navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » On A Shelf
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic On A Shelf Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Poetry Princess
since 2000-08-19
Posts 28
Des Moines, IA

0 posted 2000-08-23 05:18 AM

On a Shelf

I have strange thought running
threw my head
And it's really scary because I wish
I were dead

I wish I could explain it and
say how I feel
But when I do everyone acts like
it's no big deal

Somethings are hard to mention
Because they think I want attention

Some people think I am crazy
And others just say I am lazy

But I know that I am sick
And doctors don't do a lick

I have tried to get help many times
I have spent a pretty penny and even some dimes

But I can't do it by myself
So I put all my feelings away on a SHELF

POETRY PRINCESS "Love is a serious thing, and tears is all it will bring, but how do I bring it to an end, and how do I get my heart to mend?

© Copyright 2000 Randi - All Rights Reserved
taramw
since 2000-06-08
Posts 738

1 posted 2000-08-23 06:13 AM

This is real sad.  I hope you are okay.  Sometimes the shelf don't work but... take care.
~ Tara ~

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
2 posted 2000-08-23 08:20 PM

Hi PP, sorry you are so down. Do you have any close friends to talk with? I know the doctors do not always help. If not, you can always find support here. I can't make you   better, but email if you would like to talk just for some moral support.
Take care.
Catalinamoon

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
3 posted 2000-08-23 10:51 PM

PP I too am so sorry to hear you are down.  Do you have friends with whom you can talk?
A family member perhaps???  Sometimes doctors miss things, or don't treat you the way that works for you.  Please email if you need to talk hon.
I understand you are sharing yourself and your feelings here, reaching out, but we have strict guidelines on suicidal posts and I'm gonna have to close this one.  Nothing against you, and please email if you need to talk.
Isis

*Our deeds travel with us from afar, and what we have been makes us what we are..*
~Isis~Goddess~~Sovereign of the Spirit~

Poetry Princess
since 2000-08-19
Posts 28
Des Moines, IA
4 posted 2000-08-28 01:09 AM

Isis and Cat at to whom may read,

I am not suicidal in anyway.  I am sorry if it sounded that way.  I have a muscle syndrome called Fibromyalgia.  I wrote that right after I got diagnosed at age 17. I didn't want to die.  I simply wanted the pain to go away. I was sleeping constantly and never had any energy to do anything.  I am sorry if you misunderstood or if I caused any problems.

Sorry Again,
PP

POETRY PRINCESS "Love is a serious thing, and tears is all it will bring, but how do I bring it to an end, and how do I get my heart to mend?

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
5 posted 2000-08-28 01:27 AM

PP Thanks for filling us in, I understand you perfectly now!!!  Please don't misunderstand Cat and myself, we were just worrying about that special person 'YOU'  

*Our deeds travel with us from afar, and what we have been makes us what we are..*
~Isis~Goddess~~Sovereign of the Spirit~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » On A Shelf

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary