navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Exactly What You Need
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Exactly What You Need Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
silvrduck
since 2000-11-05
Posts 146

0 posted 2000-12-11 07:21 AM

Hmmm...

Exactly What You Need

I've tried so hard
to be what you want
so sick and tired
of not getting too far
I know how she hurt you
I'm sorry
I can't fix or take that back
and I'm sorry
that I don't seem to be
exactly what you need
maybe if you'd try
tell me what that 'what' is
I could be something more
to you, for you
exactly what you need.

< !signature-->

love is friendship set on fire... now, if only it were free to burn...

[This message has been edited by silvrduck (edited 12-11-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 silvrduck - All Rights Reserved
sweetstuff101
since 2000-07-27
Posts 375
OK, USA
1 posted 2000-12-11 12:48 PM

hey that was good! I really liked it! Great job, keep writing!!

Luv,
~*~Sweetstuff~*~

~*~GoOd fRiEnDz ArE hArD 2 FiNd, HaRdEr 2 LeAvE, & iMpOsSiBlE 2 fOrGeT~*~tHe HaRdEsT tHiNg tO Do iS wAtCh tHe 1 U LuV, lUv sUm1 eLsE~*~

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
2 posted 2000-12-11 02:35 PM

Hey,
If this is going on right now, I hope things improve and you can be what he needs.  Nice job of expressing this, the poem is very good

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
3 posted 2000-12-12 01:53 AM

Good way to let your feelings known. Now all you have to do is give this to that person and let them know what you are thinking. Keep it up!!!

People leave our lives as quickly as they come, but the ones that mean something leave footprints in our hearts.

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
4 posted 2000-12-12 07:20 PM

Sometimes i wish i could change and be what someone exactly wants me to be...but unfortunately i dont always carry the certain qualities that are needed...dont worry if you 2 are meant to be you will be someday....good poem
Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
5 posted 2000-12-12 08:54 PM

Yes, yes. If you two were meant to be, then who you ARE, is what he'll NEED. No real changing will be required. I'm sure if it is something small... like waiting till his heart heals from pain, then you two will be just fine. Try and be patient. Nice poem!
xoxo
Jenn

"A person can never get over a broken heart if they aren't willing to let go of all of the pieces."-- ??

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

6 posted 2000-12-12 09:50 PM

When you love someone, all you want to be is what the person wants. This can be dangerous. If this person really loves you, they will love you for exactly what you are, so never change for anyone!

"Where there is great love there are always miracles" -Cather
"Love heals everything, and love is all there is"- Zukav

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
7 posted 2000-12-13 04:32 PM

I think this was a great way to vent, but like the rest I wouldn't suggest changing to fit somebody's needs..........IMPROVING..sure...but not changing.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Exactly What You Need

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary