navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » I just wish I knew (please read)
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic I just wish I knew (please read) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California

0 posted 2000-12-27 10:20 PM

I wish I knew how to be a good friend,
Because if I don't find out soon some of my friendships might just end.

I try to be there with them through the good times and the bad,
Because when they call me crying it ends up making me sad.

Why is it so hard for most of my friends to see,
That my whole life all my good friends have ended up leaving me.

All I can tell them is that I really do care,
And that if I were to lose them the pain I wont be able to bare.

I wish they understood that I can't take back mistakes I've made in the past,
And that I'll do whatever it takes to make the friendship last.

A life lived without friends is a life full of sorrow,
That is why I'm scared of who I might lose tomorrow.

There is nothing more I know that I could possably
do,
I just wish I knew!

Lauren

This poem is dedicated to all the friends I've hurt because I don't know how to be a good friend. It's hard for me though considering my whole life whenever I've gotten close to someone they end up leaving me in some way.

[This message has been edited by TopGunLauren (edited 12-28-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 TopGunLauren - All Rights Reserved
Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

1 posted 2000-12-27 10:27 PM

This is so sad...I really don't know what to tell you..or how to help, but if you can think of a way, let me know k?  Good luck, keep smiling

Bel

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
2 posted 2000-12-27 10:37 PM

That is so sad. I know what you're going through. Try giving them a copy of the poem you wrote. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, just giving a suggestion. Let me know what happens, k?

~*Skyfire

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
3 posted 2000-12-27 10:38 PM

That is so sad. I know what you're going through. Try giving them a copy of the poem you wrote. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, just giving a suggestion. Let me know what happens, k?

~*Skyfire

TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California
4 posted 2000-12-27 11:38 PM

Thanx for your replies!
sweetstuff101
since 2000-07-27
Posts 375
OK, USA
5 posted 2000-12-27 11:49 PM

I know how you feel. Sometimes I feel like I can't be a good friend. Because just like you said, all of my really good friends have ended up leaving me some how. I didn't know what I was doing wrong. Eventually I realized it probably wasn't something I did wrong, but that these people just weren't meant to be my friends. Well your poem was excellent. Well written, great job!! Keep writing!!

Much Luv,
  ~*~SweetStuff~*~
< !signature-->

~*~GoOd fRiEnDz ArE hArD 2 FiNd, HaRdEr 2 LeAvE, & iMpOsSiBlE 2 fOrGeT~*~tHe HaRdEsT tHiNg tO Do iS wAtCh tHe 1 U LuV, lUv sUm1 eLsE~*~

[This message has been edited by sweetstuff101 (edited 12-27-2000).]

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
6 posted 2000-12-28 12:51 PM

This really was very sad...I think that you should maybe give this to them to read...they might not feel like you care enough about them and this poem might just do the trick..i really hope things get better for you cuz im shur what ever it is your doing to loose these people  your not doing intentionally...im shur it hurts you as much as it hurts them..i hope things work out...great poem...

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
7 posted 2000-12-28 02:09 AM

Hey guys...  you are probably not doing anything wrong...  sometimes the friends you think are your very closest friends drift away, this doesn't mean that you and they were any less of a friend, nor does it mean that you are a bad friend...  it just means that you have your differences and that you are growing up and growing apart...  it isn't a bad thing...  We are ALL  good friends...  well in here anyway!!

Melz!!

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
8 posted 2000-12-28 06:27 PM

It sounds like you aren't haven't the best of times, and I hope things improve for you.  Your poem was very good.

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

tq_99
since 2000-11-14
Posts 45
Las Vegas, NM, US
9 posted 2000-12-29 10:53 AM

Sorry to hear bout this and that you have to go through this.I can relate to this peom alot. And I know it aint the greatest feelin ever, but like everybody else said, I think it'd be a good idea to jus give them a copy of the poem. I'm not tryin to tell you what to do, but I really think that it'd do alot for them. Good luck.
God Bless,

- tq_99

"Some say a rich man has it all but if he has no friends he is nothing"

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
10 posted 2000-12-29 04:58 PM

This was nice but seriously the situation bites. I hope all gets well......maybe you just need to assess the situation a bit more.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California
11 posted 2000-12-30 03:35 AM

Bump!
TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California
12 posted 2000-12-30 03:41 PM

Thanx to all you who replied it really means a lot as always.
  Lauren

jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
13 posted 2000-12-30 11:52 PM

this was sad, im sure youre a great friend, just be close with them and help them out, great poem!

~JDR

"A writer doesn't acquire a vacancy of mind, but rather a inadequacy of words." - Jeremy D. Raulinaitis

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » I just wish I knew (please read)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary