navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Reality Check
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Reality Check Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
tac
since 2000-06-10
Posts 28
New Jersey

0 posted 2000-10-13 01:18 AM

Feelings of I don't belong
like a stranger
in my own home
I wonder

It's like I live another's life
how did I get here
I don't know
I feel so very all alone

I go through the motions
I play the part
but it doesn't feel real
it doesn't feel right

Who am I?
I'm not me
I guess It's plain for all to see
I live this life, it's all a lie...

so cold
so strange
is this a dream
please wake me, I want to be ME

[This message has been edited by tac (edited 10-13-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 tac - All Rights Reserved
carolinadreams
since 2000-07-20
Posts 142

1 posted 2000-10-13 03:39 AM

Your home is only your home if you hold strong. Elements of bad-will find their way into homes of people. I've wondered about how I fit in a home that once felt like home.
It took alot of moving for me, but just and please always remember, home should be comfortable. Sleeping with a comfortable blanket may feel better than trying to sleep with that same blanket, and people you are not comfortable with.

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

2 posted 2000-10-13 05:10 AM

Tac: Home can be many things...I think you can have an emotional home - sometimes far from where you are. Some have a spiritual home; you can have the home that lives inside you...your own personal space. And of course the physical one. Truly - when it isn't great at that one, it can help to find yourself in the other 'homes.'

Great poem, btw - it says it all very well.

K

"He looked across the
silky surface of the Severn...
it was a famously difficult
river with fierce tides..."

From Jack Maggs

tac
since 2000-06-10
Posts 28
New Jersey
3 posted 2000-10-13 10:07 AM

The home I am refering to here is me, the thoughts that are inside my head. It's like I found my way into this body, and this life, yet I don't know how I got here.
As I go through life making choices, sometimes consciously making the wrong ones. Feeling trapped, but staying the course. Not understanding the reasons why I am here. It's like life is living me, and not the other way around. When I feel this way, I get so lonely. Am I alone, does anybody feel like me?
Maybe it's just all a dream. Maybe I'll wake up to a comfortable place, where I really belong. Where I truly have all the love I need. Where I don't have to work so hard to please all those around me. Where I really feel I am home.

Rosebud1229
since 2000-04-05
Posts 1813
North Carolina
4 posted 2000-10-13 10:59 AM

tac don't be perplexed everyone goes through this and I know I have, sometimes we feel like were trying to do so good but things seem to get all jumbled up I find if I find some quiet time to myself and just relax things go alot better, so often if poetry it helps us to open our hearts and pursue ourselves, I think this was a very heartwarming poem, life is a mystery sometimes so we just have to continue to try to unlock the mystery and eventually believe it or not we begin to understand ourselves and once we do that things start making more sense.
kynder
since 2000-04-11
Posts 537
Tallahassee, Florida
5 posted 2000-11-12 07:37 PM

wow tac... you and i are in the same exact place right now... which has prevented me from being able to write, actually.  i feel numb.  you have been able to sort thru it all and create this masterpiece still.  what a read.  thank you for sharing.

kynder

"Full is not heavy as
empty, not nearly, my love,
not nearly...."

Fiona Apple

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Reality Check

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary