navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Eating Disorder
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Eating Disorder Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico

0 posted 2000-09-11 04:32 PM

This poem was written at a time that the closest woman to my heart was going through a certain problem. I wrote this in dedication to every single woman on this planet who feels as though they have to commit to this way of life to feel better about themself. This portray the horrible outcome of what could happen if the problem is not corrected.I wrote it in a basic style. No flowery words or metaphors of any sort.

Eating Disorder: *dedicated to all those women with eating disorders. Snap out of it! You're wonderful just the way you truly are.*

I'm so starving, gonna eat
This diet sucks so I'm gonna cheat.
Filled with food in this little cup
Ate it all, now I'm gonna throw up.

Weight so high, self esteem so low
Food in thought was my only foe.
Body aches, mind with stress
But I could still never confess.

8lbs. gone, stress still there
Living a life of complete despair.
What lead me to this present in time?
Must have been lies that everything was fine.

13 days later, fell to the floor
Too much striving, couldn't take it no more.
Here I lay, death is my fate
Should've listened to him, but now it's too late

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

© Copyright 2000 Pepe de la Muerte - All Rights Reserved
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
1 posted 2000-09-11 04:53 PM

WOW!!!Dopey you have some real talent...I like this one alot...I have never been in a situation like this but I know someone who was...My best friend...But things have changed and she isnt like that anymore...With girls dying like this it is a real eye opener for the ones that do things like this...But I dont think that it is easy to just snap out of it as you put it...Well keep up the good work!!!

~*Each day is a treasure box from God, just waiting to be opened*~

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
2 posted 2000-09-11 04:55 PM

Ohhh, I really like how you've expressed these feelings.  Great job writing this one!
Virgin Suïcide
since 2000-08-11
Posts 319
Netherlands
3 posted 2000-09-11 04:58 PM

been there, done that....

luv, Virgin Suïcide...

I dream about how it's gonna end
Approaching me quickly
Living a life of fear
I only want my mind to be clear...
~*~silverchair, suicidal dream~*~

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

4 posted 2000-09-11 05:09 PM

Dopey- Wow it's a great poem.  You should read my first few, they're on the same subject.  You might not know that much about me, seeing as you haven't been posting for long-at least not on this forum....but I can say that I can relate so well to this poem, except I don't purge.  I've never been diagnosed with an eating disorder though.  I like how you said "snap out of it."  Don't take me wrong, I am by no means jumping down your throat here, but it's not quite that easy darling.   But anyway, muy bein, hasta luego mi amigo
Bel

Beautiful is empty
Beautiful is free
Beautiful loves no one
Beautiful stripped me
-"Beautiful" CREED

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
5 posted 2000-09-11 05:51 PM

Nice poem...sadly expessed, been there done that more than once. And still doing that. like they've all said, it's not that easy. Being a model, I have even more pressure to be perfect! I am in no way shape or form fat! I weigh 93 pounds(and I'm 5'5), I just find it something that I can control. I doubt it's easy for you to understand. I'm sorry to hear of this story!! I hope all is well with you. And keep them coming! It's nice to see them from you.
Love Always
~*~Jessica~*~
< !signature-->

If aLl My FrIeNdS JuMpEd OfF a BrIdGe, I WoUlDn'T JuMp WiTH ThEm BeCaUsE I'd Be At ThE bOtToM tO CaTcH ThEm.  

[This message has been edited by StarPryncess17 (edited 09-11-2000).]

Allysa
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
6 posted 2000-09-12 03:41 PM

Wow. this girl who went to my school and was my friend was bulimic and no one ever knew until she said she needed help. And then it became clear to us of why she went to the bathroom everyday after lunch. Never thought much about being bulimic or anorexic myself. I like food to much and I hate throwing up. But anyways, how's the poem about the spoon comin'??????? Much love, Allysa

Don't wander throught this glassy surface, expecting to find more than me, because what I am without a purpose, but a lone mirage to see.

aRiEsAnGeL
since 2004-03-04
Posts 53
Florida
7 posted 2004-12-02 02:50 PM

OMG....sounds exactly like me,lol.I have a really bad problem with this and i am only 16.I wish i could love myself the way i am....but i cant.Everyone syas i am beautiful....but,no, i dont see it.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Eating Disorder

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary