navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » My Heart
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic My Heart Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Nikkisweet
since 2000-02-14
Posts 183
Tx, Dallas

0 posted 2000-06-28 10:29 PM

So many promises that you have soaked into my brain
Now have left me with nothing but pain
Don't you even care?
You don't understand the pain that I have to bare

Pain of heartbreak
Next time, my heart, I won't let you take
It's wrong to take a person's heart
And tear it all apart

I should have taken more care
Instead I let my heart hang by a hair
I was too blind to see
Just what you were doing to me

Wish you knew how I felt
And all the pain that I've been dealt
Just please try to understand
And instead of my heart, take my hand

© Copyright 2000 Nikkisweet - All Rights Reserved
LIL.MAMA
since 2000-06-26
Posts 32

1 posted 2000-06-28 11:00 PM

THAT WAS GREAT YOU GO GIRL HOPE TO SEE MORE
Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
2 posted 2000-06-29 01:01 AM

i hope you lose this loser real soon. and hey i would take your heart and mend it back together thread by thread so each part is healed to a T so you never have to worry about it to again bleed.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
3 posted 2000-06-29 01:05 AM

well this is a very nice poem...but what i have realized that some guys that i have been with only used me to see how far they can get me...and now i wont even trust my boyfriend after being with him for 4 months...just dont get to close so in the end you wont feel the pain you felt before...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

amazon_lover
since 2000-04-09
Posts 491
Dublin,Ireland
4 posted 2000-06-29 01:06 AM

Its too much pain in your poem...take care

Sincerely
A_L

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
5 posted 2000-06-30 02:44 AM

Hey kid...well...the only thing you can do is salvage what's left of your spirit and learn from what happened.  I could really, really feel the dispair in every line of that poem...I've written many just like it.  You did an excellent job conveying the level of deppresion you were feeling; although we both know that's something you could never completely express.

Jeremy D. Halstead

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

Nikkisweet
since 2000-02-14
Posts 183
Tx, Dallas
6 posted 2000-06-30 08:05 PM

Thanks everyone for your replys.  It really means a bunch to me!  Jeremiah, you are so sweet.  

Within you I lose myself.
Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.
-unkown-

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

7 posted 2000-06-30 08:14 PM

Hon, I'm so sorry. I know exactly what this feels like... having your heart broken over and over again until it feels like it's crushed into powder. But it isn't truely broken until you give up on yourself and stop looking for the right one. Don't stop looking...

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde
"The robbed that smiles steals something from the thief" -Shakespea

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

8 posted 2000-06-30 08:21 PM

Hey, that was good, and really sad.  I understand some of how you feel, and I hope that you can get completely over that guy soon.  It sounds like he was a jerk and a waste of time, he probably didn't deserve you.  Good luck!
Bel

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
9 posted 2000-06-30 09:41 PM

oh my dear friend *sigh* I know how you feel and I know that eventhough it seems like your heart is never going to heal, I know that with time everything heals...Just remember that there are many guys out there that will hurt you. So when it does heal, just proceed with caution in the next relationship you endure. Just know that even though you have been hurt and you have a hard time trusting, you can't hold you new love to the same standards and until he gives you a reason to believe he's going to hurt you, give him a chance. Don't let your trust issues from the past be an issue in your next relationship! Best of luck my dear!! Keep your head up! Love Always~*~Jessica~*~

~*~Love is the product of our dicontentment with ourselves~*~
~*~SMILE! It makes your butt shine!~*~

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
10 posted 2007-11-19 08:11 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » My Heart

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary