navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Lost Friends
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Lost Friends Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
liqwidnik
since 2000-11-04
Posts 33
Mantua, NJ, USA

0 posted 2000-11-05 10:44 PM

Three years it has been
Why don't we talk?
Best friends we once were
But now...
you are gone and I'm left all alone

I miss your friendship
I want it back
where are you when I need you?
You know me better than I know me

Nine years we shared
Three years you haven't cared
Why not?
I've lost the best friend I ever had
At the same time I also lost myself

"We can not truely love someone with whom we never laugh"- Agnes Repplier

© Copyright 2000 Nicole Novak - All Rights Reserved
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 posted 2000-11-06 01:15 AM

Yea often when we lose something close to our hearts a part of us goes with it.
Good way to express this feeling

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Morouxshi San
since 2000-10-11
Posts 207
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2000-11-06 07:02 AM

i dont really think people do it because they want to, maybe its becaused he/she thought that what was there was less important than what you thought.

San, the wise
San, the dumb
San, the guy...

Stephanya
since 2000-11-03
Posts 63
Berkshire County~USA~
3 posted 2000-11-06 02:37 PM

Some poeple are just stubborn and selfish, and you dont need people like that in your life. This has happened to me 3 different times in my life. My best-friend right now...she's the closest I've ever been to someone. We've gotten into a few fights, but we're always totally honest with each other, and if we weren't we wouldn't have been friends for this long. Those are things you have to remember, whetehr it be friendship or a relationship. Trust, honesty, respect and communication have to all be there and fall into one in any kind of relationship.  
good luck though!

(:***stephani***:)
"A true friend will always stay a friend
whether or not you feel as though the friendship or relationship is about to end."
::

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
4 posted 2000-11-06 03:27 PM

Friends aren't always what we want them to be, but I hope things can work out for you.  This poem really expressed your feelings well, good job on it!

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Slim
since 2000-07-19
Posts 49
Kentucky, USA
5 posted 2000-11-06 09:31 PM

you expresses your longing for this person very well. nicely done.. and i hope you can work this out!

"just because you dont know it or havent seen it, doesnt mean it isnt possible"

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
6 posted 2000-11-07 12:54 PM

Most times in life i dont think we know why certain things happen the way they do. And losing a friend by growing apart is one of those things in my opinion...theres really no reason when you just grow apart..it just kinda..happens. And of course that person took apart of you with them!! The people around you help shape who you are. I thought this was an excellent poem...it expressed what you wanted to say beautifully.
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
7 posted 2000-11-08 05:52 PM

I see a lot of sadness in the poems I'm reading today.  Yours including.  This is a great write but it makes me sad to know that people have to go thru grief first to write these kind of poems.  if yu have tried your best to be friends with her again, and she still refuses.  Go on with your life.  I know it's easy to say, but all this sadness i being caused by a supposed friend.  friends don't do that to each other. keep  your head up

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Lost Friends

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary