navwin » Main Forums » English Workshop » Prose?
English Workshop
Post A Reply Post New Topic Prose? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Alpha_Omega
since 2002-11-26
Posts 23

0 posted 2002-11-26 06:43 PM

Could someone please help me? I was wondering if this would qualify under the calssification as Prose. Its not finished, not by far, but Im kinda confused on the subject.

I sit on my porch, looking out into the wind. Im so suprised to find myself caught in the imagery of the winds. Just gazing out into the oblivious sky, my thoughts scorning me and it is so unreal. My emotions are so caught up in a body filled with responsibilitys and dillemas. These thoughts are the only thing that has kept me persisting, they kept me searching. I sit and look into the sky, and start searching, searching for something beyond comprehention, beyond what I know. The sky is grey with blue trim and I realize it's a dream. This world, this reality, my life is a dream.

"Break down and cry," I say to myself "Don't hide what you've known for so long." I am so stunned, I am so oblivious to my very needs, that I stuff my feelings and emotions down into the bottom reaches of my soul. So far, too far to remember them. I say aloud "Let it die!!!!!! This is real!!" But, in the bottom of my soul, I know I am just a fool, and im playing myself. I sit up restless, smoking another cigarette, filtering thru all of  my thoughts. Slipping away, farther and farther

© Copyright 2002 Alpha_Omega - All Rights Reserved
Brad
Member Ascendant
since 1999-08-20
Posts 5705
Jejudo, South Korea
1 posted 2002-12-22 06:02 PM

Sure.

Prose is just a classification. A novel is prose, an essay is prose etc.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » English Workshop » Prose?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary