navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » What am I?
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic What am I? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JOY 14
since 1999-09-22
Posts 1419
Wisconsin USA

0 posted 2000-10-18 05:38 PM

I am in the wind
the clouds
the trees
the humming lady bugs
To me
I am in the blood
the mud
the urine stained floor
To you
I am nothing but a body
To you
I am a soul who's uncomfortable with itself
To me
I'm only semi-good to me
I am only nothing
To you
What am I?

© Copyright 2000 Kristen Joy Jacobus - All Rights Reserved
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
1 posted 2000-10-18 11:37 PM

Joy, you are you, a young and blossoming writer, with a beautiful future. You are lots of things. And try not to care what someone elses opinion is. (I said try, I know its almost impossible)
Peace
Sandra / catalinamoon

Jannel
since 2000-01-18
Posts 492
Muncie, IN, USA
2 posted 2000-10-19 01:43 AM

the images are harsh, but in a good way. i completely admire the honesty of this piece. it sort of lays everything out on the table. great job.

jann elizabeth

CrEaTuRe
since 2000-01-01
Posts 260
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
3 posted 2000-10-19 10:22 AM

Great piece of work ... it really hits the spot even if it harsh but the meaning is so right at times it makes us all wonder what do we mean to others.....

Love CoMeS To ThOsE WhO Still HoPe AlThOuGh They've BeeN DiSaPpOiNteD,To ThOsE WhO StiLL BeLiEvE AlThOuGh ThEy'Ve BeeN BeTraYeD,LoVe KeEpS ThEm GoInG

silentsky
since 2000-08-09
Posts 114

4 posted 2000-10-19 01:47 PM

hard to know who or what you are. dont let anyone twist your idea of yourself. you are whole, not broken.
i like your poem..ive felt this way at times..
shira

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
5 posted 2000-10-19 06:10 PM

Don't let anyone make you feel like your not even half the person you are or they are. People like them don't even deserve to be around you at all.  keep ya head up

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
6 posted 2000-10-20 12:23 PM

Be joyous like your name.  You are a wonderful caring person, a great writer and those two alone is enough to start, but you have much more than that going for you.
Don't allow ANYONE to make you feel this way hon, it is a useless circle of self loathing that only kills your self confidence, I've been there I know!!  
So please know you are much more than you portray here, also you are my friend and that in itself is worth a small smile!!
*hugs*
Isis

*Good will towards all beings is the highest religion*
~Isis~Goddess~~Sovereign of the Spirit~

JOY 14
since 1999-09-22
Posts 1419
Wisconsin USA
7 posted 2000-10-20 01:04 PM

What would I do without all of you here? Without this place? I don't visit as often as I should.  I wrote this because at this point in my life I'm at a giant crossroads and am feeling lost and my self confidence is lost, as you can tell by this poem. Thanks for the vote of confidence and your support. That's really all I needed, some kind words. Thank you.  All I really want is to be happy and make a difference in peoples lives. That's my goal right now. But first I have to get up from the dust to do that don't I?

Sandra,
Thank you for saying that. It means a lot.

Jannel,
Yes, I did lay it all out didn't I? Kind of like throwing myself out to the dogs, but I needed to get it out there. Thanks.

Creature,
I wonder too much I think at times about how others view me. I loose sight of how I view me.

Shira,
I'm trying to get whole again. I don't like being around people who "break" me. But right now I have no choie. It's hard.

Acire,
Again, I try to keep my distance from people who make me feel less than who I am. But every day I go to school and it's there and I can't hide from it. But I just enjoy my time away from there.

Isis,
being your friend is worth a smile, for you are one of the most caring people I've met, on and off line. Thanks for being there. Here's that smile.  

Okay, too long of a reply.
Bye ALL! Take care.

Joy

Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
8 posted 2000-10-20 04:09 PM

Joy14,
it's hard when your images of yourself don't match those others see,but it does make for good peotry as this is.

Be well
Kethry.

Growth demands a temporary surrender of security.
Gail Sheehy

taramw
since 2000-06-08
Posts 738

9 posted 2000-10-20 04:21 PM

I like the way you've written this one    Take care! ~ Tara ~

"A poem should not mean, but be" - Archibald MacLeish

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

10 posted 2000-10-20 08:23 PM

You will rise from that dust beautifully, because after all, we all came from it, and in that, we are so much more!
Keep writing.

"When red-haired girls scamper like roses
over the rain-green grass,
and the sun drips honey.""
Laurie Lee

Kathleen

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » What am I?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary