navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » Eternal Love
Open Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Eternal Love Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ElektraXOXO
since 2000-04-07
Posts 30
San Antonio Tx

0 posted 2000-04-07 09:45 PM

This is a poem I wrote about my first love.

The Flower
                 By: Yvonne Garcia

How could I forget that terrible night? You'd still be here is it weren't for our fight. I gave you this flower and said we were through, you stood there and watched me walk away from you. I went home knowing you'd call, for I knew our love wasn't over at all. At 10 pm the phone rang, I answered it and said, " Noel, I am sorry, I love you ", but a man said, " Yvonne, let me speak to your mother not you. " I watched as moms face began to turn white. I knew something wasn't right. Mom hung up the phone and walked towards me with dread. My heart knew, Noel was dead.
       " Theres something strange about Noel ", she bagan, " They can't seem to remove some flower from his hand. "

This story is true, an hour after I left his house he left after me. To try and get me back. As he was driving to my home with the carnation I gave him when I said bye, a drunk driver hit him head on and killed him, He had that flower clutched so tight in his hand, they couldnt remove it. He was burried with it, and it stayed fresh for the 4 days until it was put to rest with my ETERNAL LOVE.

© Copyright 2000 Yvonne Garcia - All Rights Reserved
Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
1 posted 2000-04-07 09:57 PM

I'm just about crying here, Elektra. This is just so sad...my prayers will be with you also. Welcome to Passions.

Elizabeth

"He have his goodness now. God forbid I take it from him!"
-The Crucible

ElektraXOXO
since 2000-04-07
Posts 30
San Antonio Tx
2 posted 2000-04-07 10:01 PM

Thank you very much Elizabeth, I deeply appreciate it.
Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC
3 posted 2000-04-07 10:15 PM

-Elektra

The tears stream down my face as I reply to this. I am also at a loss for words for once in my life! I can't even begin to express my sincere sorrow for this pain you have endured. I am glad though that you write about it. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and God Bless!!

AMY

P.S. This poem though it broke my heart was simply BEAUTIFUL!!

~Live today as though it were your last but prepare for tomorrow as though it were here~

ElektraXOXO
since 2000-04-07
Posts 30
San Antonio Tx
4 posted 2000-04-07 10:25 PM

Amy-
I am so thankful that you like my poem, and tears come to my face also when I read how great people like you are . A very heartfelt Thank You

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

5 posted 2000-04-08 10:51 PM

Oh, this is so heartbreakingly sad. I'm sorry for your loss. Welcome to Passions, Yvonne. Please check your email for a special welcome!

Denise

[This message has been edited by dsnyder (edited 04-08-2000).]

mariee66
since 2000-01-30
Posts 596
Recess, OfYourMind
6 posted 2000-04-08 10:59 PM

This was truly sad and heart breaking~
You have written your pain very well~

Noel is my bro's name... not very common~

Take care~
Marie~

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind;
And therefore is wing'd Cupid painted blind." The Bard

Panthers Chrysalis
since 2000-03-25
Posts 51

7 posted 2000-04-08 11:04 PM

Sends chills down my spine. What a sweet, sweet, memory to cherish, and a silken petal to wash away the guilt.

Dawn Eclipse
since 2000-01-31
Posts 637
The Horsehead Nebula
8 posted 2000-04-08 11:21 PM

That was a very emotional poem.  My heart goes out to you.  Great piece, and welcome to passions.

"It is in our aloneness
that we recognize our oneness,
even as the single droplet of water
knows also that it is the sea."Daniel

*Cassie Roseen*

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » Eternal Love

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary