navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Nothing to Believe In
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Nothing to Believe In Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
AnGeLiX17
since 2000-06-05
Posts 46
Salisbury, NC

0 posted 2000-10-11 10:06 PM

I was lost
and still not found
I have nothing to believe in
and I'm splattered on the ground

I used to know everything
but that is far gone
now I know nothing
and I was so wrong

Contemplated suicide
had too many things on my mind
lost my faith in all I see
something died, a part of me

I tried to revive myself
but it was all too late
I hate this thing
they call it fate

Now I'm gone
I lost it all
chained my soul
to an iron wall

I can't escape
I'm too far in
if I found myself
I'd be dead within.

*^~Do YoU WoRrY ThAt YoU'rE NoT LiKeD, HoW LoNg TiLL YoU BrEaK, YoU'Re HaPpY CaUsE YoU SmiLe BuT HoW MuCh CaN YoU FaKe?*~^

© Copyright 2000 Kristi - All Rights Reserved
G. A. Webb
since 2000-01-21
Posts 441
Stanton, California, USA
1 posted 2000-10-11 10:25 PM

This is a cool piece. I'll be surprised if they let it stay up due to the content. Good luck and good job.  

G

Regret not that which you have done,
Rather that which you haven't

AnGeLiX17
since 2000-06-05
Posts 46
Salisbury, NC
2 posted 2000-10-11 11:02 PM

This isn't about suicide... the final death, it's about not having anything to believe in, I didn't die in this poem, my soul did.
I hope they don't take this down... I need some replies... I just don't know what to believe... I'm atheist but it feels like something is missing... don't know what it is... I need something, anything at all to have "faith" in, to just believe there is SOMETHING out there to guide me and actually BELIEVE it without having to tell myself over and over... I just don't know what to do about it, I'm so scared of dying, sometimes I stay up till 4 am just thinking about death and what happens, where I'll go or who I'll be when/if there's such a thing as reincarnation, "scared" isn't the word for death... it's total... shocking fear. Really, the only fear is death, I mean, why are we afraid of something? Heights? Afraid we'll fall. Guns? Afraid we'll be shot. Any phobia is the fear of death. We are all so scared and some of us don't even realize our weaknesses. It's crazy man.
lol well anyway... this poem isn't about suicide and you can clearly see that if you look closely, you could actually interpret it in many ways I think...

Kristi

*^~Do YoU WoRrY ThAt YoU'rE NoT LiKeD, HoW LoNg TiLL YoU BrEaK, YoU'Re HaPpY CaUsE YoU SmiLe BuT HoW MuCh CaN YoU FaKe?*~^

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

3 posted 2000-10-12 06:30 AM

Hey Kristi...

(don't worry - it isn't going anywhere...this doesn't call any of Passion's guidelines into question at all   )

Hmmm. A fear of death.
I know, hon, I know.

Been here many times. I think it is very common. And the worst part is searching for answers that just don't come hey?

You know what I did this year? I actually took a University paper called 'The Sociology of death and dying'.

Weird choice for a death phobic like myself.
But it really helped. I don't know why - but it truly did.

Perhaps you could do some reading on the topic? Maybe that sounds horribly morbid but education really can help...it might even give you some answers.

If you want to talk about this at all, feel free to email me.

K

"He looked across the
silky surface of the Severn...
it was a famously difficult
river with fierce tides..."

From Jack Maggs

jlocke
since 2000-09-10
Posts 169
CC,TX
4 posted 2000-10-12 01:04 PM

Well...fear of death...something to believe in...Atheist...

We strive for something, some greater knowledge, some assurance that all will be well in the end.

Some turn to the stories of God. What many don't realize or choose not to realize is that God did not create man...Man created god.  Man did this to give us a greater power, an afterlife, a place where some day we will get all answers.  It has done wonders for many people throughout the centuries, however, it's just stories.

Don't be discouraged...death is life...just as life is death...

Your soul has not died.  If it had your body would not go on.  Body and mind is just a vehicle for the soul.  There is scientific proof that the soul exists and exits the body at the point of death.

Yes, you can know the answers without it just being some words you are asked to believe in.  There are ways of finding the truth.  You just need to know where to start...whom to ask.

This was a very moving poem!  I lived with it for many years.
The truth will set you free.

Love is the law,
Love under will.

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
5 posted 2000-10-12 01:45 PM

jlocke - I'd be really interested in seeing the documentation of this proof. Would you mind posting a link, or emailing me with it? Thank you.

Kristi - I agree wholeheartedly with Severn. We discussed this last night (as we've discussed some of the issues you present here in the past.) And while we don't agree on much, we both do agree that there are no clear-cut answers. We find what we can and interpret it in the manner in which we are best able. I personally am of the mind that for the individual, there is not "wrong" answer. What you determine is right, for you. It may not be right or correct from a worldly point of view, but the world isn't what you have to wake up to each morning. You have to wake up to yourself. YOU are the one who has to look at yourself in the mirror each morning and be ok with who you see there, your decisions and actions.

Basically, what I'm saying, is that while others may help you toward the path on which your answers lie, they can't give them to you. YOU have to find the answers which belong to only you.

Christopher    

[This message has been edited by Christopher (edited 10-12-2000).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Nothing to Believe In

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary