navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » I'm Not Perfect (Please read)
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic I'm Not Perfect (Please read) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DreamerGrl27
since 2000-10-29
Posts 142

0 posted 2000-11-08 07:09 PM

I'm Not Perfect

I'm not an angel, a model
Or gorgeous and tall,
I'm not extra smart, a comedian
Or anything special at all.

I'm not a fast runner
Or good at sports,
I don't get 100's on tests
Or A's on reports.

I don't wear Juicy & Mavi
Or diamonds & pearls,
I don't live in a mansion
Or act like those other girls.

I don't buy Armani & Gucci
Or Prada & Kate Spade,
I don't have fancy furniture
Or a live-in maid.

I'm not Miss Popular
Or Queen of it all,
I don't have a million dollars
Or someone to catch me if I fall.

I'm not saying that I'm special
Or perfect in any way,
I'm just asking for a chance
Just one minute of your day.

© Copyright 2000 DreamerGrl27 - All Rights Reserved
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 posted 2000-11-08 07:36 PM

Hey I would have read your poem regardless of your (please read) in the title. I gave you my time and read the poem and I think it was nice. Be happy with who you are!!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2000-11-08 07:36 PM

Ooops i posted twice!!! SO SORRY!
but see that's how much i liked the poem hehe....uhh...hehe

< !signature-->

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

[This message has been edited by Dopey_Dope (edited 11-08-2000).]

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
3 posted 2000-11-08 07:56 PM

Hey hun...i agree with Dopey. You should be happy with yourself..and i've got the advantage of knowing who your talking about so this is what i have to say...If he's not going to like you for you then why want him to like you at all? I dont think he's the kind of guy who would want all of those fake things anyway...lol i mean look at how he dresses!! Definately got gucci...unless the sandals r...o well but i thought this was a great poem and i think a lot of poeple can relate to this.
Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
4 posted 2000-11-09 03:17 PM

I think the way you say all of these things that you're not, really gets the point across.  Good job expressing this  < !signature-->

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

http://www.thehungersite.com

[This message has been edited by Lakewalker (edited 11-09-2000).]

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
5 posted 2000-11-09 05:59 PM

Well we all cant be perfect and the ones that are dont have the best life...They would probably trade it for ours...Good work!!!

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

sweetstuff101
since 2000-07-27
Posts 375
OK, USA
6 posted 2000-11-09 06:19 PM

that was really good!! I loved it, b/c no one's perfect and thats something we all need to realize. And no one should ever expect anyone to be perfect either. Well nice work, keep writing!!

Luv,
~*~Sweetstuff~*~

~*~ YeStErDaY iS tHe PaSt, 2mOrRoW iS ThE fUtUrE, ToDaY iS a GiFt, ThAt'S wHy We CaLl iT ThE pReSeNt. ~*~

Kandi
since 2000-06-14
Posts 354
North of Hell
7 posted 2000-11-09 06:51 PM

I really felt this poem...there is no such thing as perfection. Even those people who "have it all" and seem perfect....well they're not. Everyone has room for improvement. There's so much pressure these days to be flawless, and sometimes it's hard trying to live up to all the expectations. Thanx so much for sharing this one! You're an awesome writer! ~Kris

~*Things you see the way you see them will never be seen again*~

~All that I have found in reason is reason just to not believe.~

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

8 posted 2000-11-09 08:51 PM

Kandi is right, perfection doesn't exist. The only way that you will even come close to perfection is being your own person. If someone wants to ignore you because of that, they are the ones that are missing out. Love yourself, you deserve it!

False gems may shine as brightly as the genuine article, but there are always those who can tell the difference.

Jose Marti
since 2000-07-01
Posts 374
washing DC
9 posted 2000-11-10 01:21 AM

really great poem,
I liked it alot, sometimes life is like that,
no one is really satisfied with themselves, so don't worry about it, just be you.

apsara
since 2000-11-09
Posts 70

10 posted 2000-11-10 05:20 AM

Excellent poem there. Its something I can definitely relate to.Just remember that it doesn't matter what other people say what matters is that you're happy being yourself.
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
11 posted 2000-11-12 02:55 PM

I really like this one.  One thing though, each person is special on their own way.  Remember that.  Everything you say yyu are not lean more to the materialistic side. Unfortunately, this world has made it sound like its such a great thing.  As long as you are good from within, that's really all that matters.

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

curlygurly
since 2000-09-12
Posts 276
USA
12 posted 2000-11-12 04:25 PM

Great poem. it's great to know that you don't think you are perfect, because noone is, no matter what guys think. i really liked this poem, it sounded just like me.  
Curly

"So many tears i've cried, so much pain inside"
-Lenny Kravitz

branden726
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI
13 posted 2000-11-12 05:21 PM

If none of these replys touched you i hope this one will.

I loved your poem, You expressed what MANY have thought about but just didnt have the words to say it. I love this poem and that makes me say this "I love you" those words i hope will mean something, You may think how you dont know me but from this poem i think i know enough. You can email me or whatever you want but pls just remeber what i said.

"put the name of the person u love, not in a heart because they alway break but put it in a circle which last forever"

branden726
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI
14 posted 2000-11-12 05:21 PM

If none of these replys touched you i hope this one will.

I loved your poem, You expressed what MANY have thought about but just didnt have the words to say it. I love this poem and that makes me say this "I love you" those words i hope will mean something, You may think how you dont know me but from this poem i think i know enough. You can email me or whatever you want but pls just remeber what i said.

"put the name of the person u love, not in a heart because they alway break but put it in a circle which last forever"

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
15 posted 2000-11-13 03:21 PM

Hey there   I liked this ALOT. Speaks for me, too. I think im going to print it out if thats ok with you. Excellent work. sounds like something I would write. Loved it! Keep up the great work

¤Kiley¤

"A true friend can see the truth and pain in your eyes, even when you're fooling everyone else"

niceguy
since 2000-11-13
Posts 113
Sapello, NM, USA
16 posted 2000-11-13 03:35 PM

Wow...this poem really hit home. I know how it feels to feels to feel that you have to change just to get someone to want you...I know that feeling all to well. But listen girl, if he can't see you for who you really "are" on the inside and out...then he's not worth it alright? Your a great writer and keep up the good work!
niceguy

Tamma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-01-17
Posts 794
In His Arms, Harpers Ferry, WV
17 posted 2000-11-13 03:50 PM

Heh...I'm not perfect either, but i feel a lil more pressure to be perfect...Go to www.babynames.com and do a search for my name...I jsut found out a few months ago what it meant!!

~*~ Tamma Loves Justin ~*~

If you love someone dont put their name in a heart,
put their name in a circle, because a heart can be broken
but a circle is continious.

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
18 posted 2000-11-13 05:32 PM

Oh girl, haven't we all been there! I understand completely.... Good work here! The words you used, really made their impression!
Jenn

"Guess I'm not smart, I let you un-nerve me, I let you control me; afraid the truth would hurt me, when it's you that hurts me more." TLC

DreamerGrl27
since 2000-10-29
Posts 142

19 posted 2000-11-13 09:34 PM

Thank you so much for all your replies everyone...it really meant a lot to me.  I know no one can be perfect, but sometimes I just keep trying to be when I know that I can't.  And this was my way of finally admitting the fact that I'm not, and no one is, because perfection doesn't exist.  Thanks again everyone!!!

DreamerGrl27
since 2000-10-29
Posts 142

20 posted 2000-11-13 09:34 PM

Thank you so much for all your replies everyone...it really meant a lot to me.  I know no one can be perfect, but sometimes I just keep trying to be when I know that I can't.  And this was my way of finally admitting the fact that I'm not, and no one is, because perfection doesn't exist.  Thanks again everyone!!!

jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
21 posted 2000-11-13 10:33 PM

i really liked the rhythm and flow in this poem, it portrayed a very well thought out piece or work

jeremy r

"...if you've never met me, then you've no right to judge me. I have a good heart, but this heart can get ugly." ~DMX~

niceguy
since 2000-11-13
Posts 113
Sapello, NM, USA
22 posted 2000-11-14 12:00 PM

I can't get over this poem...it's great Dreamer. Seeing that you are not perfect...that no one is perfect can be hard but once you do it makes things easier. Hang in there girl. Thanx for the reply to my poem too. C-ya.
niceguy

"Don't take love for granted...once it's gone, it hurts."

Lani_DarkOne
since 2000-05-28
Posts 152
UK
23 posted 2000-11-14 04:32 PM

Great job...I know how hard ppl can be..this shows the sheer superficial aspect of ppl..as for not being perfect..you're part of the 100% population that falls into this group..you are NOT alone hehe  

Again..keep it up, and well done.

"Controlling my feelings for too long....
And forcing our darkest souls to unfold...
And pushing us into self-destruction...."
*~Muse*~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » I'm Not Perfect (Please read)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary