navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » its a poem dedicated to a friend
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic its a poem dedicated to a friend Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada

0 posted 2000-10-29 01:01 PM

Note: I decided to write about my bestfriend Jillian who killed herself, not to long ago,along with her best friend,me. I am not gloryfing suicided or going to tell u a gory story. I just want u to rethink before u go and think about killing yourself...its not a story just the truth

Playing games having
fun was how we spent
our childhood,
never did we realize
that the day would
come when we both
decided it was time
to end it all
sitting in her
basement playing
the wild game
of russian roulette
knowing very well what
was going to happen
the white blank look
on her face
the redness staining her
shirt
how could u have done this?
every breeze,wind,storm
and sun shower reminds me of u
~Ina~

© Copyright 2000 Regina Levy - All Rights Reserved
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 posted 2000-10-29 01:25 PM

Geesh, this was pretty sad. The very ending made a impact on me. Good job on the poem, sorry about the friend.

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
2 posted 2000-10-29 01:46 PM

I don't think this glorifies suicide at all.  I think it's a great example of how tragic and horrifying it is.  It has such an impact on people's lives.  This poem seems very well done to me.  The ending of it kind of gave me the chills, it really tells how suicide is not something you do to yourself, but something you do to everyone that knows you.  

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
3 posted 2000-10-29 03:40 PM

Wow. I too was touched by the ending..and the entire poem. I know many people who have thought about doing this, myself included.. and this just wraps up how tragic it is..thanks for sharing it...

~Carly

The grindstone of life will either polish us or wear us down, depending on what we're made of.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » its a poem dedicated to a friend

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary