navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » I Just Wanted to Say Goodbye (for my Grandmother)
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic I Just Wanted to Say Goodbye (for my Grandmother) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tamma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-01-17
Posts 794
In His Arms, Harpers Ferry, WV

0 posted 2000-12-30 08:46 AM

I cried last night
   I knew it was coming
But I didn’t expect it
   To come so soon
And now I’m left
   A broken hearted
Teenager
   Justin, now is when
I need you the most
   I need to cry on you
I need to talk to you
   I so wanted you two
To meet
   I love her so much,
But now she’s gone,
   And I didn’t get to
Tell her I love her.
   She just died yesterday
It didn’t come as a
   Surprise, but it still
Tore my heart in two.
   Grandma, I know that
You can hear every word
    That I say…
And I only have one thing left,
    I love you and I’ll miss you!!!

< !signature-->

www.angelfire.com/wv2/poetrycorner
I'm just a girl looking at a guy asking him to love me  

[This message has been edited by Tamma (edited 12-30-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Tamma M. Wilson - All Rights Reserved
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
1 posted 2000-12-30 11:50 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss Tamma. This is a lovely tribute expressing your love for your grandmother ... you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers ...

Best wishes,
/Kit

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2000-12-30 12:14 PM

Sorry for the loss.....hope all works out ok.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

sweetstuff101
since 2000-07-27
Posts 375
OK, USA
3 posted 2000-12-30 01:42 PM

I'm sorry for what was happened to you, losing someone you care about is always hard. But your peom was excellent, keep writing!!

Much Luv,  
   Priscilla

~*~GoOd fRiEnDz ArE hArD 2 FiNd, HaRdEr 2 LeAvE, & iMpOsSiBlE 2 fOrGeT~*~tHe HaRdEsT tHiNg tO Do iS wAtCh tHe 1 U LuV, lUv sUm1 eLsE~*~

DreamerGrl27
since 2000-10-29
Posts 142

4 posted 2000-12-30 03:12 PM

I'm very sorry about your Grandmother, and I think this is a nice tribute to her. And I'm sure she can hear you and she knows that you love her.
jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
5 posted 2000-12-30 03:14 PM

im faced with the similiar situation, my g-grandma is very old and might die soon, I hope you can pull through okay! Nice poem too!

~JDR

"A writer doesn't acquire a vacancy of mind, but rather a inadequacy of words." - Jeremy D. Raulinaitis

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
6 posted 2000-12-30 05:46 PM

Your poem is good and I hope you're dealing with your loss well.

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
7 posted 2000-12-30 07:38 PM

Tamma, every loss hurts, and it seems like you're handling this as well as can be expected. Don't forget your family. They're sharing this pain, and they're there for you to lean on if you need to. Don't give up!

~*Skyfire

*~Always Canadian*~
~*~I used to be an idiot, but I'm all right now~*~

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
8 posted 2000-12-30 09:14 PM

im sorry about your Grandmother. i hope all is well.
Regina

those who love us,will always love us.those who hate us,may g-d turn their hearts,if he cant may he turn their ankles so we can see them by their limp

branden726
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI
9 posted 2000-12-30 09:57 PM

Tears are wonderful except when there coming from you eyes because of a lost and well tears are coming to mine im so sorry you lost her but she'll always be in your heart and dont forget that ever. good poem

"i just love when you bring your whole crew because its just a bigger piece of cake for me to chew threw"

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
10 posted 2000-12-31 12:33 PM

This was a very nice tribute to your grandmother..i am extremely sorry to hear about your loss though. It just shows how precious every second you spend with someone is because you never know if that is the last time you'll see them so never take n e 1 for granted..once again i am very sorry.
Tamma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-01-17
Posts 794
In His Arms, Harpers Ferry, WV
11 posted 2000-12-31 02:28 PM

Thanks for the support, ya'll!!! it means alot to me...I might not be here much in the upcoming days...so thanks again  

~*~ Tamma Loves Justin ~*~

www.angelfire.com/wv2/poetrycorner
I'm just a girl looking at a guy asking him to love me

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
12 posted 2001-01-01 02:33 AM

Grandma's aren't they great...  I too dread the day that i lose my gran, she is soo mucha part of my life that I will be lost without her...  When she dies, I know that a part of me is going to die along with her, and I know that it is going to be hard...
THis is a wonderful tribute to a wonderful person...  Keep her memories close to your heart and she will live on in you!!

Melz!!

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

~sugarpie313~
since 2000-09-14
Posts 375
Maine, USA
13 posted 2001-01-01 07:23 PM

Your poem was very good. I too am in the same boat, my aunt recently died from cancer. i never got to tell her that i loved her. If u ever need to talk, or anyone else for that matter, i will listen  

~*valerie*~

*...Remember your roots, my friend they're right down below, because heroes come and heroes go...* - Creed

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » I Just Wanted to Say Goodbye (for my Grandmother)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary