navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » A Special Friend
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Special Friend Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Misty
since 1999-08-01
Posts 121
USA

0 posted 2000-07-02 11:28 PM

You've been such a special friend,
It's so hard to think it's gonna end.

You were always there to laugh with,
And always there to cry with.
When there was despair,
You always cared.

When I was full of grief,
You brought me relief.
When I strayed,
I know your prayed.

When I didn't know where I belonged,
You kept me strong.
You were there to stop my tears,
And to share my fears.

You were such a hard friend to find,
You are truly one of a kind.

I knew you less then a year,
But that's time I hold so dear.
So when I think of having to part,
it tares away at my heart.

I just want you to know,
It's going to be hard to go.
Our friendship, yet,
I'll never forget.

Although we knew each other for a short while,
The memories will always bring a happy smile.

©Misty
For more Poems bye Misty GO TO:
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Arc/1644

"You died a failure because you never tried!"

© Copyright 2000 Misty - All Rights Reserved
Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
1 posted 2000-07-03 01:05 AM

i understand how you feel here i would feel the same if my best friend left me i would be so lost and that would really suck. enjoyed the read keep it up. and i voted for it.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
2 posted 2000-07-03 05:33 AM

Quite a simple poem...but I think it was meant to be that way.  I really appreciate how you pinpointed to true aspects of friendship that this person gave to you.  I hope they've read it.

Jeremy

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
3 posted 2000-07-03 06:55 AM

This is a lovely poem Misty, and a wonderful tribute to your friendship!  It's amazing how close we can become in such a short time. I do hope you were able to share this poem with your friend ... beautiful emotions you've expressed!

Best wishes,
/Kit

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
4 posted 2000-07-03 08:08 PM

This is a true and special entailment of a "one-of-a-kind friendship" I know the love you share for your friend, However, my best friend and I stil have a few years together. But I can say that parting with someone very very dear to your heart is very difficult. I lost a best friend of mine to a drunken driver. We grew up together and when I heard the news I think I cried for at least a week. This is a little different, yes I know, but just keep in mind to always keep in touch with your friend because you never know what will happen. Best of luck to you and your friend! Love Always~*~JeSsiCa~*~

~*~Love is the product of our dicontentment with ourselves~*~
~*~SMILE! It makes your butt shine!~*~

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
5 posted 2000-07-04 05:31 PM

well i think that you should give this friendship a better push...if you really want to stay friends with this person...or else give it time apart from each other...thats what happened with me and my best friend...then it took us about a month to be back to normal just saying hello to each other...a couple months later were back to the way we used to be...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

Misty
since 1999-08-01
Posts 121
USA
6 posted 2000-07-06 12:57 PM

Thank you all who replied, and those who voted! Thank you so much, you give me some hope!  

©Misty

Chel
since 2000-07-01
Posts 511
Baltimore, MD, USA
7 posted 2000-07-06 09:10 AM

Misty, I know how you feel.  Just keep your head up it will be alright.  This poem was very well written.  Keep up the good work.

Chel

"True friends stab you in the front"

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
8 posted 2000-07-06 10:23 AM

True friendship never ends no matter what.  Whatever obstacles your friendship goes thru only strengthens it.  
cutie2005
since 2000-04-30
Posts 148
Bennett, Colorado USA
9 posted 2000-07-06 10:33 AM

This is a great poem misty. It shows that you really did appreciate the friendship that you had with that person. Why do you or the other person have to leave? Anyway it was great keep writing!
Love,
cutie

Misty
since 1999-08-01
Posts 121
USA
10 posted 2000-07-07 08:35 PM

Thanks once again for replying, it means so much to me. I actually didn't write this for myself, I wrote it for a girl Kayla who asked me to write her a poem for her friend, she is moving away, and so I tried the first one was a failure, but then I decided to think of a friend I had that moved away, and it just flowed right out. Thanks again!

©Misty

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
11 posted 2007-12-01 10:40 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » A Special Friend

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary