navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Shoe Box (for Justin)
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Shoe Box (for Justin) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Allysa
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden

0 posted 2000-12-26 02:01 PM

The letters I have that i'll never send,
are all addressed to you.
don't think there are just three or four,
there's a whole shoe box full.

I write you when I'm angry,
mad, sad, and full of joy.
I write you when I've been hurt,
by another stupid boy.

I write you when I'm confused,
depressed or even scared,
I never call you though,
because you might not be there.

this shoe box full of letters,
ehists in every space,
of ever corner in my house,
a fear for me to face.

this shoe box full of letters,
that you'll never ever read,
help me to get better,
because each one's signed by me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juss a lil something for Jus.

I can't see at all. Even if I could it would all be great, to put your picture on my wall, it reminds me that it's not so bad, it's not so bad.

© Copyright 2000 Allysa - All Rights Reserved
jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
1 posted 2000-12-26 03:02 PM

cool ideas, i really liked this. made me think about writing more letters!

jeremy r

"A writer doesn't acquire a vacancy of mind, but rather a inadequacy of words." - Jeremy D. Raulinaitis

Allysa
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
2 posted 2000-12-26 03:36 PM

jeremy: thanks! gee, letter writing. write me one! LOL. anyways, thanks!  

I can't see at all. Even if I could it would all be great, to put your picture on my wall, it reminds me that it's not so bad, it's not so bad.

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
3 posted 2000-12-26 05:39 PM

hey allysa --- sup with you and nitsuj    I always thought all this time that you two were going really strong.  Beautiful poem, obviously you have a lot of emotion you need to let go from inside.  I'm sorry.  Do me a favor, just send those letters to him.  What's there to lose?

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Hallie_Angel
since 2000-12-06
Posts 102

4 posted 2000-12-26 10:06 PM

Kool poem Girlie

Catherine!

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
5 posted 2000-12-27 02:55 PM

Good poem, I don't really know what to say about it!  how are you and justin these days??

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
6 posted 2000-12-27 11:37 PM

This was a kewl poem..i kinda do what you do but instead of writing letters i write poems but rarely ever show it to the person im writing it about...their such sacred and personal things to me...i cherish them no matter what brought on the mood to express the feelings put into the poem...i love each one...awesome poem..

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
7 posted 2000-12-28 02:25 AM

Great work...  I am the same...  I do things like you have described so wonderfully here!!  Good Job!!

Melz!!

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
8 posted 2000-12-29 04:14 PM

you know........just cuz he might not be there doesn't mean you shouldn't call him. That's givin in too soon.

"And if you're giving in
Then you're giving up" - Smashing Pumpkins

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
9 posted 2000-12-29 05:12 PM

i agrees totaly with dopey....nice poem though.give him a call and send those letters.
Regina

DreamerGrl27
since 2000-10-29
Posts 142

10 posted 2000-12-29 08:54 PM

I used to write letters too, but I stopped about a year ago.  It made me feel so much better because I was getting all my feelings out and it was almost like I was telling him everything, but I really wasnt.  It's hard to explain but you probably know what I mean. I would never send any of my letters either because they're so personal, but if you do decide to I hope everything works out.  I really loved the poem!
Allysa
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
11 posted 2001-01-03 08:08 AM

Thanks ya all! Justin and I are okay right now. He called me a few days ago and we talked for a little while, and usually when he has to get off the phone, he doesn't call back for two weeks, but he called back! But I was asleep. And I saw him the next day (Dec 31) and he's supposed to go to this party I'm going to on Sat, so we'll see what happens! :0)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Shoe Box (for Justin)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary