navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Calling me...
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Calling me... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl

0 posted 2000-09-21 05:19 PM

Well... this has nothing to do with allysa's work... maybe it's inspired by it.  

You say you'll call,
I'm half thrilled.
What can I say? Sometimes I miss you...
Foolishly missing you.

I remember the rough times...
The times you pushed me over the edge.
But sometimes I need your hand to hold.
I can't want this; I swear I don't need you.

If you end up calling me...
What will I tell you? Will it be jibberish?
Will I succumb?
When it really matters... can I just say no?

Why do you always mess with my head?
You always seem to tear apart my will to survive..
Crushing my spirit, and twisting my words.
If you call me, will I stay strong; even if it's for you I do yearn?

* okay... he's not that horrible... but I just am so wierd when it comes to him... I miss some of the good times... but I can never forget the bad.

© Copyright 2000 Jennifer Parker - All Rights Reserved
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
1 posted 2000-09-21 05:35 PM

Well girl I dont know what to say...I mean if this guy is really worth it then he wouldnt do this to you...Sounds like you care about him though...And thats not bad...You really know how to express yourself...Just tell him how it goes with you...

P.S.~~~You said "I miss some of the good times... but I can never forget the bad."

Its good to miss all that stuff...But there is so much that will make you remember all that bad things that happen between the two of you...I mean I remember all the good times I had with an ex (if thats what you want to call him)...But I will never forget all the pain that I felt either...

Keep up the good work!!!

*Falling in love is when you give someone a piece of your heart, falling out of love is when the piece doesnt fit*

Jenn Cirrincione
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
2 posted 2000-09-21 06:45 PM

Erin- Thank you for your kind words. There is a lot of background with this guy. Good, bad, indifferent... the like. Yea, well he's far away from me now... but he still keeps casual contact... so I have time to forget the bad stuff, and begin to miss him. Esp. when he talks about other women. I have a major jealous streak. He used to find that funny.
thanks again...
Jenn

"He's mastered the art, of looking sincere, his eyes have a way, of making you stay, don't look in the mirror"- Chely Wright

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
3 posted 2000-10-18 08:40 PM

beautifully written poem Jenn.  But please do one thing for me, just remember that nothing's perfect, so there will alwqays be good times and bad times....learn to live thru it

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
4 posted 2000-10-18 08:44 PM

Hey. This was very well written!! Sure there's always going to be bad with good, but why focous on the rainstorm if you're bound to miss the beautiful rainbow??

~Carly

I'm nobody, who are you?
Are you nobody too?
Then theres a pair of us-dont tell!
They'd banish us, you know...

Jenn Cirrincione
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
5 posted 2000-10-19 06:57 AM

Wow, Acire, talk about retrieving something from the grave?  
Thanks for replying though, and I do see good with bad.... I've realized a lot of stuff concerning this guy, and no longer want to be with him. When the bad begins the completely outwiegh the good...you have a problem.
Thanks Child, but he was never a beautiful rainbow!    
Love ya all! (ps. check out my signature.. it reminds me of this guy, if that tells you anything!!)
Jenn

"Guess I'm not smart, I let you un-nerve me, I let you control me; afraid the truth would hurt me, when it's you that hurts me more." TLC

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
6 posted 2000-10-19 04:29 PM

Well this is a good poem   I'm glad you realized what you really feel about this guy.  I think the poem expressed a feeling many people have.  Nice work.

"I can't want this; I swear I don't need you."

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

keoni
since 2000-10-16
Posts 850
Up in the mountains in the NFC
7 posted 2000-10-19 05:15 PM

I enjoyed this poem. The only problem is that if you still have feelings for the person, you tend to cling to the good memories, making these things that much harder, anyways it is a great poem
                                Keoni

Suga_Baby
since 2000-08-06
Posts 380
Maine, USA
8 posted 2000-10-19 09:58 PM

Wow this was GREAT
I could seriously relate 99% to your feelings in that poem... I felt like you took the words right out of my mind! Great job   

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
9 posted 2000-10-20 10:32 AM

Jenn~
I just now read the reply to what I wrote...I know what you are saying about the jealousy...Oh do I...LOL Its ok to be jealous though!!!

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Calling me...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary