navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Tub of Meaning
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Tub of Meaning Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico

0 posted 2000-10-23 06:46 PM

NOTE: Ok well this may seem like it's one of my humurous poems, but it's not. It's kinda funny i guess...cuz it's weird. It makes me laugh sometimes when i pop out of the deep meaning. But...here you go:

Tub of Meaning:

You're standing on my foot.
I'm naked in the tub.
I know you see the light,
But that's just me.

Life is circular.
We're all clay squares.
It's everything you fear.
It's me in the tub.

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

© Copyright 2000 Pepe de la Muerte - All Rights Reserved
Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
1 posted 2000-10-23 07:25 PM

Aiight I gotta admit I'm confused. Then again I AM dumb sometimes...but anyways, it was a cool poem..even tho I didn't interpret it well I'm sure...

~Carly

The people walking in darkness
have seen a great light;
on those living in the land of the shadow of death
a light has dawned.
~Isaiah 9:1-2

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
2 posted 2000-10-24 03:31 PM

Well I don't get it either.  so, like you seem to have to do a lot with me (yeah, i'm kinda slow sometimes), can you help me out??    I mean, I get some of it and have a thought of the meaning, but maybe I'm way off from what you meant.  anyway, uh...yeah. < !signature-->

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

[This message has been edited by Lakewalker (edited 10-24-2000).]

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
3 posted 2000-10-25 08:06 PM

Ok, I think I do know what he means by this poem....NOT!!!  

I am totally don't get this.

Mind's speach in deaf
Boiled to utter confusion
Am I but stupefied?

Please explain Dopey

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2000-10-25 08:45 PM

OK this is hard, even for me. Sometimes I forget what i was thinking while i write. I mean....one time i wrote that a Carbon 12 molecule was Satin in physical form. I've been searching for 2yrs on what the hell is so satanic about a Carbon 12 molecule..hahaha....true story...but oh well now to the poem.

FIRST STANZA:
When you stand on somebody's foot you really don't notice they are there. It's like....all of a sudden somebody screams out "Ouch!" and you're like....."oh sorry i didnt mean too!"......So it's like.... you're all standing on something that you don't know it's there.
So me being naked in the tub symbolizes the truth....the NAKED truth of whats really out there in the world.
Then it's like....i say "i know you see the light".....the light also symbolizing truth and so on......but then in the next verse i say "but that's just me".....as if to say that i am the light aswell. So it's like.....you see a light....but hey..don't worry buddy...it's me....hehe...following so far? ok!

SECOND STANZA:

Life is circular states that life just goes around and around in this eternal, tidious cycle of nothingness and we just let it go and go like this energizer bunny from hell.

We're all clay squares basically means that we're not living how we should live. We're like these molds made by somebody for their own purpose. LIke we're being controlled....mainly by society and so on.

So then I say "It's everything you fear"....and this is pretty much obvious....but im not reffering to the hell we presumably live in....this conformist BS....the fake life....the circular wrath.... the clay figured sense of things...but what we fear is me in the tub.
Which is TRUTH......

TRUTH IS WHAT WE FEAR!!!!!!! *takes a breath*

BOOYA! DONE!

*pants*

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
5 posted 2000-10-26 03:21 PM

Thanks for the explination

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

6 posted 2000-10-26 08:29 PM

I get it now!!!!  I get it I get it!!!!!!!  Be proud, be very proud.   And I like it too!!  Uh oh go you.  Ahem, great, so keep it up
Bel

vlraynes
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-25
Posts 8229
Somewhere... out there...
7 posted 2000-11-21 04:19 PM

Dopey-
   i really like this..
   it got me thinking, and that's
   always a good thing.  
   enjoyed.

-vicky

"...until you have read the verse on his
heart, you have not truely met the poet."
-vlraynes

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
8 posted 2000-11-25 04:15 AM

I am glad it got you thinkin.....sometimes it gets me thinkin too!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Rhiannon
since 1999-07-28
Posts 95
Fayetteville, TN USA
9 posted 2000-11-25 11:02 AM

You know, I love poems like these.... probably because i've never been able to write them and make them mean anything   good job dopey!
love
leslie

The night is my companion
The solitude my guide
Would I spend forever here
And not be satisfied?
Sarah MacLachlan, "Possession"

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

10 posted 2000-11-25 11:28 AM

Very impressive, my friend. Before I read the explaination, I was lost! I love your symbolism, even though it's confusing to the brainless.   Thanks for posting.

"Where there is great love there are always miracles" -Cather
"Love heals everything, and love is all there is"- Zukav

Greeneyes617
since 2000-11-22
Posts 329
Arkansas
11 posted 2000-11-26 02:29 AM

I am new on Passions and have only read a few of your poems. I am very impressed. You are a very talented person. I look forward to reading more of your work.

CareBear3
since 2000-11-20
Posts 39
New Hampshire
12 posted 2000-11-26 11:52 AM

I liked this a lot.  I read it and then I sat and thought about it.  I read the first stanza and I came away with almost a knock on society.  You have this person stepping on people and hes too busy to see what hes doing because hes searching for the truth but in fact the truth lies in the people that hes stepped upon.  I just thought it was great!

~CareBear

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
13 posted 2000-11-26 04:16 PM

Well thank you everybody. I didn't think this poem would do much of anything to anybody. I think the explanation is what got to some people. A lot of my past poems are even deeper than this but got NOTHING from anybody haha.....i think my deepest poem i ever wrote....i posted it on here and it got like 3 replies or something. I was pissed but hey, that's life. I even said "this is one of my deepest poems" AHHHHHH!!!! haha.
Anyway I am very happy that you all took the time to read this short poem of mine.
I don't particularly like it, but hey!

Thanks!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
14 posted 2000-11-26 07:40 PM

hey there.
I thought this one was intersting....
I espaically liked the part of the last stanza
"Life is circular.
We're all clay squares.
It's everything you fear."
good job
Regina

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Tub of Meaning

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary