navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » At last, the "REAL" poem you've all wanted to see!
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic At last, the "REAL" poem you've all wanted to see! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico

0 posted 2000-09-01 06:06 PM

Yes, well....a lot of controversy has been brought about with my fun, witty, fantastic poems of ...uh......funness? Ok so this poem is from my 4th Wave. I have more than 300+ poems on my comp. so if you want any new onez i got e-mail me!

Perspectives:

It's all so beautiful.
The run down homes, the uncut lawns,
The smog, and not to mention worldwide terrorism.
Such a wonderful, majestic land to hold so dear to our hearts.
Yet so is our awaited purgatory.

I'm a man with self knowledge
Who has achieved a happy medium
With the lords of sarcasm and witt.
Binding only to form an illusion
Of a man with a book in one hand
And a torch in the other.

Two faced society, internal revenue,food stamps.
What of them?
What ever happened to giggling at your mothers weird faces
To brighten up a sad moment because you lost an action figure?
It's all in the past, and we are too old to giggle.
Too old to understand the perspective that only kids can.
The perspective that children see the world like a philosopher
And the rest of us are trapped in an un-noticed hell called society.

ok!! So there you go folks, the SERIOUS poem you've all wanted to see. I know that i seem a bit odd, but.....do you expect me to be normal? If you do, HA! Anyway i'm here to spicen things up.
Oh yea, and the thing i said about the LOVEs loss and love poems.....go for it...i love them......i just get sick of EVERY SINGLE POEM being about love, ya know? So ......im going to put poems that are NOT about love. i got some love poems......maybe you'll see them some day!
Ok so yea, dont hate me people, im just that hot pepper in your taco you were taught to hate, but learn to love!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

© Copyright 2000 Pepe de la Muerte - All Rights Reserved
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
1 posted 2000-09-01 07:10 PM

This was very different Dopey...I try to write about other things then just what I am feeling...But its so hard for me to get the words to sound right together...Well I cant wait to read some more of your un~love poems...

~*~TrUe LoVe Is ThE cLoSeSt ThInG tO hEaVen~*~

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2000-09-01 08:12 PM

OK yes, well It was different and that was the point. Anyway it sure is a "un-love" poem....but i like to classify it as a poem against society. Now.....I don't write about things I don't feel. I feel this. But heyyyyyyyyy.....im just that one kid who likes to cause chaos eh? Ok anyway....if any of you would like to see my pic..which im sure you would.....check it out at: http://members.xoom.com/biohazard200/dopey/dude.jpg

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Jose Marti
since 2000-07-01
Posts 374
washing DC
3 posted 2000-09-01 11:50 PM

Great poem. I agrre that there'snot enough serious poems here. I'm tired of reading so many love poems too. I don't think I've even posted half of the serious poems I've written. Que bueno que eres boriqua, un hispano mas, is always welcome. by the way, I used to live in San Juan.
Salooma
since 2000-01-28
Posts 781

4 posted 2000-09-02 12:44 PM

This was absoulutly magnificent! You don't get this often, the vision...completly true. I loved this....I loved the truth in it.
"It's all in the past, and we are too old to giggle.
Too old to understand the perspective that only kids can."

Keep these ones coming....serious it is!

Salma

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2000-09-02 02:10 PM

Thank you jose and salma for your wonderful compliments. I was beginning to think I was unappreciated here. As if the only thing that people cared about were these love poems and such. Now, don't get me wrong, I have plento of them myself. Hehehe anyway, I'm very happy you liked the poem. I'll keep posting thanks to you guys. Adios

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
6 posted 2000-09-02 02:26 PM

Applause!!! Very nicely penned DopeyDude! It's indeed a sad tale when we've grown too old to remember the simple things we appreciated so long ago. A great statement on today and society ... very well done!  

Best wishes,
/Kit

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
7 posted 2001-09-23 01:03 PM

Jeez....this is some hard hitting stuff, Dopes. I LOVE it though!  
Society IS hell and it always will be hell. Too many standards and too many different opinions on how the world should work when in reality it's all about conformity. Bah to that!

You should repost this. Everyone would get a kick out of it.  

Take care, buddy.

~AF~

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree, merry, merry king of the bush is he. Laugh! kookaburra LAGUH! Kookaburra how gay your life must be.

Kandi
since 2000-06-14
Posts 354
North of Hell
8 posted 2003-05-27 05:49 PM

Ahhh....feel that? That's a breath of fresh air, courtesy of you. Thanks!
I loved this poem. The subject itself was unique and you wrote it out perfectly. Excellent job here.
Ewww...oreo aftertaste in my mouth...hate that. Anyhoo, yeah, me like this one. Me like it very much.
Kay

The day you were born, you were born free
That is your privilege.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » At last, the "REAL" poem you've all wanted to see!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary