navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » The Unloved... i want to put PLEASE READ, but a moderator wrote about it :) he he he
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Unloved... i want to put PLEASE READ, but a moderator wrote about it :) he he he Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone

0 posted 2001-01-05 03:28 PM

Love is unequivocally the architect of one’s sorrow and  misery
The reason for a never ending constant flow of suffering
Resolve, to this a continuous stabbing of undeniable depression
Reality’s version of veniality and damnation
The spell that casts a curse to carry the fires of hell
Even just a glimpse is actually earning you the right to grieve
Hard to believe, but hypocrisy is indeed what it seems to be
So, tell me this with truthfulness
Am I not to claim even an ounce of happiness?
Do believe when I say that I actually try
Either I’m  foolish enough to believe in such change,
Or that it’s just my plain stupidity that drives me to
I too try to dispute it with my own claims of innocence...
That in an attempt to cheat or hustle life’s cruel intentions
Though it seems like time’s hands are already most certain
A conclusion that such an assertion is that of no merit at all
So, how am I to justify this, my excuse for an existence?
Or is it that I’m in destiny’s list for the process of extinction ?
For I am the unwanted,
The unworthy,
And most certainly
The unloved....

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

© Copyright 2001 acire - All Rights Reserved
Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
1 posted 2001-01-05 03:34 PM

Amazing.  You have a true talent.
I like how you intellectualized your existence this way.  Difficult to comment upon this poem, it is.  I can empathize with your feelings of worthlessness... the unwanted, the unloved... i often feel the same way.  But if it produces such a poetic skill in you, then maybe you should be appreciative of poor fortune.  ^_^

peanogrl83
since 1999-12-04
Posts 202

2 posted 2001-01-05 05:07 PM

Nice job on this one! As I said in the email...this was spectacular! Very complex and very deep, but simplistically so. Kudos!

Vreni

Author Unknown
since 2001-01-05
Posts 57
Linn MO USA
3 posted 2001-01-05 05:13 PM

intense, absolutely awesome enjoyed it..;o)

*dont let life bring you down, dig thru the ditches and deck it in the face and reclaim your place*----Kyle Finn.....2001

LoveAll
since 2000-05-24
Posts 148
B'dale, USA
4 posted 2001-01-05 05:49 PM

This is really amazing..and like someone said, intellectual.  You have a true talent.  Just remember that you are never unloved because of God,He loves us more than we could ever know!
God Bless and Keep Smiling  

LoveAll
since 2000-05-24
Posts 148
B'dale, USA
5 posted 2001-01-05 05:49 PM

This is really amazing..and like someone said, intellectual.  You have a true talent.  Just remember that you are never unloved because of God,He loves us more than we could ever know!
God Bless and Keep Smiling  

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; run and not grow weary, walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:3

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
6 posted 2001-01-05 06:31 PM

I have to agree with the others, this is a strongly worded poem and it's very good.  You don't have to put please read, people will read good writing like this.  

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
7 posted 2001-01-05 06:34 PM

Bravo Acire! Beautifully pondered, I really enjoyed the flow, and the way you penned so many of the endless questions we all struggle with over time ... really well done!  (and by the way ... you are much loved by this poetic family) ...  

Best wishes,
/Kit

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
8 posted 2001-01-05 09:47 PM

Acire, this is without a doubt a wonderful poem of yours. A true emotional piece. I loved it. However, I am going to have to highly disagree with the first line.  
"Love is unequivocally the architect of one’s sorrow and misery"

See in the last line you said that you were most certainly the unloved. This contradicts your claim that LOVE is the cause of one's sorrow and misery because you're implying that the fact you are unloved is what makes you miserable and sorrowful, not love itself. I can agree that maybe with the coming of love, certain opposite reactions could occur to make love diminish within itself causing a blackhole emotion, or a sparked moment of lacking love.
I disagree with the thought that LOVE causes pain because love, in pure form, is 100% good. There is not one ounce of sorrow in LOVE.
So where does the sorrow and misery lie? It lies within the emotion of LACKING LOVE, or UNREQUITED LOVE, or being SEPERATED from LOVE. Thus, yea, and therefore uh huh.

I hope you take my opinions into consideration.....if it were me writing i'd add the word UNREQUITED before the word love because love, simply, is not bad at all.

*bows and walks out of the building*

< !signature-->

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

[This message has been edited by Dopey_Dope (edited 01-05-2001).]

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
9 posted 2001-01-06 12:14 PM

Dopes --- you have a very good point there, but i think you misunderstood the poem a bit.  At least in my own point of view.  But when you brought it up, i noticed that there is another way of reading the poem.  You opened my eyes to it, so i do agree with your explanation too.  But hear my side of it

"Hard to believe, but hypocrisy is indeed what it seems to be"

That line in the poem, I'm actually talking about me as a person being hypocritical with my definitions on love.  I'm not using it as another definition for love.  Do you see what I mean?  And from that point on in the poem, I've turned it 180 degrees to me saying that I actually still want to be.  That it actually causes more happiness than sorrow.  That's why I say that I still try and say that I'm still looking for happiness which in turn, based on my hypocrisy, is actually what I base love as.  Do you understand now.  I hope I've shed some light to the subject matter

*Drags Dopey back into the building*  

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
10 posted 2001-01-06 03:06 AM

This is a great poem, you have expressed well and I enjoyed reading this one throughly!!  Good Work!!

Melz!!

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
11 posted 2001-01-06 02:04 PM

thanks everyone for reading and saying you like my poem    i appreciate it a lot.  it means a lot to me knowing that people like my writing    again thanks

Pixie-Babe03
since 2000-08-29
Posts 387
Central Maine
12 posted 2001-01-06 08:17 PM

wow... wow... yeah *L* this is a truely amazing and beautiful poem  nuff said!!   i hope to see more soon!!!
~*Justine*~

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
13 posted 2001-01-06 10:37 PM

ACIRE!!!! YOU DA BOMBIEST!!!!!!

~Carly

inspiration of my art search for light out of the dark all the pictures in my heart lie awake there in my fog...

jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
14 posted 2001-01-07 03:34 PM

nice job acire
your words inspire me to write because of their imprint in my head...
beautiful writing my friend
best wishes

~JDR

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." -Oscar Wilde

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
15 posted 2001-01-07 06:57 PM

Thanks all....you are all so kind

you are the reason I love sharing in Passions  

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
16 posted 2001-01-07 10:32 PM

is this the continuation??

--oh..and were u there Sat? Cause i looked for a guy in a yellow jacket but i was runnin around backstage and couldnt see...u werent tho were u?

¤Sometimes the hardest thing to get over, is something you never really had¤

Poet on Acid
since 2001-01-07
Posts 325
Florida, USA
17 posted 2001-01-08 03:04 PM

nice touch. I don't believe anyone could say that they know what it's like to be a teenager unless they know what pain is. You do good work and you are right, love is a good feeling but the end result is pain, life always ends in death. Anyways enough of that. Keep on writing!!
sweetstuff101
since 2000-07-27
Posts 375
OK, USA
18 posted 2001-01-08 04:20 PM

Wow....that was great!! You are an excellent poet, and don't ever think otherwise!!! You are awesome!! Great job on this one, keep it up!!

Luv Always,  
  Priscilla

How come it is so easy for a person to say "I hate you" and mean it, but it is so difficult for someone to say "I love you" and really mean it????

Greeneyes617
since 2000-11-22
Posts 329
Arkansas
19 posted 2001-01-08 05:16 PM

Totally AWESOME! Good job.
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
20 posted 2001-01-08 07:04 PM

DQ --- hey sweets, no this is not the comtinuation, it'll come soon  

All ---  thanks for all the wonderful replies

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
21 posted 2001-09-08 07:31 AM

Wowsers, Acire. Even though you hardly share anymore, you have this talent that is truly outstanding. You have blown me away with this piece. Many questions and important emotions/experiences are raised. You are not unloved, silly. There will be someone for you eventually.  

Great piece. So good it's going to the library. It certainly earnt a place in there.

~AF~

"Kelly's my Hero!" "No, Kelly's your heroine." "Kelly has heroin??" "What?"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » The Unloved... i want to put PLEASE READ, but a moderator wrote about it :) he he he

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary