navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Please guys tell me I am doing the right thing...
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Please guys tell me I am doing the right thing... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia

0 posted 2000-12-24 03:56 AM

Guys, I need help here... am I doing the right thing here...  I am not so sure about this and I need to know - ASAP because he leaves in a just over a week...

I know what must be done...

It dawned on me today,
That you are back in town,
I used to dream of this day
But I never thought it would come...
Now suddenly it is upon me
And I don't know what to do.

I am scared to death of seeing you
It seems so long ago,
That I stood on that step
And waved good-bye to you.
I never wanted to see you go.

I don't know when you will visit me
That is up to you...
I hope that I see you soon
Because no matter how scared I am
I know we have stuff to do!

Time can heal wounds
And time can become water
Under the bridge,
But without you here
I am lost to what I should do!

I am not however selfish,
I want you to follow your dream
That's why I've dreaded this day.
Im scared to death to see you
For there's something I have to do.

I thought we could work things out,
I thought things could have been fine,
But these past few days I've realised
That our love must never grow,
We must keep it inside till time gives us a chance

I know I have to let you go,
But that is however hard,
I have loved you for so long now,
That it's hard to let us go,
But I know it must be done.

Always remember me,
Never forget our times,
Remember I always will love you,
No matter where you may be gone,
My love will last forever!

I wrote this just now...  the words are somewhat a mess, they just sprung to my head.  I have realised over the last few days that I have to move on and live my life and stop living in the past...  I will always love you Michael, but I love you enough to be able to say that we can't do this.  One day when we have fulfilled our dreams we will come together and be forever happy, but for now we must follow our dreams - and that means going our separate ways!

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

© Copyright 2000 Melanie Heagney - All Rights Reserved
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
1 posted 2000-12-24 07:53 AM

You've expressed yourself well in this piece Melster ... sounds like you had difficult decision to make, and thought it through very clearly, and very poetically ... nicely done!  

Happy Holidays and Best wishes,
/Kit

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
2 posted 2000-12-24 12:23 PM

Hey. You really did a great job expressing your confusion and everything..I don't have any advice..just do what you feel is best.

~Carly

WhY
ShOuLd I
Be hypnotized by someone else's lies
WhY
ShOuLd I
Take time and pride in what someone else believes...

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2000-12-24 01:51 PM

My advice is........do what your heart tells you.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
4 posted 2000-12-24 03:45 PM

Sometimes life just kicks you in the face, and it stings, and this appears to be one of those times. I know that when it comes to men and relationships, sometimes thing just become a big jumbled mess! Sometimes you want them back, and then suddenly you wish them away because you know that the relationship is un-beneficial. However difficult this all seems to be, it is happening for a reason. Just do what you feel is right, if you have to move on, then so be it. Go Dopey's route, and listen to your heart.   Good Luck!
xoxo
Jenn
< !signature-->

"A person can never get over a broken heart if they aren't willing to let go of all of the pieces."-- ??

[This message has been edited by Jenn Cirrincione (edited 12-24-2000).]

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
5 posted 2000-12-24 04:27 PM

Thanks guys, I am working on doing what my heart says, I just have to make for sure that I know that this is what it is telling me to do...  if not then what is it...  but I think I am pretty sure that it is...

Melz!!

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
6 posted 2000-12-24 04:56 PM

You're situation is no piece of cake, that's for sure. I'd have to say that you're handling it well though. You made a very thoughtful and an extemely brave decision. Few people would choose the hard way. Few people would chase their dreams and still dare to be optimistic about their love. Just remember, hold onto the memories without letting the memories hold onto you. It'll all work out one day and what a beautiful day that'll be.

Great poem  

In order to be good one must know evil.

~*Angel of Darkness*~

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
7 posted 2000-12-24 11:34 PM

Thank you Dark Enchantress, I am trying to cope with things and also figure out whether I am doing what is right...  I know that one day I will be greatful for the decision I make...  I just have to make it now and wait for that day!!

Melz!!

jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
8 posted 2000-12-25 12:42 PM

all i can say is follow your heart.... great post, thanks!

jeremy r

"A writer doesn't acquire a vacancy of mind, but rather a inadequacy of words." - Jeremy D. Raulinaitis

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
9 posted 2000-12-25 01:23 AM

Thanks Jeremy, I plan to follow my heart, I just have to get the courage to do it!!

Thanks for your support!!

Melz!!

sweetstuff101
since 2000-07-27
Posts 375
OK, USA
10 posted 2000-12-25 02:18 PM

I think your poem was great!! But all I can say is that if you think you are doing the right thing, you probably are. And if you two were meant to be than it will happen. But for now just keep your head up, it will all be ok!!! Keep writing!!

Luv,
~*~Sweetstuff~*~

PS~ Happy holidays!  

~*~GoOd fRiEnDz ArE hArD 2 FiNd, HaRdEr 2 LeAvE, & iMpOsSiBlE 2 fOrGeT~*~tHe HaRdEsT tHiNg tO Do iS wAtCh tHe 1 U LuV, lUv sUm1 eLsE~*~

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
11 posted 2000-12-25 03:07 PM

Melster~
I think that you are doing the right thing. Its hard to let go of someone you love. Ever heard the quote "If you want something very badly set it free. If it comes back to you its yours forever, if it doesnt it was never yours to begin with". For some reason I believe this quote. I have had things happen to me where I let go of all my friends. And in the end it was all for the better. You could only tell yourself if you are doing the right thing. Nobody could tell you. Good luck.

People leave our lives as quickly as they come, but the ones that mean something leave footprints in our hearts.

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
12 posted 2000-12-25 04:13 PM

Thanks everyone for your help, Erin, yes I have heard of it, but thanks for reminding me of it...  I had forgotten it!!

Melz!!

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
13 posted 2000-12-26 11:32 PM

I hope that whatever happens, it's the best for you.  I'm bad with advice so I'll just say ditto to the others, do what your heart says.  And actually do it!  Good job on the poem!!

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
14 posted 2000-12-27 12:19 PM

Thanks Lake...  I know you aren't goos with advice, thanks for taking the time to read my poem though and I am glad you liked it!!

Melz!!

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
15 posted 2000-12-28 04:57 PM

i agree with most....folow what your heart says...do me one favor though, do not over analize this cause it will only lead you to total confusion...great post

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
16 posted 2000-12-28 08:37 PM

Wow. That's awesome. The poem, not the sitiuation you're in. i know what it's like... similar situation. All I can say is, do what you feel is right. Don't take the decision lightly (which you aren't), but don't stress too much... that doesn't help... hope you make the right decision!!

~*Skyfire

*~Always Canadian*~
~*~I used to be an idiot, but I'm all right now~*~

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

17 posted 2000-12-29 10:30 AM

Good poem.  It seems like you love this person enough not to want them, or you, to get hurt by what might happen in the future, and I suppose by doing what you plan on, you're doing quite a-what's the word?- um....oh you know what I'm saying right?  Anyway, good luck, I hope things work out in the end
Bel

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

18 posted 2000-12-29 10:30 AM

Ooooops posted twice! Yeah I'm really smart here!
Bel

[This message has been edited by Isabel Galaxia (edited 12-29-2000).]

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
19 posted 2000-12-29 05:15 PM

Thanks guys, I haven't been here in a few days, been asleep...  but I got a visit from Michael last night and well, I STILL don't know, I haven't told him this yet, but yeah...

Acire...  it is too late for over confusion...  I am lost to what to do now that I have seen him!!

Skyfire...  I thought what I was doing was the right thing, but now I don't know...

Bel... I don't know what to do, and even whether this IS the right thing to do!  I know what you are saying though...  but I still have to figure it out...

THanks all again!!

Love Melz!!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Please guys tell me I am doing the right thing...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary