navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Too Fast
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Too Fast Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Nikkisweet
since 2000-02-14
Posts 183
Tx, Dallas

0 posted 2000-11-25 10:00 PM

When you asked me to marry you
My eyes filled up with tears
I knew you were the one
To calm all my fears
This is it, I thought
I've finally found the one
He's my one true love
My dating life is done
Then one night
I got some common sence
Knocked into me
That marriage is life
It's giving you the key
I think we're moving too fast
And I'm afraid
That it won't last
I love you so much
And I don't want our love to end
But it might if we don't slow it down
And wait for our hearts to mend

*I'm engaged, and I've been having all these doubts...so I wrote a poem about it.  I can't give it to him or break it off with him, because I love him too much and I don't want to hurt him.  I just keep thinking that it'll work out, and that we're not headed for the worst.  Please, if you have any advice for me...I need all of it.*

~Writing is filling up your
soul with words~
--Me

© Copyright 2000 Nikkisweet - All Rights Reserved
~sugarpie313~
since 2000-09-14
Posts 375
Maine, USA
1 posted 2000-11-25 10:05 PM

I think you should definetly go with your instincts. And you should talk to him, that way it won't be such a blow if you want to marry him but post-pone it possibly. Do whatever your heart wants to do... your heart never leads you wrong. Although it might seem wrong...  in the long run you'll notice it wasn't.

~*Always make time to stop and taste the pop tarts*~

Nikkisweet
since 2000-02-14
Posts 183
Tx, Dallas
2 posted 2000-11-25 10:26 PM

I'm doing a little of what I call bumping!  I really need all the advice I can get and would appreciate if ya'll replied to this!!!

soul with words~
--Me

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2000-11-26 12:45 PM

Flow....

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Nikkisweet
since 2000-02-14
Posts 183
Tx, Dallas
4 posted 2000-11-26 02:15 PM

Flow?  Do you mean my poem, or the relationship?

soul with words~
--Me

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
5 posted 2000-11-26 02:37 PM

HOLY HEAVENS GIRL!! URE 15! Moving too fast is putting it in a nice way..ure done movin ure already there! You have 10-15 more years to find "the one" And from what you've told me..thing were moving to fast awhile ago and you were going to back off and see what he did. If things are getting complicated now, just think about what it'd be like if you were married...you'd probably have to throw away all your dreams and ambitions. Now i can see MAYBE marrying someone when ure 16 or 17, on a whim...but not when ure 15. HEck you dont even have your license yet. Babe i'd definetly slow things down, because this is going to be too much for you to handle...

"A true friend can see the truth and pain in your eyes, even when you're fooling everyone else"

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

6 posted 2000-11-26 05:42 PM

I am also 15 years old, and I have a friend (who is my age) and is engaged.. sort of. She has what is called a "promise ring", which means that her and her boyfriend are going to get married when they are both ready (after college, esc..). Is this the kind of understanding that you have with this person? I know that you love him, but he has to understand that you are very young and you have your entire life ahead of you. Do you have any other plans for the future? Have you discussed these with this person? You might want to talk to your fiancee about these things before you set a date or anything like that. If he really loves you, he will understand. If he doesn't understand that, he doesn't really love you, and you shouldn't marry him. There's nothing wrong with thinking things through. If you want to talk, feel free to e-mail me at weirdbeetlelady@hotmail.com

Thanks for posting!

"Where there is great love there are always miracles" -Cather
"Love heals everything, and love is all there is"- Zukav

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
7 posted 2000-11-27 02:56 PM

I would say you should definitly talk things through with him, how far can you get without good communication?  Your poem is good by the way

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
8 posted 2000-11-27 03:15 PM

Nikki~
Wow. So many things to think of before anything goes wrong. I encourage you to follow your heart and do what you think is best for yourself. You are the only one that could make that decision. Its your life. Asking for help is good. Just make sure you take the right advice.

By the way CONGRATULATIONS!!!

People leave our lives as quickly as they come, but the ones that mean something leave footprints in our hearts.

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
9 posted 2000-11-27 04:11 PM

Good god do i have a lot to say..hmm where to start...ok well the title of the poem is an excellent one cause your answered your own question...your going TOO FAST!!! I know that you may be in love with him and he may be in love with you and he looks oh-so-cute when he talks about marriage and you just cant break his cute lil heart and stuff but lets face it hun, your a lil too young. Marriage is wonderful and if your having the kinda doubts that your having now..then something is wrong. I have no doubt that you love him, but making this kind of commitment now is going too fast. If he really loves you  then explaining to him how you feel would only have him respect your decision and wait until your ready. Maybe you should do that whole promise ring thing like lovebug mentioned...where your basically engaged for when the 2 of you are ready...not just one...so that way you kind of have a commitment but just in case something happens between you two..which could happen...your not bound to a legal agreement like marriage ya know? I'm rambeling but just one more thing....you  have your whole life ahead of you..and your extremely lucky to have found someone whom you love this much and who loves you the same in return...but that kind of love is worth waiting for...give it some time and see how things go..i think you should talk to him about your feelings..its not just his decision...LoL WOW that was a lot!! Ok hun great poem!!! XoXo
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Too Fast

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary