navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Deep Inside
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Deep Inside Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Nikkisweet
since 2000-02-14
Posts 183
Tx, Dallas

0 posted 2000-11-18 12:03 PM

My love for you
You'll never know
It's deep inside
And my heart won't let it show
The reason for this
I can explain in a whisp
My heart was bruised
With one single kiss
Now around my heart is a gate
But my love for you is so great
So it's up to you
To tear it away
And if you really love me
You'll know exactly what to say
But once you tear it down
Protect it with your arms around
You see, I can tell you I love you
But not why
Cause I'm afraid you reject my
Feelings and make me cry
So tear up this gate
And protect it with all your might
Cause I'm so tired of living in fright

~Writing is filling up your
soul with words~
--Me

© Copyright 2000 Nikkisweet - All Rights Reserved
branden726
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI
1 posted 2000-11-18 01:54 PM

HOLY ****! oops am i allowed to say  that n e ways if im not then they'll take my reply off n e ways this is one of the greatest poems i read and i think everyone that reply's will agree with me.....all i got to say is.....WOW

"put the name of the person u love, not in a heart because they alway break but put it in a circle which last forever"

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

2 posted 2000-11-18 02:27 PM

This is a very impressive piece. I know what it's like to be hurt, and to be afraid to love again. You're exactly right, the right person will come along and tear down the gates around your heart. Thanks for sharing.

"Where there is great love there are always miracles" -Cather
"Love heals everything, and love is all there is"- Zukav

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
3 posted 2000-11-18 04:44 PM

I really do like this one. It's very descriptive... I hope everything works itself out.

"Guess I'm not smart, I let you un-nerve me, I let you control me; afraid the truth would hurt me, when it's you that hurts me more." TLC

Nikkisweet
since 2000-02-14
Posts 183
Tx, Dallas
4 posted 2000-11-18 10:41 PM

I wanted to bump this poem up because it really means a lot to me and i think a lot of people should read it.  I thank you so much to ya'll who have replyed to it....this one's from my heart.

~Writing is filling up your
soul with words~
--Me

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
5 posted 2000-11-19 06:15 PM

Anytime you open your heart to someone you take the risk of getting hurt...thats what sux so much about love so its extremely understandable why you'd have a gate around your heart...but u shouldnt live in fear hun...living in fear could prevent the worst thing from happening...but also the best...great poem hun
Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
6 posted 2000-11-20 03:09 PM

The right person will be able to take down that gate, but the wrong people will make it grow higher.  Just don't let it get to big before the right guy comes along.  And if he's there now, congrats   Good job on the poem

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

http://www.thehungersite.com

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
7 posted 2000-11-24 06:21 PM

Hey this is great.......i liked it very much!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
8 posted 2000-11-28 08:06 PM

This is really very emotional.  I don't blame you for feeling that way...I too have mine blocked right now.  The way I look at it though I've bricked myself in and noone again is gonna be allowed to take it.  Good for you you're asking him to break it down, but still be careful.  thanks for sharing the wonderful poem

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Deep Inside

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary