navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » Just Ramblin'
Open Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Just Ramblin' Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a

0 posted 2000-04-11 02:02 PM

For those that don't really know me,
I'm a crazy kinda guy,
I love to mess with Balladeer,
And this is the reason why;

He's a master at this poetry,
The best I've ever seen,
He's warm, intelligent and caring,
His wisdom is so keen.

He's a friend when friendship's needed,
He's an expert with words so fine,
He's wasted all his talent,
Killing bugs with all his time.

There's very few people these days,
That can put their thoughts to words,
Like Balladeer does so expertly,
To compete is quite absurd.

I wish him only health and prosper,
I think his talent's rare indeed,
Someday I want to meet him,
I guess I'm drunk it's plain to see!

Balladeer's a real pleasure,
To read and learn and envy,
I wish him health and fortune,
(But not with my hard earned money).

Someday he and me and LongJohn,
Will meet in a bar somewhere,
Balladeer the designated driver,
(The Comedy Channel should be there).

© Copyright 2000 Toerag - All Rights Reserved
suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
1 posted 2000-04-11 02:10 PM

Sell tickets.... you could all retire wealthy!!! *G* But be sure and save me a front row seat... and backstage smooches. *G*

This is great, Toe... the friendship between you guys is something special... and we all reap the benefits!

Pepper
Member Elite
since 1999-08-19
Posts 3079
Southern Florida
2 posted 2000-04-11 02:16 PM

Great tribute to my favorite 'bug man', Toe ..... and if you do sell tickets, like my good friend suggested, I'll take 2 in the front row, please .....
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

3 posted 2000-04-11 02:28 PM

It is evident that your friendship is something special! Great poem, Toe!

Denise

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
4 posted 2000-04-11 02:33 PM

Well ladies, I'm sure Balladeer knows how much I care for him...How I envy and admire him...he and LongJohn are two folks I've never been able to get completely over on....and that makes them special to me.....I can't say what their "comebacks' and humor do for me....nor their wit....but I love them both dearly, would give anything to spend a few days with both of them....I know I can outdrink them both, I'm positive I could whup both of them physically,, I think I could make them both laugh hysterically,.....but "brain" wise....I have some reservations....these two guys are without a doubt two of the most intelligent folks I've ever run across, and my admiration for both is incredible.....I've never had the opportunity to meet anyone that can go one on one with me when it comes to drinking, fighting, or one on one joke swapping.....but these two have taught me that there's always someone better or at the very least...just as good! These two are better...but I'd love to try! Thanks for the kudos....and you two guys are my goal...We will all get together someday.....and it should be....to say the least...interesting and fun....!!!!!!!!! Love ya both.....Toe
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
5 posted 2000-04-11 02:38 PM

LOL!!  First I have to laugh and then ya git me with that heart stuff!  Wanna mess around? I heard you'd pay child support?
How bout just the support?  

j/k Suthern!

Toe these are friendships to treasure! I hope someday you 3 can get together. I would love to be there, I'm sure you guys could make it one comical night to remember.
God bless ya buddy! HUGS

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
6 posted 2000-04-11 02:51 PM

By the way...there is one more person I'd like to add to this list...Nighthawk....he'd pretty incredible too......I hope he can join us whenever we meet.....he's strictly awesome too.......
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
7 posted 2000-04-11 03:01 PM

Toe, you are the one that's awesome!!
suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
8 posted 2000-04-11 03:03 PM

Harumph!!!! *G* Nothing against Hawk or LJA or Deer... but I wanta be there, too! LOL.

Okay.... so I can't outdrink you... can't whup you... can't even remember a joke. *G* And we won't discuss how far I am out of your league intelligence-wise. LOL But I can sure admire you! *G* That should count for something, right? *G*

Pepper
Member Elite
since 1999-08-19
Posts 3079
Southern Florida
9 posted 2000-04-11 03:07 PM

Hey Toe .. I live just a few minutes away from 'Deer and you and suthern have an open invite to stay here ... whenever ...... Let's make this a reality, eh ?
Marina
Member Elite
since 2000-02-10
Posts 2245
Pickering, Ontario
10 posted 2000-04-11 03:07 PM

Well, that was an excellent poem sir.  If Balladeer won't go drinking with you, I could take his place.  I hate to see people drink alone!

Marina

Elizabeth Santos
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-11-08
Posts 9269
Pennsylvania
11 posted 2000-04-11 03:38 PM

Toe,
From all I know of you, and having met Balladeer and Lngjohn, I can affirm that you would not only have a blast, but engage in an even closer friendship. You are right, they are both super intelligent, and both great people to know, and so are you. Three of a kind, and with Nighthawk, four.
I liked your poem. There is a lot of truth and love in it
Stay cool
Love ya
Liz

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
12 posted 2000-04-11 10:10 PM

HRFMPPH!! Outdrink me, eh? You have NO idea how many Pink Squirrels I can put away! Not to mention Grasshoppers, er, forget that. I was thinking of work. And whoop me, eh? I sit in the bathtub every night and pull the plug and fight the current just to keep my muscles toned! Well, ok. I'm sure you could do both....and there's no doubt you could keep us in stitches all night. It's gonna happen. Something got the three of us here from different parts of the country and something will get us together, too. I've no doubt it will be a night to remember. Hell, I remember it and it hasn't even happened yet! Gotta watch that LongJohn, though. He comes across as the serious scholar type but if ya look real close he's got that little twinkle in the eye and you just know hell can break loose at any minute. You, Toe? You're the spark plug of this old bus. You're the driving force that keeps us going and I'll always be grateful for the fun you've put in my life. I'd happily take you as a brother, a father or a great friend...and you'll always have one in me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna work on a poem to tear you to shreds! Love ya, big man......
WhiteNite
since 2000-04-09
Posts 241
Montgomery, AL
13 posted 2000-04-11 10:59 PM

-- Spontanious response -- (now)

An old lost poet I am, sad and modest but true
I can't compete with the likes of him, barely with the likes of you

As I found the subject in the lines, all I could do was smile
When it comes to his wisdom and knowledge, lord knows he's got me by a mile

Although I'm just a rookie, at all this poetry stuff,
I found a laugh in your style, so trying it was a must

I still remember that first poem I read, posted by Balladeer
It was just a couple playing a game, but boy did it bring me cheer

I hope you don't mind the intrusion sir, on your happy little quarrel
I had to post the thoughts you stir, now I'm done 'til the morrow

--Dave
--------------------------------------

Wow... it's not much but I feel mucho better.

Thanks for the laugh and the inspiration  hope you don't mind  that being posted as a reply here, but I didn't see that little droplet of talent as being fit for a seperate post. ;-)

Great poem.  I love these poems that just make me smile and laugh and don't really have a very deep meaning get me lost in thought... maybe that was the inspiration... my mind was used to thinking more so it kept on going?

Anyways... I really like your poem.  it flows nicely.

"The storm rises up when the shadows descend
every beat of my heart every day without end
I will stand like a rock I will bend till I break
till theres no more to give if thats what it takes
I will risk everything I will fight I will bleed
I will lay down my life if thats what you need
every second I live thats the promise I make"

I have no idea who wrote this... tell me if you know. =)

LngJhnAg
Member Elite
since 1999-07-23
Posts 3508
Boot+Kitty=Poetry in motion
14 posted 2000-04-11 11:10 PM

Toerag

How are ya, you old reprobate?  I like your poem, and I appreciate the message you left for me today on my hotel phone.

'Deer - your comment about Toe being the spark plug is right on the mark!  A spark plug is about 3 inches long, pretty skinny, fires one time in six and only when the timing is right and its wired, and should be replaced at regular intervals.  Oh, and did I say it has a hot head????  lol

hmm - perhaps I should state that in verse...

I miss ya both - just trying to keep my head above water right now - things will plane out in time.  Take care ya'll.

psst, Belle - now don't go getting out your feeler gauge to test Toe's (credibility) gap.

Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
15 posted 2000-04-12 04:37 AM

Well I like they way all of you ramble.  Few people ever give me as much cause to smile as you three.  Let me know when that meeting is - I wanna watch.

Michael

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
16 posted 2000-04-12 04:57 AM

Morning darling..

Thanks for the smiles this morning, you loveable toerag...

HUSG

Bal: "Pink Squirrels"???

HUSG

If I could, I would and if I didn't, I should have!

Corinne
Member Ascendant
since 1999-10-28
Posts 5167
state of confusion
17 posted 2000-04-12 07:19 AM

Toe,

Just love to see this sweet side of you.
And heck, if y'all get together, you'd better invite everyone in Passions, cuz you know we'll just show up anyway.  And think of this way, we'll buy you a drink!

Cor

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
18 posted 2000-04-12 07:30 AM

How 'bout this... I'M the designated driver... You're all gonna need me around anyway - You can't be seen in public together without my giant eraser in case you all get pickled... um...into a pickle you can't get out of....
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » Just Ramblin'

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary