navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » If Only...
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic If Only... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Fearless_Angel
since 2000-10-03
Posts 57
Calgary, AB Canada

0 posted 2000-10-09 10:07 PM

If Only

If only you could see inot my heart,
And feel my pains.
If only you could read the lines in my soul.
Then you'd see,
The hurt and pain that you cause me.

I want to give up,
I try to survive,
But still my love is gone.

If only I could have seen the future,
Life would have been better.
I would have never loved,
I would not have let myself be tempted,
I should have closed my eyes,
I should have blocked it out.

If only I did,
If only I listened to what you said,
If only I tried to stay alive,
If only I could have loved,
If only I could live again,
If only...

[This message has been edited by Fearless_Angel (edited 10-09-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Annnie - All Rights Reserved
Caz
since 2000-09-13
Posts 133
ConcepciĆ³n, Chile
1 posted 2000-10-09 10:48 PM

Hey Angel... well first of all I'm not Michele, my name is CristiĆ”n  lol.
I liked your poem a lot, I don't know why I liked it, it has something, I read it twice but I can't figure out what it is... it has some kind of mistery, maybe even darkness. Why don't you send me an email... this time to my email lol mad_bones@hotmail.com to explain the background of this poem. I'm very intrigued about it. And maybe I could help if there's something wrong.
Well, bye and hope to see you soon,
Your friend,
                 Caz

It's been raining since you left me.

sweetstuff101
since 2000-07-27
Posts 375
OK, USA
2 posted 2000-10-09 11:01 PM

something about your poem just draws me to it, probably because what you are saying, feels like what I am going through right now.Well great poem, keep writing!!

Much Luv,
Priscilla

~*~ YeStErDaY iS tHe PaSt, 2mOrRoW iS ThE fUtUrE, ToDaY iS a GiFt, ThAt'S wHy We CaLl iT ThE pReSeNt. ~*~

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
3 posted 2000-10-10 01:27 PM

Very emotional piece.  I like the style of writing that you used in this poem.  Hope you feel better soon.  Keep writing my friend

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
4 posted 2000-10-10 02:55 PM

Lots of people go through "if only"'s.  I hope if this is how you're feeling that you feel better soon.  Anyway, I like the poem a lot  < !signature-->

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

[This message has been edited by Lakewalker (edited 10-10-2000).]

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2000-10-10 03:01 PM

You know........the If only problems suck. But you know what i think sucks more..... The Coulda beens.......and especially the Shoulda beens....oh and dont forget the maybe-coulda-possibly's.... bad bad all bad!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
6 posted 2000-10-10 03:57 PM

I thought that this was an amazing poem. It really described a lot of what i've been feeling lately as you know. Excellent poem..I loved it!

"If only I could have seen the future,
Life would have been better.
I would have never loved"

I loved that part!!

Fearless_Angel
since 2000-10-03
Posts 57
Calgary, AB Canada
7 posted 2000-10-10 07:22 PM

Hey everyone:
    I'd just like to thank you for taking the time to read my work! I really appreciate it!

Caz:
   I'm really sorry about the name thing. I know what I've been doing now...A little mix up! Sorry...I pormise I'll e-mail you soon ok? Thanks!

Sweetstuff:
   Thanks fo coming by to read, I'll try to give you a reply to your question soon...I'll e-mail you okies?

Acire:
   Thanks for all your encouragement!

Lakewalker:
    You know that I'll always keep your adivce in mind!

Dopey_Dope:
    Thanks for reminding me, maybe I'll write about them too! LOL...Joking...! TTYL!

Keep writing and reading everyone and thnaks for coming by!

Lotsa Love,  ~***~
       Angel (^_~)

Fearless_Angel
since 2000-10-03
Posts 57
Calgary, AB Canada
8 posted 2000-10-10 07:23 PM

Hey everyone:
    I'd just like to thank you for taking the time to read my work! I really appreciate it!

Caz:
   I'm really sorry about the name thing. I know what I've been doing now...A little mix up! Sorry...I pormise I'll e-mail you soon ok? Thanks!

Sweetstuff:
   Thanks fo coming by to read, I'll try to give you a reply to your question soon...I'll e-mail you okies?

Acire:
   Thanks for all your encouragement!

Lakewalker:
    You know that I'll always keep your adivce in mind!

Dopey_Dope:
    Thanks for reminding me, maybe I'll write about them too! LOL...Joking...! TTYL!

Keep writing and reading everyone and thnaks for coming by!

Lotsa Love,  ~***~
       Angel (^_~)

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
9 posted 2000-10-10 09:00 PM

Good poem... I too hate the 'if only' parts of our lives.... The road not taken.... and such. But all things happen for a reason, he/she's tought you a lesson... you've learned by experience, that is soooo important to have! (I'm assuming it's a he, but ya never know)
Kudos!- Jenn

"He's mastered the art, of looking sincere, his eyes have a way, of making you stay, don't look in the mirror"- Chely Wright

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » If Only...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary