navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Control
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Control Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
peanogrl83
since 1999-12-04
Posts 202

0 posted 2000-11-06 12:06 PM

This sucks.

Vreni

Control

Once a connection, a nurtured bond,
Of my calculated insanity they were fond.
Humanity’s glory does forget me now,
While it still can, while it knows how.
I become a stranger to my very mind,
A weary, broken soul all I manage to find.
When did it happen, along the way?
When did internal control run astray?
Perhaps it is never present in its form,
A simple byproduct of those who conform.
For what defines those with such restraint
Is indeed determined by social constraint.
My lunacy is perhaps a blessing so dear,
As I stand defiantly bold, without a fear.
My lack of reserve has made an outcast of me,
But I purloin all their clarity, am able to see.

© Copyright 2000 peanogrl83 - All Rights Reserved
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 posted 2000-11-06 01:23 AM

I liked it.....not as good as some of your others but take note that when you read YOU... I tend to higher my standards of liking. Keep it up.....this DOES NOT SUCK!

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
2 posted 2000-11-06 02:56 PM

I swear you must put that your poems suck because you want more praise.   Ok, sorry, I didn't mean to attack you there.  But really, we'd love the poems even if you come to accept that they're good too and stop writing that they "suck".  Your poetry is always well thought out, flows good, and uses big words   This one is really good.  I like your poems a lot.  Why don't you?

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
3 posted 2000-11-07 09:26 AM

stop saying that you think your poems SUCK cause they don't.

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

4 posted 2000-11-07 02:51 PM

"Perhaps it is never present in its form,
A simple byproduct of those who conform.
For what defines those with such restraint
Is indeed determined by social constraint."

This is a really powerful piece. Sometimes, it isn't always good to have control. I love your writing style!

PS- You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. I tend to do that sometimes, and it isn't good for you. There are enough people on the outside to do that, so you need to see your talent for what it really is so these people won't effect you. Peace!

False gems may shine as brightly as the genuine article, but there are always those who can tell the difference.

peanogrl83
since 1999-12-04
Posts 202

5 posted 2000-11-09 07:08 AM

Dopey - Yep, it's not very good. Nothing unusual about that...... lol

Lakewalker - Um, no, sorry, dear. I am not fishing for compliments...as A. I am not inclined to believe them B.I don't know, I just don't really like them, they make me a bit uncomfortable. So :.P. lol. I don't like my poetry because I don't find it very interesting or well-written....But in any event, I appreaciate your replies and compliments, despite my inability to politely and rationally receive them. lol

acire - Lol, oh, but they do, dear! Thanks for replying!

Lovebug - Thanks for the compliments, and alas, I have no control, hence the poem. (though I'm of the school of thought that thinks lack of insanity is just fine... lol.) Thanks again!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Control

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary