navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Cherish
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Cherish Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tia
since 2000-05-05
Posts 41
massachusetts

0 posted 2000-11-12 10:48 PM

Life my end tomorrow
but you don't know ahead of time.
Taking everything for granted
thinking everything will be fine.
You have all the time in the world
it's never gonna be you.
The one in the obituaries
the person who's life is through.
There's always tomorrow
to say " I love you."
Now you're in the grave
wishing he only knew.
How much you loved him
that he was your fate.
Wishing you could hold him once more
but now it's too late.

[This message has been edited by Tia (edited 11-12-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Tia - All Rights Reserved
ZAOfreak
since 2000-11-08
Posts 22
CA, USA
1 posted 2000-11-13 12:19 PM

This is a really rad and touching poem. It touches base with the truth that we overlook the value of life until it's gone. Too often we procrastinate through life, ignorant to the fact that tommorow could be the last day we get to see our loved ones... the last day we get to hug our best friend... the last day we get to brighten someones day, and let them know someone cares. Great work!
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2000-11-13 06:20 AM

Very nicely done Tia ... I enjoyed your thoughts in this piece. It's so true that we need to live each day to the fullest, and let those we care about know this, each and every day. Nicely penned!  

Best wishes,
/Kit

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2000-11-13 02:21 PM

I found this to be quite sad. We all have to live for each day while looking onto the future. Although we obviously can't be happy every moment of every day.....we should cherish every moment to the fullest.....who knows.......could be our last.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
4 posted 2000-11-13 03:26 PM

I think the others said it perfectly, so I'll just add that I think you did great job on this!

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

http://www.thehungersite.com

niceguy
since 2000-11-13
Posts 113
Sapello, NM, USA
5 posted 2000-11-13 03:42 PM

This is a VERY powerful poem and if you are writing this because of a personal expirence, I am sorry that you had to go through that. I just lost a friend of mine and I never told her how much I cared and knowing that there is someone else that might be feeling the same thing out there...makes it easier to bear. Your a great writer. Hang in there
curlygurly
since 2000-09-12
Posts 276
USA
6 posted 2000-11-13 04:29 PM

That's so sad! i think that one of everyone's fears is someone dying and not being able to tell them things that you figured they already knew. this was an awesome poem, makes you think  
Curly

"So many tears i've cried, so much pain inside"
-Lenny Kravitz

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
7 posted 2000-12-03 04:24 PM

This is so sad.  But it's true though, when you love someone just say it.  I love this poem.  You did a really good job on it.  thanks for the read

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
8 posted 2000-12-03 06:26 PM

This poem is sooooo true! Its a harsh reality but everyone really has to face the facts that you could possibly not be here tomorrow and dont take things for granted...I loved this poem!!
IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

9 posted 2000-12-03 07:53 PM

I agree w/ what every one is saying.  This is a great poem ... at the same time pretty sad.  I love the way you wrote it sarcasticly.
IsGona

"Every body has their destiny...
I'LL CHOOSE MY OWN
~Hatebreed~

Slim
since 2000-07-19
Posts 49
Kentucky, USA
10 posted 2000-12-04 07:45 PM

this is a very touching poem. you did a great job getting the truth out and making realization stand out... great poem.

"just because you dont know it or havent seen it, doesnt mean it isnt possible"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Cherish

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary