navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Reality...a Check??
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Reality...a Check?? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Scarlet Lady
since 2000-02-11
Posts 242
Midwest

0 posted 2000-09-02 11:18 PM

I write about alot of what I feel or think   one might  "truly"  feel, DEEP inside (hidden from view of  most). But remember  there is also alot of alienation one might personally  feel in a relationship, regardless of the commitment or circumstances,   because we all have feelings we need validated  by our OWN  standards.  We many times  seek that validation in many ways......from others, our outward appearance, our achievements, our successes, and often others opinions????  Yet we go away feeling empty , even though we have seen some results????????      We are in other words living in "REALITY" which shows us that we do not want to see,  trying  all the while to  desperately fulfill a fantasy!!!!   Unfortunately,  our  "fantasies" are not what makes us truly tick,  and they are NOT what  makes  us  TRULY feel  loved and ACCEPTED!!  
Simply put they are an ~~~ILLUSION~~~......only that which   we might "THINK " we see , but really never "truly" see!!!!    I am no ones conscience,   but I have experienced this first hand!  BEEN THERE DONE THAT.......AND I WANT OUT!!!!!!!!!  I know my  validation does not come from others.....but sometimes, boy oh boy,  others sure do help TO MAKE ME *FEEL* LOVED AND WANTED!!  BUT.............. when the dark falls, and NO ONE  IS LEFT.........and you don't feel that validation........how alone you can feel!  So alone with my OWN REALITY and THOUGHTS OF MY DAY..... OF MYSELF........ the idea that I am who  I am..................all I am  supposed to be......... YES......THAT,,,,,,,,, is all I am left with really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....so hence this poem......!!!!!!!!!

All Alone

Once again anticipating
Yet I sit to wait....all alone

Heart on my sleeve dear
Yet my heart yearns....all alone

Waiting for you to respond to me
Yet I wait for an answer....all alone

Can't make the blind  seem to see
Yet I struggle through the dark.... all alone

Screaming loud cries to get your attention
Yet they fall to a deaf ear over and over.... all alone

Remembering  you is so painful to do without choking
Yet  one more desperate search for hope remains....all alone

So,  faced with reality in this world of illusion

That  has been realistically  crashed,
And I am left.....

In REALITY
All alone!

© Copyright 2000 Lynne - All Rights Reserved
Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
1 posted 2000-09-03 04:46 AM

Wow, the intro was longer than the poem I think and VERY LOUD to boot, But... I liked the poem.
Be well
Kethry

"It is the image in the mind that links us to lost treasures;
but it is the loss that shapes the image,
gathers the flowers weaves the garland."-

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
2 posted 2000-09-03 10:31 PM

sometimes, you HAVE to be alone. . . that is the reality. . . it's what you do WITH that reality that will help you create the fantasy that will become your new reality. . .

makes you think. . . well done. . .

-------------------------------------------------------

That which gives light must endure burning
--Victor Frankl

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Reality...a Check??

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary