navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » A letter to my self
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic A letter to my self Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
star 15
since 2000-03-28
Posts 26

0 posted 2000-11-16 06:31 PM

hi i hope this poem dosent bother anybody. you see im only 15 and i have done alot of things im not suppose to and people are saying i should changed but im to scared to....i dont want to lose any frineds...if u know what i mean...please excuse the vivid usage of words in this poem...thanks star

A LETTRE TO MY SELF.....
Dear Self
hello how are you today
that is good to hear.

You Know self....
ive been thinking
ive been thinking about alot of things

Like why am i here
who am i
where did i come from

oh you say
but those are normal
everne has those questions
there normal

but would u say
being a drug addict or
being a whore is normal

would you say
thinking about death
and talking to the dead
is normal

would you say
sleeping with older men
or being a mom at 15
is normal

Well self i know what you are saying
your saying that i need some help
i am ruining my life
im taking the wrong rode
im not that kind of person

And what you are saying is true
cause that is what everone else is saying

Now self, I come to you for help
your the only one that can help me here
your the only one that now me the best

i ask you self
is this the way i want to go?
is this the way i want my life to be?
is this how its all going to end?

Sincearly
                          Pam

© Copyright 2000 star 15 - All Rights Reserved
curlygurly
since 2000-09-12
Posts 276
USA
1 posted 2000-11-16 07:02 PM

WOW, no offense but i thought my life was bad. are all those things true? if they are you're only 15 so it's not too late to turn your life around. it isn't a total shocker to me cuz we live in a society where this kind of thing happens everyday. i hope that things work out for you. and no matter how bad your life is, never consider suicide, it's not worth it.  
Curly

"So many tears i've cried, so much pain inside"
-Lenny Kravitz

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2000-11-16 07:09 PM

Hey wow, i don't know what to say. I like the idea of writing a letter to yourself. Anyway, the topic is disturbing frankly. I really think you oughta help yourself out ya know? For the well being of YOU. You are important to everyone around you........don't waste yourself around doing stupid things for stupid reasons. Think smart....... i really do hope things work out......keep posting! I'd love to see how you're working this out.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
3 posted 2000-11-16 10:36 PM

Wow Pam...those are all really important questions to ask...i'm 15 too and i have soo much of my life ahead of me as do you so of course there is time to change. Your letter to yourself reminds me exactly of a friend of mine, also named pam and the same age....who is exactly like you...but i dont think she's willing to change...she's become stuck in her label and is very protective of who she is and is scared to change...but dont be scared...embrace the fact that you can. The fact that your mind is asking you questions about these things has to be telling you something...it probably means that deep down inside you want to be someone different. Being a teenager is all about finding who you are...so go ahead and change if it makes you happy..and if your friends are real then changing who you are wont make the abandon you. Great letter hun...
IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

4 posted 2000-11-16 11:47 PM

I don't want to make know assumptions not actually knowing you but this poem shows that you do have a desire to change, but I think you are just a bit scared.  just follow your heart, and continue to question yourself 'till you find the answers. I think xShUgArHiGhx has given you great advise... do what makes you truely happy and proud.  keep your head up you have alot of living ahead of you.
Best Regards
IsGona

"Every body has their destiny...
I'LL CHOOSE MY OWN"
~Hatebreed~

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
5 posted 2000-11-17 07:18 AM

You've penned some powerful questions, and disturbing thoughts too Pam. Everyone seems to be providing good advice above, and I agree. If you've reached a point where you are asking yourself these questions, that is a very positive step forward. You deserve the best you can offer yourself and if this is true to life ... then your child also.  That type of change can only come from you.

Life is difficult enough without making decisions we know can harm ourselves and be destructive. Keep thinking it through, and realize that you still have a whole world ahead of you ... it's up to you to decide which direction you'd like that path to take.

I'd like to point you to a poem (and the responses) I posted here that I wrote when I was 18 (about 20 years ago). I changed my whole world around, got rid of some unworthy "friends" and started a'new. It was a turning point, and now looking back ... I'm soooooo glad I did. I hate to think what the past 20 years would have been like if I hadn't asked myself some tough questions too back then.
/pip/Forum36/HTML/000310.html

Best wishes and hugs to you,
/Kit

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
6 posted 2000-11-17 11:50 AM

This poem was good, it really expressed your thoughts well.  Ditto to everyone who has already posted, in my opinion their advice is great.  It's not too late to turn your life around, in fact, it just might be the perfect time.  

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

http://www.thehungersite.com

star 15
since 2000-03-28
Posts 26

7 posted 2000-11-17 05:24 PM

thanks everyone who replied to my poem..
and thank you all for ur advice...i will be sure to try to use it.....
i still dont know what im going to do right now...i want to change but its going to be hard...cause ...its hard to get away from the friends u are with right now and meet new ones...its like being in a gang once ur in u never get out...i no this may not be true for me but i have a really hard time making new frines...sometimes..so hopefully i will soon ....agin thank you all
...and if u feel u want to help me out anymore he is my email address pammarvets@hotmail.com
thanks agian
star  

branden726
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI
8 posted 2000-11-18 07:11 PM

Hey there, well this is a strong poem and i can relate kinda to what your saying my sis had a kid when she was only 15 and it tore my family apart, made my parents upset fighting crying and everything else was going on in the house till we moved well now its all okay but i still dont think my parents accept my sis and it hurts to see that well n e ways great poem i like it a lot
Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
9 posted 2000-11-18 07:20 PM

Hey now, this was really well written. I'm sure not one of us out here is a saint, thus we should not criticize you in the least. However, you seem to want to change. I went through this a couple of years ago.My friends were druggies, and gothic- marilyn manson people if ya catch my drift. I was a good, loyal friend. I supported them. I helped them, I defended them. When it was all said and done, all I had left was me. That's it. You see, that's all you really have to be sure of. I went through a period of lonliness, I now refer to it as my "transition phase". I'm sorry you are going through this, but you need to help yourself, before you worry 'bout your friends. You can do better, even if you have to be alone for a while.   Good luck.
xoxo
Jenn

"Guess I'm not smart, I let you un-nerve me, I let you control me; afraid the truth would hurt me, when it's you that hurts me more." TLC

star 15
since 2000-03-28
Posts 26

10 posted 2000-11-19 04:27 PM

yes i understand what alll of u are saying
im thinking about it but im just not for sure. its kinda scary to think about losing some of ur frineds....
well thanks alot...star*********

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

11 posted 2000-11-19 09:20 PM

Wow geeez woman.  I wasn't quite expecting that.  Okay well 15 isn't too late.  It's a lot to ask of you to suddenly change, and it must seem extremely hard.  But it seems you WANT to change.  If I were you, I'd start out small, but be sure to stop dangerous habits fast, really fast.  I really don't have much experience in that kind of problem, so I don't really know what to tell you.  Trust that little voice inside your head and hang in there.  Good luck please keep posting
Bel
(can't spell!!)

[This message has been edited by Isabel Galaxia (edited 11-19-2000).]

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
12 posted 2000-12-09 11:13 PM

OMG...this has kinda bothered me.  It's very disturbing to see someone go thru all this.  At least now you are asking yourself the right questions.  Now, it's time for you to figure out the right answers.  And i do hope you find them.  Actually, I know you will.  Keep your head up girl, and keep sharing.  

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » A letter to my self

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary