navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » I don't need you anymore
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic I don't need you anymore Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
poe_32
since 2000-04-01
Posts 179
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

0 posted 2000-10-12 12:33 PM

No more tears
and no more fears now
because I'm free from you

my life is going to change now
and it will get better
and I'll stay strong each day

no more crying my eyes out over you
no more painful memories
no more feeling hurt

I don't need you anymore
because I'am giving up on you
I'm tired of standing in the dark
waiting for you to turn the light back on for me

I need to go on with my life now
and my life won't include you anymore
so this is my goodbye to you

goodbye to what our friendship use to be
goodbye to the person you use to be

I hope one day maybe you'll change
and realize what you've lost
because I won't come back this time

this time I won't wait for you to come around
I won't wait for you to see
thast I'am your only best friend out there

the pages in our book
the story of our friendship
has come to the ending

it maybe a sad ending
but it is time to put our book down
and to close it for good

I hope your life will be better than it use to be
and I hope you succeed in all your dreams

don't forget me
or our story
and remember to allways smile
because I allways loved you more when you smiled

I know you'll never read this
but if you do
I want you to understand how hard it is
for me to let you go

I never thought this day would have come
and I dreaded it if it ever did
but it's come to that day now
and I will hold my head up high
bit my lip
maybe ever cry
and then I'll say goodbye

Life isn't about holding grudges or starting fights life is meant to be enjoyed

© Copyright 2000 Jessica Bjarnason - All Rights Reserved
Pixie-Babe03
since 2000-08-29
Posts 387
Central Maine
1 posted 2000-10-12 07:59 AM

Poe-
this situation in short sucks... i have been there myself and it is so hard to give up a friend you love but sometimes it has to be done, and it hurts like hell... great poem... you did a really good job expressing your feelings here.  keep it up  
~*pIXIE*~

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
2 posted 2000-10-12 03:45 PM

This definately is a very unfortunate situation! I hate losing/giving up on friends. Their so precious and now we need them more in our life than ever before. But everything happens for a reason and hopefully you 2 will do do better on your own. Very good poem =o)
poe_32
since 2000-04-01
Posts 179
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
3 posted 2000-10-12 05:10 PM

Thanks guys for your replies and I'm glad you all liked the poem. I wish it could work out, but like I said it is time to say goodbye.  smiles §¤poe¤§

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2000-10-12 10:03 PM

well i hope everything ends up will in the end. Good luck bud......nice poem!

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

poe_32
since 2000-04-01
Posts 179
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
5 posted 2000-10-13 02:16 AM

Thanx Dopey, I'm glad you enjoyed the poem, and I do hope so too that everything will work out.  smiles ¤poe¤

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
6 posted 2000-10-13 03:27 PM

You seem to have a positive attitude, and that's great.  This poem is nice, well, not nice, it's sad, but it's good is what I meant.  Ok, I'm rambling now, so.....good job

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

poe_32
since 2000-04-01
Posts 179
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
7 posted 2000-10-13 04:56 PM

Thanx Lakewalker for your reply, I'm glad you liked my poem.  smiles ¤poe¤

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
8 posted 2000-10-13 06:35 PM

I understand this... I can completely relate.
Sometimes a friendship just needs to end... it kinda sux, and it really hurts. I've given more friends up than I care to recall... Good luck to you.
Jenn

"He's mastered the art, of looking sincere, his eyes have a way, of making you stay, don't look in the mirror"- Chely Wright

poe_32
since 2000-04-01
Posts 179
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
9 posted 2000-10-16 01:55 AM

Thanx Jenn for your reply, it does suck giving up on friends but it is a part of life and learning from life, so I just have to get through it.  smiles ¤poe¤

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
10 posted 2000-10-16 03:07 PM

I gave up on my best friend for something I now think was really stupid...And thankfully we are now friends again...It was so hard without her...I mean I was able to talk to my boyfriend but it wasnt the same...And the only reason we started talking again was because something bad happened to a friend of ours...Sometimes though its for the better...Thanks for sharing this poem...

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

poe_32
since 2000-04-01
Posts 179
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
11 posted 2000-10-16 07:13 PM

Yeah I know what you mean, I've had to give up on her before but we ended up being best friends again, but she wants to talk to me about something but I don't know what it is yet, so I guess I'll just have to see then.  smiles ¤poe¤

keoni
since 2000-10-16
Posts 850
Up in the mountains in the NFC
12 posted 2000-10-16 07:24 PM

I am new to this forum but I wanted to let you know that I enjoyed you're poem immensly. I am going through a tough time like this right now. I need to let go but I can't get away. I feel so trapped. I just thought that this poem related to my situation alot and I wanted to let you know that it's very good
                                   Keoni

poe_32
since 2000-04-01
Posts 179
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
13 posted 2000-10-18 12:11 PM

Thanks, I'm glad you liked my poem. It is a very hard situation to deal with, but I have to get through it. Welcome to Passions and I hope you enjoy it here, everyone is so nice here you'll love it and never want to leave, believe me. If you ever need to talk to someone I'm here, as well as everyone else in Passions, just come to us and we'll try to help you, we're like a family here. So I hope to see some of your poems soon.  smiles ¤poe¤

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
14 posted 2000-10-18 10:22 AM

I really like your style in writing.  This poem has short chopping lines.  What i mean is that the lines are short but it's straight to the point.  The reader now exactly what yu mean by it right away.  Good work

This is a bad situation for anyone to go thru.  But, I'm glad that yu've decided to keep your head up high.  Never let anyone make yu feel that you're half the person you are.  And if they tro to, they don't deserve to be around you.

Keep up the good work and keep sharing

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

poe_32
since 2000-04-01
Posts 179
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
15 posted 2000-10-19 12:28 PM

Thanks for your reply acire, I'm glad you like my work. It is a difficult situation like I've said before, but I can get through it, I've been tough so far so I think I can handle the rest. thanks again  smiles ¤poe¤

luvnkris
since 2000-08-31
Posts 144
Perth, Australia
16 posted 2000-10-19 05:24 AM

i know what you're going through as well. Its sort of happening to me at the moment too. My best friend thinks she's losing me! but i don't want her to think that.
I think she is thinking that because i spend a lot of time with my bf. but i'll still always have time for her! i just wish she'd realise it.
anyways, nice writing! i can so relate and i loved it!  
Luv Jo
xoxoxox

* never live a second without being grateful for all you have around you*

poe_32
since 2000-04-01
Posts 179
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
17 posted 2000-10-19 05:07 PM

Thanks for your reply luvinkris, I'm glad you liked my writing, good news is that me and my friend decided today that we need to talk and work things out. Hopefully everything will work out. thanks again  smiles ¤poe¤

jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
18 posted 2000-10-19 09:30 PM

friendship is a virtue, you need to hang on to it and that seems like what you want to do, great poem and I hope things work out.

jeremy r

"...if you've never met me, then you've no right to judge me. I have a good heart, but this heart can get ugly." ~DMX~

poe_32
since 2000-04-01
Posts 179
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
19 posted 2000-10-20 02:08 AM

Thanks jeramy for your reply, I'm glad you like the poem, and I'm pretty sure things will get better between me and my friend. Right now we are in the process of working on that. Thanks again,  smiles ¤poe¤

poe_32
since 2000-04-01
Posts 179
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
20 posted 2000-10-24 12:17 PM

Well good news guys, if you really want to know, me and my friend did work things out and we're best friends again. I just hope that I'll never have to go through that ever again because it really isn't fun. But I'm happy now, things are getting really good in my life so I'm very happy. Thanks guys again for your replies and support, I really appreciate it a lot!!!! smiles ¤poe¤

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » I don't need you anymore

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary