navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Hope is what makes us sad
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Hope is what makes us sad Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S

0 posted 2000-06-22 02:48 AM

well as you know i tend to right sad poems with some type of inner meaning so here is another one.

Dreams are dreams
That have no place in
       reality
  They never come true
    But what do we
         Do
   Stand here hoping
      Like fools
         And
  Hope is all we have
         And
  Hope is what makes
         Us
         SAD

© Copyright 2000 E'Val - All Rights Reserved
Ethan Halo
since 2000-04-28
Posts 793
on the roof again
1 posted 2000-06-22 03:08 AM

excellent piece and excellent point. hope makes us sad, but sometimes hope is the only thing driving us. hope does make ME sad, but i'vegrown accustomed to both of those things being the constants in my life. wonderful expression, and again, great style.

We all got somethin' we need to atone for.

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

2 posted 2000-06-22 11:13 AM

Wonderful thoughts, my friend. True, dreams and hope can make us sad, but at times, they are the only things that sustain us.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde
"The robbed that smiles steals something from the thief" -Shakespea

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
3 posted 2000-06-22 01:36 PM

Very nice point friend, but at the same time...Hope is what inspires us. It's what gives us motivation to aspire. Nice work! I can always count on you to tell us how it is. Love Always~*~Jessica~*~

~*~Love is the product of our dicontentment with ourselves~*~
~*~SMILE! It makes your butt shine!~*~

Lani_DarkOne
since 2000-05-28
Posts 152
UK
4 posted 2000-06-22 01:56 PM

I know and completely agree with you...
Sorry...I can't say any more..have to go.

Xeonox
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-04-01
Posts 1764
CA, USA
5 posted 2000-06-23 12:07 PM

I see some common ground in your poem with the one I wrote. Thank you for reading my poems and leaving comments. I appericiate it more than you can know. Thank you once again

Ronil (What I say I live by and what I live by is what I create).

MysticalAngel
since 2000-06-22
Posts 23

6 posted 2000-06-23 12:50 PM

Lovely poem... Very inspirational. Hope can have it's up's and down.... but I do agree that hope is what drives us to do some of the things that we don't regret. I guess life is just full of chances. Oh and one more question... would by any chance Jerimiah.. Do you go to Midwest City High? Just wondering. Thanks... MysticalAngel
Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
7 posted 2000-06-23 01:09 AM

thank you all for your replies and i regret to inform you mysticalAngel that i don't go there i live in FL and go to central high but i might be moving over the summer and then who knows where i'll go.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

MysticalAngel
since 2000-06-22
Posts 23

8 posted 2000-06-23 01:12 AM

okay thanks for replying... I know a person where i live named jeremiah johnson... thought it could possibly be the same person in this big wide world! bye bye... mysticalangel
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
9 posted 2000-06-23 03:55 AM

well what can i say??? very nice poem...BEAUTIFUL...well i dont think that hope make me sad i think that it actually disappoints me more...frustrates me...but what you said about dreams that is the truth most of the time...they dont belong here in the world full of reality...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

kynder
since 2000-04-11
Posts 537
Tallahassee, Florida
10 posted 2000-06-23 05:18 AM

yes jaybean, hopes unrealized can cause dreams to be dashed.  i agree, it lifts us up and at the same time, beats us down.  good job!!  

love always,
kynder

Across the gateway of my heart,
I wrote "No Thoroughfare!!"
But love came laughing by and
Cried "I enter everywhere!!!"

Herbert Shipman

Tamma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-01-17
Posts 794
In His Arms, Harpers Ferry, WV
11 posted 2000-06-23 09:14 PM

I love your poetry, and i finally have tyme to tell ya after all my running. Did ya ever get my email?

(if ya ever wanna chat, you can IM me on AOL: sexikitticat -or- Poetic Bliss 82)

AniKay83
since 2000-06-28
Posts 388
Missing Since 1999
12 posted 2000-06-30 01:58 AM

If hope makes us sad, then I'm the saddest person I know cause all I really have is hopes and dreams! But it is a good point, and an even better poem.

"Lost somewhere in yesterday's sorrows,
comes unhealthy aching for tomorrows.
Really when we lost our way,
Was when we lost sight of today..."
~Kay

"I'm sorry for telling u love was unnecessary... making u lose ur way. I'm sure I'll be as sad as u feel."
~Touch and Go

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
13 posted 2000-07-01 03:13 AM

Jer Jon, first...thank you dearly for all of your support and kind words.  You truly flatter me.  You are the better writer and that is obvious...that only makes your praise more inspiring.  btw... who gives a **** what your friends think about writing poetry.  The only reason they don't do it is because they aren't good at it.  Seriouly...if a person can sing, do they do it...yes.  If a person can play piano, do they do it...yes.  A person who can't is so muc hmore likely to just say that it's a waste of time.  Never stop writing...it would be a shame.  As for your poem, I see your point about hope bringing sadness...but it's not the hope that does it, it's the dissapointment in our failures, or futile hope.

Jeremy D. Halstead

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
14 posted 2007-11-19 08:11 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Hope is what makes us sad

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary