navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » i need your help guys, please
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic i need your help guys, please Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Vball Chickie1624
since 2000-05-14
Posts 116
New York

0 posted 2000-10-08 10:43 PM

I smile,
at the thought of you.
My heart jumps,
at the sight of you.
And I ignore everything around me,
at the momemt you start to talk.

Some would say I'm in love,
And I would agree.
We had so much fun together.
Until you found out,
That I really wanted to be more.
At that point in time,
Friends wasn't enough for me.
But now all I want is,
That friendship back.

Now I cry,
at the thought of you.
I look the other way,
at the sight of you.
And I want to leave,
At the moment you start to talk.

So I'm asking you,
How do I get our friendship back?
How do I undo what's already been done?
But most importantly,
How do I get my heart to un-love you?

What do you guys think? I don't know if I like it, lol....help me out...please be honest and just tell me what you think...love, Danielle

"I Told Him I Loved Him and the feelings were mutual...He Loved Himself too."

© Copyright 2000 Danielle DuFour - All Rights Reserved
LoveAll
since 2000-05-24
Posts 148
B'dale, USA
1 posted 2000-10-08 11:07 PM

Hey girl~
I'm new to the teenage poetry forums...but I'd thought I would reply to yours!
It is a really wonderful poem!  But more importantly, I know you can handle this situation!  I understand what you are going though, but just give it time.  Things always have a way of working out, and even though you may not see the reason why now, you will later.  Trust me on this one, my eyes were just opened tonight about a situation I was dealing with myself.  All things have their purpose!  Just have faith.  Wonderful poem again...
God Bless and Keep Smiling  

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; run and not grow weary, walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:3

X_me_X
since 2000-08-18
Posts 37

2 posted 2000-10-08 11:13 PM

hey
well i loved you poem it wus very well expressed.
and about ur situation, hey i been there....
it jus takes time u no sumtimes its weird to find out a freind likes you more than a friend and u needa adjust to the idea...maybe it would be better for the friendship to give it some space and when the time is right go right back to bein buds.
trus me it happened to me and its all good now! hope it worx out 4 ya
latez

~All is forgiven but NEVER forgotten~

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
3 posted 2000-10-09 03:58 AM

Danielle... I understand what's going on here.  Don't bring the blame of what happened onto yourself....or him.  Your feelings aren't a "fault" or a "blame", they're your feelings and you can do nothing about them.  However, you can control your words and actions.  What you need to understand is that it's not what you feel that will make the difference in this situation, but how you act towards him.  Just take some time out and work back into his life casually and friendly...in time (and trust me on this), your feelings will take care of themselves.  I hope my magical words of "old guy" wisdom make sense and can help you.  I honestly believe the if you can have such control over your words to write such a pretty poem, you can control this situation like you should...good luck...and remember to trust me with all dillema's that life will bring. If ya want my phn# or to give me yer's, email me....later.

Jeremy

Curse not upon love, for it is the greatest of great things. Be it not love that curses you....but thy lack thereof. -J.D.H.

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
4 posted 2000-10-09 01:14 PM

I'm horrible at giving out advice, and I think the others already covered that.  But I want to tell you I really like this poem, it's awesome   It seemed to really tell how you feel and it flowed well.  Nice writing

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Vball Chickie1624
since 2000-05-14
Posts 116
New York
5 posted 2000-10-09 01:55 PM

Thanks for all the great replies guys!  You guys are awesome, I love you all, lol.  Thanks for the advice, and I've decided to take some of it, lol...I stopped talking to him as much and gave him his space, he still talks to me, just not as much as he used to, but it's slowly progressing.  I'm glad you guys liked the poem, and once again thanks  

love,
Danielle

Monica Ash
since 2000-10-09
Posts 17

6 posted 2000-10-09 04:59 PM

I thought it was a very good poem I hope you look at mine and tell me what you think it is Second Chance!!!!!! Keep up the good work.
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
7 posted 2000-10-09 09:26 PM

It bothers me that you blame yourself for what had happened to you both.  it's not your fault if you fell for the guy.  One suggestion, talk to him about everything and tell him that its just his friendship that you wish for now.  See what he says.

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
8 posted 2000-10-09 10:13 PM

hmmm, i agree with jeremy, cant blame yourself for what two people have created, very good expression and message, i hope the best of luck

jeremy r

"I will know where I'm headed, 'cause I'm so tired of the suffering,
I stand before you, a weakened version of your reflection."
~DMX~ "Prayer III"

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
9 posted 2000-10-10 03:08 PM

I think the poem is just fine. You portray this sort of person that is in sense of plight. As if to say you have no idea what to do, all this confusion is engulfing your mind, but all you want is that innitial friendship back. How do you get your heart to "un-love"? Who knows, if I knew I wouldn't be in my OWN personal hell right now. But hey, we all go through this stuff. I hope all is well with you and the poem is just fine for what it's trying to portray to the people. Good job!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

sweetstuff101
since 2000-07-27
Posts 375
OK, USA
10 posted 2000-10-10 04:02 PM

that's so sad. I was faced w/ a situation like this one this summer, whether to risk destroying our friendship to have more, or just staying friends b/c I valued his friendship so much. Well I really liked your poem, great job, keep writing!

Much Luv,
  ~Sweetstuff~

~*~ YeStErDaY iS tHe PaSt, 2mOrRoW iS ThE fUtUrE, ToDaY iS a GiFt, ThAt'S wHy We CaLl iT ThE pReSeNt. ~*~

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
11 posted 2000-10-11 06:10 PM

I understand this feeling! Sometimes you need to just tell him, even if it means ruining the friendship... Everything happens for a reason.
Good Luck...
Jenn

"He's mastered the art, of looking sincere, his eyes have a way, of making you stay, don't look in the mirror"- Chely Wright

Vball Chickie1624
since 2000-05-14
Posts 116
New York
12 posted 2000-10-12 10:31 PM

Hey guys! I just wanted to tell you that I sat down and had a long talk with my guy friend and I found out that the reason he was acting like that was because he liked me too, but he couldn't do anything about it because our one of our mutual friends, so it was a really messed up situation, but we had a talk and we've decided just to be good friends like we were before, take it day by day and see what happens! Thanks for all your great replies and advice!

love,
Danielle  

Vball Chickie1624
since 2000-05-14
Posts 116
New York
13 posted 2000-10-12 10:32 PM

Hey guys! I just wanted to tell you that I sat down and had a long talk with my guy friend and I found out that the reason he was acting like that was because he liked me too, but he couldn't do anything about it because our one of our mutual friends, so it was a really messed up situation, but we had a talk and we've decided just to be good friends like we were before, take it day by day and see what happens! Thanks for all your great replies and advice!

love,
Danielle  

IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

14 posted 2000-10-12 11:00 PM

I don't want to give any advice here, in fear of saying the wrong basicly.  But your poem was very well written and expressed your emotions well.  I wish you the best of luck
Jason

"Every body has their destiny...
I'LL CHOOSE MY OWN"
~Hatebreed~
"I am, who I am
and what you think,
I don't give a damn"
Chilli Peppers

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » i need your help guys, please

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary