navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » .:-=My Parents=-:.
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic .:-=My Parents=-:. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA

0 posted 2000-12-17 12:50 PM

.    -=My Parents=-

Harsh words...
  every one in the book
   Every smile...
     replaced with a dirty look

Tears falling...
  from all the heartache
   Plastered smiles...
    for the kids' sake

Love ruined...
  that never started
   Missing pieces...
    of the broken-hearted

Once strong...
  vows once sworn
   Broken promises...
    have left lives torn  

< !signature-->

¤Sometimes the hardest thing to get over, is something you never really had¤

[This message has been edited by DancinQueen (edited 12-17-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Kiley - All Rights Reserved
Lady Lost
since 2000-07-13
Posts 470

1 posted 2000-12-17 01:16 PM

Wow..this is pretty powerful stuff.  And you can see right through them, can't you?  If you get a chance...read a poem that I posted in the Corner Pub  "it's not just the two of us"....Your poem is the reason I chose not to get married just for the sake of my son.

This must be hard for you...email me if you ever need someone who understands to listen.

...beth  

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
2 posted 2000-12-17 01:44 PM

I know what you're going through...and I'm sorry to say it. No child should have to endure all this...well anyways...don't get bitter and hateful like me, it doesn't help much...good luck...

~Carly

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
3 posted 2000-12-17 03:24 PM

LadyLost~~ hey  Thanks for replying, im glad you know what ive been going thro for the last 3 years..

Child of the Stars: no one should have to endure this, but thats life..

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
4 posted 2000-12-17 04:45 PM

oh sweets    Don't make any justifications on whatever mistakes your parents have made to you, or to their relationship.  That is a big problem right now in the US.  I cannot think of another country that has all these kinds of family problems, i really can't.  It does hurt to say that whatever mistakes the parents have made is always harder on the child.  I don't have any words of encouragement on this matter.  Whatever happiness you could possibly find is up to you.  All I can say is talk to me if you feel like it.  You know I'll always be here for ya.  Don't you ever forget that

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2000-12-17 07:57 PM

Sorry this is happening to you........good poem though. And look on the bright side, oranges taste good!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
6 posted 2000-12-17 08:45 PM

im sorry to hear, great rhyming here, i liked how powerful it was. It really looks like a lot of time was involved on this poem.

jeremy r

"...if you've never met me, then you've no right to judge me. I have a good heart, but this heart can get ugly." ~DMX~

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
7 posted 2000-12-17 08:57 PM

Dopey~~ thanks for looking on the bright side lol

jeremy~~ honestly..i wrote this in about 5mins. ive had the idea for awhile and for the last couple days ive been putting the words together and i wrote it all out and finished it in about 5minutes...so nope, not a long time    

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
8 posted 2000-12-18 02:30 AM

acire - this sort of thing happens in every country, I am in Australia and I also see this sort of thing every day!  "The love, honour and obey until death do us part" doesn't exist anymore - It ceases to exist past my Grandparents really.  We of this century have little hope of being with someone for "life" I wish that I could be with someone for my entire life - but these people don't exist anymore!
Dancin Queen - I am sorry that you have to go through this and my deepest sympathys are with you.  You have expressed well what you are feeling, just keep in mind that "Oranges taste good!!"  Im a lot unsure what that has to do with it all Dopey - but I liked it's unimportance!  Keep remembering that no matter what your parents both love you and always will!!

Melz!!

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

apsara
since 2000-11-09
Posts 70

9 posted 2000-12-18 03:40 AM

That's so true Melstar. This happens everywhere. The perfect specimen is in front of me right now.And it doesn't pay to be mad at them cos deep inside, you know that they love you all that much. Great poem.

apsara

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
10 posted 2000-12-18 09:42 AM

Melster --- I didn't say it doesn't happen anywhere else.  I meant that it's worse here than any other place.  You amongst everyone should know about your asian neighbors.  I'm part Asian and part Spanish.  Amongst my Asian side which is from the Philippines, you wouldn't believe how much they stay together and try to work things out. As far as I know divorce is illegal there too.  And in my Spanish side, it's basically the same thing. You also wouldn't believe the amount of extended families in Spain as in my other side.  I guess Something my other side inherited from Spain.  I always attribute it to how religous they are.  As you know Spain is the reason for spreading the Catholic faith in the world.  But i don't say that it never happens there.  Everyone or every place have their own.  But believe me, it's worse here. At least that's my opinion

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
11 posted 2000-12-18 11:09 AM

im gonna use a cliche."i know what your going through, i know how u feel" but in all truth i do, my parents, i can see through and all i see is hate and disgust.
the poem was amazing.
Regina

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
12 posted 2000-12-18 03:05 PM

well i see my poem has become the place of a debate..

Ina~ thanks   and the sad part about it all, is the hate in their eyes never goes away...it made fade but it will always be there

branden726
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI
13 posted 2000-12-19 07:05 AM

HOLY GREAT POEM! I HAVE NEVER EVER FROM MY FIRST TIME BEING HERE READ A POEM WITH AS MUCH MEANING AND FEELINGS AS YOU OMG I  LOVE IT, ITS THE BEST OF ALL TIME AND I MEAN THAT GUYS. GREAT POEM!!! WOW!!!!

"i just love when you bring your whole crew because its just a bigger piece of cake for me to chew threw"

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
14 posted 2000-12-19 01:28 PM

Brandon~~ LOL WOW thanks for the honor     I'm glad you liked it...

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
15 posted 2000-12-20 04:13 PM

I think that this poem was written to play with the reader's emotions, and it sure worked.  Great job on this one and I'm sorry that anyone has to go through this.

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
16 posted 2000-12-20 10:15 PM

Lakewalker-- i dont know what it means..ive been feeling like this for like 2 years now. and when somethin to emotionally draining happens to me i cant even write a poem..the words all slur to together so i have to wait till my head is clear. took me awhile on this one...but this was the outcome

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
17 posted 2000-12-21 07:51 PM

Aww hunnie im so sorry that your feeling like this..its an awful feeling..no one should have to feel this way. This poem was really touching..i hope things get better for ya gurl!! Love yas... Muahz
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » .:-=My Parents=-:.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary