navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #9 » It's a Miracle
Open Poetry #9
Post A Reply Post New Topic It's a Miracle Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
2dalimit
Member Elite
since 2000-02-08
Posts 2228
Mississippi coast

0 posted 2000-09-17 10:00 PM

It’s a Miracle
Balladeer and Long John collided, just the other night.
Both their cars were demolished, it was a terrible sight.
The cars were totaled, they were a mess.
But neither driver was hurt, Oh, thank goodness.
As they faced each other, it occurred to them, although in a daze,
It’s a miracle, we should be friends the rest of our days.
“It’s a sign from GOD”, Long John said, “Look at us. We’re both fine.
Everything else is damaged, except, this one bottle of wine.
It’s our good fortune and we should celebrate”.
He handed the bottle to Balladeer, who drank almost all of it.
Balladeer then said, “ Now, it’s your turn to be thankful you’re alive”.
Long John said with a sneer, “No thank you. I’ll wait until the police arrive”.

© Copyright 2000 Melton Culberth - All Rights Reserved
ggrn3
since 2000-08-17
Posts 433
Nahunta Georgia U.S.
1 posted 2000-09-17 10:39 PM

Melton, Melton, Melton,

It's a big mistake to mess with these guys. If they pen a response, it will be funny and it will be directed at you.  They can really dish it out.  If I were you, I would let them keep directing it towards each other.

But besides the advise above, this was a good poem.(LOL) I rolled over laughing at the last line.  This was great humor.   

Let's just hope Mr. Deer or LgJhnAg do not read it or get a whif from one of the other poets.  You are pretty new and they may consider you fresh prey and go for the kill. I'm telling you, Mr. Deer is dangerous with words as well as LgJhnAg.  You may want to avoid the daggers that they throw at each other being directed at you.

By the way, welcome to passions.

Garfield

jlocke
since 2000-09-10
Posts 169
CC,TX
2 posted 2000-09-18 03:57 PM

Oh No!
You were warned when you wrote "Balladeer –vs- LongJohn" to watch your step.  These two can be vicious.  However, I loved it.(ROFL)

LngJhnAg
Member Elite
since 1999-07-23
Posts 3508
Boot+Kitty=Poetry in motion
3 posted 2000-09-18 04:03 PM

Melton - as you can see from these other posts - I am frequently maligned by naysayers *sniffles*.  I love this poem, especially since I got the upper hand!  Great writing! - Please bookmark this poem for our next Book.  I promise I will vote for it many times (under many different names).  As for retaliation... I'll try to watch your back when that rascally scalawag ne'erdowell Balladeer comes in here.  I'll make sure he reads this poem so he can be reminded that I get the upper hand sometimes heh heh - Long John, yer a master Machiavellian - ol' 'Deer and Melton will be at each other's throats, and you can then march in and take over.  Remember, Melton, I'm your friend  *conspiratorial wink*.
2dalimit
Member Elite
since 2000-02-08
Posts 2228
Mississippi coast
4 posted 2000-09-18 07:52 PM

ggr3,  Thanks for the advice.
jlocke, Thanks. I'm glad you like it.
LngJhn, It was only fair to let you get the best of "deer", here in this one. Thanks.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
5 posted 2000-09-21 09:31 PM

Well, well, well. Thank you, ggr3, for pointing out this little ditty that appeared while I was on vacation. Mr' Melton, I will do my best to make sure you live up to your name.....
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

6 posted 2000-09-21 09:36 PM

hehehe...funny stuff, Melton!

Denise

2dalimit
Member Elite
since 2000-02-08
Posts 2228
Mississippi coast
7 posted 2000-09-21 10:26 PM

Balladeer,
But, you got the upper hand when running for president in "Balladeer vs LngJhn".

Denise,
I thought it was funny, too. Please, help me out when "deer" unleases his wrath.

Melton

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
8 posted 2000-09-21 10:53 PM

Melton, you are right! I had forgotten about that....ok, then, it's a draw...and, even if LJA got the best of me in this one, it WAS funny!  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #9 » It's a Miracle

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary