!  I really like the way this story is told, is it true?

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » No clue what to title this.....any suggestions would be appreciated!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary