navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #9 » Once Again (HI FROM CLEMSON!)
Open Poetry #9
Post A Reply Post New Topic Once Again (HI FROM CLEMSON!) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kevin
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-11-02
Posts 729
Torrington, Ct, Usa

0 posted 2000-08-30 01:14 PM

My heart is not the problem
I've ignored it for some time
And love for you can be repressed
Although it is a crime

But last night in subconscious
As I lay helpless still
I watched you come inside my dreams
And yet against my will

For when I woke this morning
To emptiness again
I could not shake the memory
Of things that once had been

My heart has been awoken
And it pains me as we speak
For it knows you're not around me
And I'm slowly growing weak

So I'll try to hide my feelings
And the things that once had been
Until you come inside my dreams
And love me once again.

Hi guys, Havent been on in a while because i just got situated at clemson university, im in my second week of classes and holding up, goin through rush right now and Im probably pledging phi kapa tao if anyone is a brother, ill be on every once in a while, but thank god im drifting away from this infernal machine, hope your all doing well

© Copyright 2000 Kevin Bednarz - All Rights Reserved
Marina
Member Elite
since 2000-02-10
Posts 2245
Pickering, Ontario
1 posted 2000-08-30 01:30 PM

Kevin I am so glad to see you  back Sweetie!  We have missed your wonderful words of wisdom and your gentle touch to poetry.  I hope we see more of you now and good luck in school!!

Marina

It is a blessing to have wings for words, and passion in pen
Marina Crossley

LngJhnAg
Member Elite
since 1999-07-23
Posts 3508
Boot+Kitty=Poetry in motion
2 posted 2000-08-30 01:43 PM

Hey, Kevin.  This poem is a keeper.  As a matter of fact, use it on one or more of your most recalcitrant professors when you're grovelling for an A- instead of a B+.  I like the flow.

Good luck on your pledging - and don't let your Frat try to initiate you by making you say out that 'Deer is a better poet than me.  That would be real mean of 'em.  lol

SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

3 posted 2000-08-30 02:05 PM

~Kevin,...totally touching! Good to read your words again. Excellent. Take care you. *Peace.
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
4 posted 2000-08-30 03:53 PM

A smooth flow of words...congratulations on college....James
Jamie
Member Elite
since 2000-06-26
Posts 3168
Blue Heaven
5 posted 2000-08-30 04:18 PM

I am glad you are going to Clemson. Perhaps with your poetic talent you can improve the literacy rate at CU to above 50%....LOL

ps I heard about the big fire in the library down there....terrible tragedy, what with neither book being checked out. Perhaps UNC will help out. (I am sure we will contribute a "W" to CU football program in the very least..........)
sorry could not resist the little dig at Redneck U as it is known around here..( I am about 45 minutes away btw)

Jamie

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito. - Virgil.
"Yield thou not to adversity, but press on the more bravely".

Kevin
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-11-02
Posts 729
Torrington, Ct, Usa
6 posted 2000-08-31 12:24 PM

thanks mar, nice to see you too =)

lng jhn, that would be mean bro, actually the worst theyve made me do is moo by the milk machine =) which i thought was funny anyways\

SF, good to write again too

thanks james, appreciate it

now jamie, ITS ON  what is unc ranked anyways? cause the way I see it Clemson is ranked 8 in the SI poll? thats much higher then unc, I look forward to kicking your butt =) too bad its an away game or i would tell you to come down and see it in person =)

and trust me, im a yankee through and through, and it is redneck u =)

Elizabeth Santos
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-11-08
Posts 9269
Pennsylvania
7 posted 2000-08-31 04:49 AM

Hey, didn't know you were a Clemson tiger. Good luck down there. Loved those Clemson men (when I was young, of course) Very tender poem you've written.
Liz

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #9 » Once Again (HI FROM CLEMSON!)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary