navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Fate
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Fate Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S

0 posted 2000-06-28 02:20 AM

I was born to this
       World
And one day will be
       erased
   So is this that
       Great
       Thing
     They call
       Fate?

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

© Copyright 2000 E'Val - All Rights Reserved
lotharingia
since 2000-06-04
Posts 897
saarbruecken, Germany
1 posted 2000-06-28 03:46 AM

Hmmm, that's one way of putting it, I guess. But don't forget about all the things that happen inbetween  
great poem, as usual!

Lotharingia
"For God's sake, he's a poet. Poets are meant to feel miserable. Otherwise, what the hell are they here for? What are they going to write about?"
Tom Holland

Deborah1
since 2000-06-22
Posts 653
New Hampshire
2 posted 2000-06-28 07:57 AM

I can't tell you how many times I have asked that question, but never in that form, that was very very good!!
kynder
since 2000-04-11
Posts 537
Tallahassee, Florida
3 posted 2000-06-28 09:15 AM

yes is it, or is it the destiny you are making for yourself??  aaaaaaahhhhhhhh the never ending loop, where do i get off at??  great great inward piece here, jaybean.  lovin it like i love you!!!! yaaaaa hoooooo!!!!!

kynder

Across the gateway of my heart,
I wrote "No Thoroughfare!!"
But love came laughing by and
Cried "I enter everywhere!!!"

Herbert Shipman

LarBear
since 2000-06-23
Posts 138
Kingston, New York
4 posted 2000-06-28 09:26 AM

Jeremiah,

Very simply put.
I agree, but dont leave yourself to this fate. Live life, for fate is more than the end, maybe, just maybe, it is the begining.

Love makes the world smile

LarBear  

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
5 posted 2000-06-28 03:56 PM

Jeremiah,

Fate is just the road that takes us there my friend.  We choose the path and fate plots the course accordingly.  Great piece.  

LW

Poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings: it takes its origin from emotion recollected in tranquility.
--William Wordsworth

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
6 posted 2001-03-16 04:11 PM

Fate is kind of annoying sometimes, because we don't know what it has in store, and it seems to change all the time. Just when we think we know what's going on, poof, it's different. Nice poem.

Jenn

"I'm a big, big, girl, in a big, big world, it's not a big, big thing if you leave me, but I do feel, that I will miss you much..." Emilia

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Fate

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary