navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » A request for all of you Please Read...
Open Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic A request for all of you Please Read... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
tori
since 1999-06-18
Posts 520
Mechanicsville, Maryland, USA

0 posted 2000-04-04 12:27 PM

The following message, being nonpoetic in content, has been moved to the Announcements & Links forum

Nancy

Salutations  Everyone,

I am one in a  Million!
I'm attending the Million MOM March in Washington DC May 14,2000 on sensible gun control
I live in Maryland and I know most of you are far away and its hard to get there..
But I would still like you to be there!..
So... what I'm proposing here is for you to do what you do so well, write a poem on this subject.
There will be a million MOM's there who have lost a love one to gun's, or like myself, just sick of being scared of loosing someone to a single bullet, and sick of sensible gun law's being passed over
This is our chance to yell ENOUGH is ENOUGH!
I've got a big mouth and good lungs... so I'll yell loud for all of you!!
I would like to take your poems with me, if you care to share in the experience, it would be a kind thing for all of you to do to reach out for this cause, and to the one's who have lost....
I would  include copyright date and E-mail address so if your words reach one , they can contact you!
I read on the Tapestry at http://www.millionmommarch.com  something from and ER nurse that sums it up for me....
She said she's treated many of gunshot victims, but not one who was shot by a home owner!

And Ruth, I'd love for you to write another if you like to, but I'd really love it if you would allow me to take the one you wrote "Fourteen Children"

Please Send All Poems to this E-mail Address in E-mail form
one_of_amillion@hotmail.com

I'm one in a million how about you?
Peace to you and your's
Love Tori

< !signature-->

If with pen in hand I've made you think
I've not wasted one drop of ink
Vlh.
visit my site~ http://www.hsanet.net/user/dkm/hellomy.htm

[Note: This message has been edited by Nan]

© Copyright 2000 Victoria Hosier/tori - All Rights Reserved
Danny Holloway
Member Elite
since 2000-01-15
Posts 2034
Tulsa, OK
1 posted 2000-04-04 02:30 PM

Good luck on the march.  Hope it makes a difference. Not sure what the answers are when improper gun handling is just one example of how irresponsible people can be when it comes to personal, family, or public safety.
Finding a balance between maintaining our freedoms and protecting innocent victums is a difficult task for sure.
This issue brings out politics at its best (or worst). Makes for great rhetoric but no solid action.
Gun safety and drunk driving.......how much suffering have these two issues caused????
~~~now jumping off my soap box~~~~~~
Will make an effort to write a poem.
Best regards,
DH

[This message has been edited by Danny Holloway (edited 04-04-2000).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » A request for all of you Please Read...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary