navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » you were there ( plese reply means alot!!)
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic you were there ( plese reply means alot!!) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
mopey
since 2000-11-14
Posts 12

0 posted 2000-11-20 11:44 AM

you were there when i laughed
and there when i cried
you were there when i gave up
and when i almost died

you were there when i was good
and when i was being bad
you are the best friend i know
and have ever had

and now you ve gone and left me
you're on to better things
and now as i look back
all i feel are stings

i know i made mistakes
you must have made some too
but because of one mistake i made
i no longer have you

you were there when i was hurt
and there when i was stronger
but the chance to be there again
you will get no longer

© Copyright 2000 heather - All Rights Reserved
layla
since 2000-11-19
Posts 74

1 posted 2000-11-20 12:15 PM

this poem is really sad.  i know how it feels to loose a good friend, but you expressed your feelings very well.  i hope everything works out for you.
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

2 posted 2000-11-20 02:07 PM

Friendship is a great treasure, and it's extremely painful to lose. You should treasure the memories of what you had together, and maybe you will be friends again someday. Best of luck!

"Where there is great love there are always miracles" -Cather
"Love heals everything, and love is all there is"- Zukav

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
3 posted 2000-11-20 04:40 PM

This poem is soooo sad. Its horrible losing a friend I'm so sorry that you guys drifted apart...this person was obviously EXTREMELY important to you.

"Its the most amazing thing when two strangers become the best of friends, but its one of the saddest things when the best of friends become two strangers"

Dont you agree?

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
4 posted 2000-11-20 04:48 PM

I know what it's like to have loved and lost... in the terms of friendships, and it's really hard. I'm sorry things worked out this way, but there is a great possibility you two may be able to reform your bond. Good luck...
xoxo
Jenn

"Guess I'm not smart, I let you un-nerve me, I let you control me; afraid the truth would hurt me, when it's you that hurts me more." TLC

DreamerGrl27
since 2000-10-29
Posts 142

5 posted 2000-11-20 06:17 PM

I know exactly how you feel, to lose one of your best friends and you would do anything to have them back.  It's a horrible feeling and I'm sorry you have to go through it because no one should have to.  Keep smiling and just try to make the best of everything, and remember all your memories because they'll last forever even if your friendship doesnt.  

kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
6 posted 2000-11-20 07:17 PM

this work speaks a lot to me because i have been in this situation before(in fact, dont we all?)....it really hurts when "shared experiences no longer remain relevant" to the other person,huh....

Wonderfully expressed and hugs to you...hopefully, soon rather than later, things will get better

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
7 posted 2000-11-21 10:22 AM

Hey. Actually, in the past week I experienced this exact thing...argh it bites. But I have a few more good friends to turn to, and I hope you've been blessed with some too...Great job on the poem and getting those words out.

~Carly

A word is dead
When it is said
Some say,
I say it just
Begins to live
That day.

mopey
since 2000-11-14
Posts 12

8 posted 2000-11-21 11:50 AM

Thank you all for replying, um, i kkow this is going to sound dimb, but does anyone know how to get that signature thingy after your name you know the tiny message you can put after your poem. i was just wondering.
mopey
since 2000-11-14
Posts 12

9 posted 2000-11-21 11:50 AM

Thank you all for replying, um, i kkow this is going to sound dumb, but does anyone know how to get that signature thingy after your name you know the tiny message you can put after your poem. i was just wondering.
Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
10 posted 2000-11-22 03:47 PM

First of all, great poem!  It really expresses the sadness of losing a friend.  Now, about the signiture (If no one's told you yet):  Go to Member's Area at the top of the page, then click on Change your profile.  There is a space in there to type in a signature.  Hope that helps

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

http://www.thehungersite.com

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
11 posted 2000-11-25 03:34 AM

Great poem!!!!!
And find that thing on signature, those things really show what a person likes.
I mean just read mine!
yep yep hehe

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » you were there ( plese reply means alot!!)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary