navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Together At Least
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Together At Least Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Will DeVore
since 2001-01-01
Posts 12
Weddington, NC, USA

0 posted 2001-01-01 09:51 PM

Back together on the road again
Well, not really
More like
"On the pavement walking path again"
But that doesn't really work
At least not when it comes to the cliché

But that's not the point here
The point is, my group is together again
We're the strangest ones in school
And we like it that way!
It feels great to be labeled as 'insane'
Especially when you scare people by being 'different'

You get some interesting reactions then
People say, "Who are they?"
And, "What do they think they're doing?"
And other fun such phrases
Yes, we do some interesting
And sometimes-childish things
Around campus

We normally ignore the people who think we're stupid
They don't know us at all
They just think they can tell because of outer appearances
Well, they can all just shove it
We couldn't care less about those people

We're a group
We're a family
We stick together
They can't dent us

Not
In
The
Least

~Will D.
~8/22/00

© Copyright 2001 Will DeVore - All Rights Reserved
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

1 posted 2001-01-01 10:07 PM

Welcome to Passions!

There is always strength in numbers, and nothing is as bad as it should be if you have friends backing you up. I'm sure that you will find great friends here at Passions, and I'm glad that you've chosen to share your talents with us.

PS-Check your e-mail

"Where there is great love there are always miracles" -Cather
"Love heals everything, and love is all there is"- Zukav

Will DeVore
since 2001-01-01
Posts 12
Weddington, NC, USA
2 posted 2001-01-01 10:14 PM

Thank you, LoveBug.  It's great to be here, I must say.  Since my last poetry board went down, I've been at a loss for what to do and have not been terribly inspired.  As you can see from the date on this poem, it is fairly old.  In fact, a remnant from the board I used to be on.  A fitting poem for my thoughts as of right now, however.

Again, thanks.  I definately am glad to be here at a place where I can share my poetic thoughts.  Thank you and the entire Netpoets crew for making this possible.

*hugs*

You can look forward to frequent posting from me.

jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
3 posted 2001-01-01 10:35 PM

WELCOME TO PASSIONS

your first post was very defiant
it reminded me of m junior high years as an "odd" kid!
in the end we all need to stick together and not let anyone tell us to break apart

~JDR

"A writer doesn't acquire a vacancy of mind, but rather a inadequacy of words." - Jeremy D. Raulinaitis

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2001-01-01 11:34 PM

Welcome to passions....nice post. I liked it a lot. Showed a lot of internal power within you. Stay tru.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

mikeykrazy
since 2000-12-20
Posts 37
U.S.A
5 posted 2001-01-02 12:48 PM

wow that was grate i loved it.  i know just what you r writing about being the "wired group" and "scaring people" by being different that is the storie of my life even in my real family. well welcome to passions your going to love it here another family really
Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
6 posted 2001-01-02 01:04 AM

Awesome first post! Welcome to Passions! I know how you feel; I've had people be like that towards me, too. You'll definetly be accepted here, no matter what!!

~*Skyfire

"I am Canadian" - Joe
If you set limitations upon yourself, it's no wonder you fall short of your dreams - Rhonda J. Adolph

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
7 posted 2001-01-02 12:23 PM

welcome to passions first of all.
second of all. that poem was awesome. it showed your confidance and lots more. Its good to have a family even if its a bunch of friends. keep 'em coming.
Regina
aka Ina

those who love us,will always love us.those who hate us,may g-d turn their hearts,if he cant may he turn their ankles so we can see them by their limp

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
8 posted 2001-01-02 02:34 PM

Welcome to Passions
I hope you enjoy it here.  Your first post was really good, I like the tone you use in it.  Post some more for us soon

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
9 posted 2001-01-02 07:03 PM

You know, I know of which you speak all too well.   I believe I knew a group like one you speak of.... well, I guess they were my bestest friends for a while. Judging people is wrong, and stereotypical. I think everyone at one time or another lives on both sides of the judging... good luck, and be true to your heart.
xoxo
Jenn

"A person can never get over a broken heart if they aren't willing to let go of all of the pieces."-- ??

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
10 posted 2001-01-02 07:11 PM

Yesss! Odd! Odd is good. This was a superb piece, I liked it muchos. Can't wait for more!!

~Carly

inspiration of my art search for light out of the dark all the pictures in my heart lie awake there in my fog...

DreamerGrl27
since 2000-10-29
Posts 142

11 posted 2001-01-02 09:00 PM

Welcome to Passions!!!! I hope you love it here like the rest of us! This poem was really good...I liked it a lot. I know how you feel about certain people looking at others as different or strange, but to me everyone is unique and there is no such thing as normal. I think its really good that you dont care about what they think or say, because you shouldnt. No one knows who you are just by looking at you. Great job!
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
12 posted 2001-01-03 05:30 PM

WELCOME TO PASSIONS!!!!!

This was an excellent first post! Im shur that you'll love it here just as much as the rest of us do. I cant wait to see more from you, your definately very talented and im shur that your poems will make an excellent addition here at passions. Great job and welcome!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Together At Least

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary