navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » another fallen angel
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic another fallen angel Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada

0 posted 2000-10-31 09:37 PM

Well this is an old poem from righ t after my bestfriend died, its kinda like an epitaph i don't know...~Ina~sorry about the title didnt know what to call it

I never thought
forever would end, weren't
we suppose to stay
together through everything
life and death
Leaves rustled,snow came,
rain blew away my happiness
Our friendship died like a broken
heart, like a raven's wing
never getting fixed
letting the pain seep through
This pain ate away ate my soul
bringing me into the depths of
black unhappiness, I couldn't
drag you down with me,
because you have lost so much,
please it was never your fault,
it just weren't meant to be,
we loved the wrong people, the
wrong things
making you and me
the missing pieces of the
puzzle,  the missing links to
the watch but we both
know that together
we never failed
I'm sorry for what has become
espaically since i broke your
heart and I broke a promise
You know I love you
but it's time to say
good bye.......

© Copyright 2000 Regina Levy - All Rights Reserved
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
1 posted 2000-11-01 09:15 AM

For this poem I think that the title is perfect...Its hard when you lose someone close to you...I lost a close friend and to this day I still dont want to believe it...Thanks for sharing this...And keep up the good work!!!

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
2 posted 2000-11-01 09:38 AM

Just keep her alive in your heart, that's all that matters.  Just because she's gone, it don't mean you can't talk to her anymore.  You know what i mean.  Talk to her and listen to the silence, as the wind breezes by, you'll hear him/her answering back.

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
3 posted 2000-11-01 02:45 PM

The part below made me think that what you were saying was so natural, like it will always happens just as nature changes. Ok, sorry, that was a deep moment for me.  Anyway, good job on the poem and I'm sorry to hear about your loss.  And I really like the words in acire's response, let your friend live on.

"Leaves rustled, snow came,
rain blew away my happiness"

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

sweetstuff101
since 2000-07-27
Posts 375
OK, USA
4 posted 2000-11-01 04:07 PM

This poem is excellent. I really liked it. I can relate, as I'm sure almost anyone can, to losing a best friend. Whether it be death or just getting in a stupid arguement that was enough to put space between two best friends. I hope all is working out well for you. Great poem, keep writing!

Much love,
  ~*~Sweetstuff~*~

~*~ YeStErDaY iS tHe PaSt, 2mOrRoW iS ThE fUtUrE, ToDaY iS a GiFt, ThAt'S wHy We CaLl iT ThE pReSeNt. ~*~

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2000-11-01 05:38 PM

Well this was great.....i hope all is well and keep it up up up up up up up up!!!!!!!

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » another fallen angel

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary